Speculation: Predict the Next Canucks Trade

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I think it's a near certainty - particularly with Pouliot's emergence - that we trade Hutton for something quite stupid relatively soon.

Shame, because we could actually have a solid defense corps this year:

Edler - Pouliot
Hutton - Tanev
MDZ - Stecher
Hutton would be a great trading chip...although,it will most likely be MDZ at the TDL ,which is a drag because I've really liked his play..and what he's brought to the team (a leader)....Good signing by Benning,..MDZ's a lot better then what I anticipated him to be.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Mostly agree, I've been quite happy w MDZ, and if we turn his solid play and very reasonable contract into a nice prospect or late 1st at the deadline it would be a fantastic bit of GM'ing. In my head MDZ was a total wimp who was incompetent in his own zone and that hasn't been the case at all.

*I don't think it's likely we trade him

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Hutton would be a great trading chip...although,it will most likely be MDZ at the TDL ,which is a drag because I've really liked his play..and what he's brought to the team (a leader)....Good signing by Benning,..MDZ's a lot better then what I anticipated him to be.

MDZ has been a fine signing. But I'd much much rather trade him than Hutton. Ben been's maligned, but he's played pretty well too this season. And he's younger and can grow with the team.

As above poster said, if we can liquidate MDZ into a solid future piece, I'd be very happy.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
MDZ has an A on his jersey. He's getting an extension.

I still think Slater Koekkoek, who was rumoured to be a target earlier this year, sounds like the exact sort of player Benning goes after. Guessing one more injury on D and Benning pulls the trigger on Subban + 2nd/3rd for Koekkoek. If not an injury, then maybe something based around Gudranson for Koekkoek at the deadline.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Jordan Subban and a third for Dustin Brown.

*bonus prediction: Benning and Linden sign extensions as the Canucks are still in hailing distance of the sixteenth and final playoff spot in January
giphy.gif

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Obviously, the thing to do is move the older players at the deadline. Any faint playoff hopes should be ignored in this endeavor. I know the Sedins are saintly but this is a business, not a church. Cash them in! Other older players hold less value but should also be actively shopped.

In the real world, I would guess something around Dorsett. He is embarrassingly tough and plays hard nosed hockey! He has to go. Canucks must go with a softer line-up or they will not be a lottery team.

Dorsett for Byron.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
MDZ has an A on his jersey. He's getting an extension.

I still think Slater Koekkoek, who was rumoured to be a target earlier this year, sounds like the exact sort of player Benning goes after. Guessing one more injury on D and Benning pulls the trigger on Subban + 2nd/3rd for Koekkoek. If not an injury, then maybe something based around Gudranson for Koekkoek at the deadline.
Hey MDZ has been great for team.Im totally thinking Jimbo maybe moves Gaunce for a dman when Edler gets hurt again.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Really looking forward to our next trade. This from the Blackhawks Gustav Forsling thread.

Another game, another impressive performance from the kid. Only Keith and Rutta had more minutes overall against the Rangers. He was 2nd in PP time among defensemen (beaten again by Keith). Only Rutta had more PK time for the defense. Also had 3 shots and saved a goal.

The hardest position to find in this league is a good top pairing defensemen. Thanks to Adam Clendening, I think we've stumbled on one for the future.​
Last edited: Yesterday at 11:15 PM

Kreator

Feb 18, 2017
Right, because this team should be happy with "anything" for a capable, affordable top-4 D and one of the team's only valuable trade chips...
If you cannot see that Edler is effing AWFUL take up cricket....this aint the 2011 #23 anymore.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
If you cannot see that Edler is effing AWFUL take up cricket....this aint the 2011 #23 anymore.

The "if you don't agree with me you don't know the game" argument, huh.

2015-current Edler is a far more rounded player that can actually handle tough defensive minutes.

He no longer benefits from all the 2nd assists from Sedin PP points, but he's a better defenseman.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
Really looking forward to our next trade. This from the Blackhawks Gustav Forsling thread.

Another game, another impressive performance from the kid. Only Keith and Rutta had more minutes overall against the Rangers. He was 2nd in PP time among defensemen (beaten again by Keith). Only Rutta had more PK time for the defense. Also had 3 shots and saved a goal.

The hardest position to find in this league is a good top pairing defensemen. Thanks to Adam Clendening, I think we've stumbled on one for the future.​
Last edited: Yesterday at 11:15 PM

Does Canucks general manager Jim Benning regret the trade?

“Well, no, I drafted him, I saw him lots in his draft year. I knew he was a good player. He’s a skilled player and he’s got an excellent shot. You know, where we were at when we made the deal, our guys believed in Adam Clendening and so we made the deal to give him a chance. That didn’t work out, but I move on. We’ve got Troy Stecher, and that’s a similar type player. He’s going to be a real good player for us moving forward.”

Next trade... Gudbranson + 2nd for ? (roster player)

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
It's quotes like that which really make me hate being a Canucks fan right now. When will this nightmare finally end?

I wouldn't be surprised to see us trade Virtanen and a pick for an older, worse version of himself that Green will actually dress very night. Basically the Kassian trade 2.0.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad