Speculation: Predict the Next Canucks Trade

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Probably not much until the trade deadline and we continue to lose games.

I'd say one of our depth forwards (Burmistrov, Gaunce, Dorsett, etc.) if we get healthy and cannot dress them all. One of them either gets waived or gets traded for a mid/late round pick.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
EDIT: Jordan Subban and Alex Burmistrov for an high end AHL centre and a 4th.

Gudbranson at the deadline for a late first or multiple seconds. or hopefully a late first, an early 2nd, and another top 100 pick.

Vanek for a 3rd and 4th round pick.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Jordan Subban for Curtis Valk.

Benning would get absolutely roasted for this.

Honestly, I'd move Subban for a 20/21 year old struggling center young AHL center. So they can develop into a Curtis Valk type center, they don't need to have much actual NHL potential, just high AHL potential. That would fix the Utica center position for at least 2 more years, if that prospect develops into a AHL top center. Also, isn't Curtis Valk considered a Veteran now?

Anyway, I think it's rather clear that a utica trade should be main priority for the Canucks.
Gudbranson isn't gonna get moved till Jan 1st, because that's when they can extend his contract IIRC.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
Benning would get absolutely roasted for this.

Honestly, I'd move Subban for a 20/21 year old struggling center young AHL center. So they can develop into a Curtis Valk type center, they don't need to have much actual NHL potential, just high AHL potential. That would fix the Utica center position for at least 2 more years, if that prospect develops into a AHL top center. Also, isn't Curtis Valk considered a Veteran now?

Anyway, I think it's rather clear that a utica trade should be main priority for the Canucks.
Gudbranson isn't gonna get moved till Jan 1st, because that's when they can extend his contract IIRC.
Not sure where the rumor was started but the Subban for Valk rumor was going around the Aud last weekend. Valk is a long way from being an AHL veteran because the time spent in the ECHL doesn't count and he missed so much time due to injuries. Just 88 AHL games coming into this season. Benning should have offered him an ELC last summer and kept him in the system.

Last edited:

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I thought Valk was about to get a shot with the big club? not sure why he'd be moved now.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
I'm thinking it's just a matter of timing before Tallon pushes the right buttons to get Gudbranson.

There was a piece at the beginning in the provies mentioning the Canucks having had interest in Jayce Hawryluk before, so I'll go with him and a 4th for Gudbranson.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Not sure where the rumor was started but the Subban for Valk rumor was going around the Aud last weekend. Valk is a long way from being an AHL veteran because the time spent in the ECHL doesn't count and he missed so much time due to injuries. Just 88 AHL games coming into this season. Benning should have offered him an ELC last summer and kept him in the system.

Agreed, I have no idea why Curtis Valk was let go either, seems like another critical mistake in managing Utica by this management team.

So he wasn't considered a Veteran, why didn't they resign him? Valk is so much better at actually creating offense in the AHL then Chaput or Megna.

Reactions: UticaHockey

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Baertschi + 2nd for Evander Kane + 3rd then instantly resigns Kane to a 7 year 52.5 mill contract.

Hutton for De Hann then instantly resigns De Hann to a 6 year 30 mill contract.

Gudbranson for a reclamation project + 3rd

Vanek for a reclamation project + 4th

Biega for a reclamation project

Wierchoch for a 5th

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
Agreed, I have no idea why Curtis Valk was let go either, seems like another critical mistake in managing Utica by this management team.

So he wasn't considered a Veteran, why didn't they resign him? Valk is so much better at actually creating offense in the AHL then Chaput or Megna.
My guess is the Canucks would have brought Valk back on an AHL contract but didn't want to use one of their NHL contracts on him. That's why the Subban trade makes some sense because it would be a NHL contract for a NHL contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad