Predict Next Seasons Record

Frankc

Jan 9, 2005
Montreal
Y'know, that's what a lot of Oilers fans said all those years they had lottery picks. But one bad season was followed by another one, and another, and another. They're still waiting to be good enough to make the playoffs and they have not come close to being a "contender" despite the years of suffering.

What makes us think that being awful for a couple or three years is going to magically turn us into the 2010 Blackhawks?

Especially with the same people in charge who got us into the basement to begin with?

You are right about the Oilers, but there's more than them to look at. It did work for Chicago, for Pittsburgh... but also there's few example of team who pick really high 2-3 seasons in a row only and it was enough to change the look of the team.. ie; Tampa Bay (Stamkos & Hedman), Washington (Ovy & Backstrom).. Of course, there's no guarantee, but chances are better to get a player that will change the face of this team by being in a top5 in the draft than having the 20th rank.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Y'know, that's what a lot of Oilers fans said all those years they had lottery picks. But one bad season was followed by another one, and another, and another. They're still waiting to be good enough to make the playoffs and they have not come close to being a "contender" despite the years of suffering.

What makes us think that being awful for a couple or three years is going to magically turn us into the 2010 Blackhawks?

Especially with the same people in charge who got us into the basement to begin with?

With Molson, MB, Julien, I don't have any hope the Habs will ever be a cup winner. My only hope is Molson is somehow removed and sent back to the brewery to watch over his crappy beer. Then MB gets fired, a new president and GM are hired and they get rid of Julien. Revamp the pro scouts, fix all of MB's mistakes, bring the prospects along slowly and put them in a position to succeed. It could be a long haul, no matter what we are going to need luck, if we ever get a 1st overall pick it's got to be a special year. The Pens lucked out twice with Super Mario and Sid, Oilers with McJesus. Getting a generational talent is going to take a lot more then just being bad, we'll need luck and even if we end up getting him we'll see need a lot of other things to go our way cause you can't have just 1 great player and all the sudden you are a top team.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017

tanking is not a guarantee....but what do we have to lose by trying it?

what we have done for the past 25 years didn't work either.....so why not change the approach and try something different?

we have nothing to lose by tanking.....and everything to gain

Reactions: Pickles

Jul 6, 2016
let's be optimistic

45-30-7 = 97 points

or realistic....

30-45-7= 67 points

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
tanking is not a guarantee....but what do we have to lose by trying it?

what we have done for the past 25 years didn't work either.....so why not change the approach and try something different?

we have nothing to lose by tanking.....and everything to gain
Yeah we can aspire to be the new buffalo!

Hazzah!

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Without Weber for 35-odd games, I see the Habs struggle mightily In the first half, to then come back and have a better record in the second half, which is kind of the lamest prediction I could make since it's the most obvious.

If Weber was with the team for the whole season, I'd see the Habs maybe fight for a playoff spot.

By the time he's up to speed, Habs will probably be close to eliminated.

Forget Price playing in god mode. I've never seen Price dominate without an elite pair of dmen in front of him. It would be a first.

I see a lot of posts saying, 'well some players are gonna breakout yaddi yaddi yadda'. Seriously. That lineup is the worst I've seen since 00-01. And please spare me the comparisons (with 00-01), I'm talking in terms relative to what the rest of the league has to offer in the present. Even IF they all have the right attitude, which is everything, even IF they all eat the best hotdogs, even IF half of them have a great season, or even IF they ALL have a great season, the highest yield they will produce, that summit they can aspire to, is pretty ****in low. Like really low, like Buffa-low.

Ironically, Buffalo should do a lot better.

-10 by the time Weber comes back (to form). They play close to ,500 once he's back, We finish at around 72.

29-39-14

BadHabit

Mar 29, 2006
Canada
It doesn’t matter, I see Molson’s new strategy to ensure people don’t care anymore! So this is what they meant by a better fan experience... hmmph!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad