Predict Next Seasons Record

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Its been said but...

We should be a bottom 3/5 team but Price can single handedly make us a bubble team and finish 9-12th .

I see us around the 10 hole because of price who i dont see having another sub par season . He may not be Hart Price but even a 80 % Price can ruin the lottery odds :(

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
29 wins and 71 points last year.

No new centers, no puck moving defensemen. Weber out for the first half of the season (less but he’ll take time to get up to game speed).

Three fewer wins so 26 and 69 points.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I'd agree if the roster was healthy. But without Weber for a few months plus more time to get back to speed, and without Byron and Shaw to start the season, we're likely to have a rough first half. The wildcards, naturally, are the rookies and young players who might surprise. It's hard to imagine the Habs being carried by its homegrown draft picks, but hopefully we'll start seeing that in a couple of years...

All of last season I said i'm fine with us trading anyone away - but don't necessarily expect that to make us tank. Us playing more young players may make us better, not worst tbh.

It also all comes down to Price. If he lives up to the enormous, and unfair expectations on his shoulders - we can be a playoff team. He's really good. He has been in the past at least.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yeah, I'm not saying that's what I want. Because give me Jack Hughes all day.

I just have a feeling not everyone is going to have a **** year again.

I'll wait till October to see what the final roster looks like as I got to think a trade or two are coming between now and then. But I think this team will be a good bit better then many think. I want a top 3 pick badly so I bet we end up picking 10th or so.

I'd agree if the roster was healthy. But without Weber for a few months plus more time to get back to speed, and without Byron and Shaw to start the season, we're likely to have a rough first half. The wildcards, naturally, are the rookies and young players who might surprise. It's hard to imagine the Habs being carried by its homegrown draft picks, but hopefully we'll start seeing that in a couple of years...

We should hear more on the injuries if they stick to the "new" transparency.

Byron is expected to be back around the 18th, if that ends up being correct he'll miss 6 games.

Shaw is expected to be back around the 25th, if that ends up being correct he'll miss 8 games.

Weber is expected to be back between Nov 19th and Dec 19th so that is the big one, if he's back around Nov 19th he would miss 20 games, if it's Dec 19th then we are looking at 34 games.

The defense is the main problem unless Price sucks again cause I would be surprised if Niemi is anything close to what he was with us last year.

If you have say,

Mete Petry
Reilly Schlemko
Alzner Juulsen
Benn

that isn't pretty for between say 20 to 35 games, so it would likely come down to how much closer to 20 or better it is vs the latter. Then we would need to see what kind of shape and impact the injury had on Weber is.

If you have,

Reilly Weber
Schlemko Petry
Mete Juulsen
Alzner

depending on how Weber looks, how much production we get from Reilly (cause I think he's going to do well if given high TOI and the right partner), if Schlemko is better then he was last year, if Mete and Juulsen make the team and do well (although I prefer them to be in the AHL but I don't believe we are rebuilding) that defense could surprise but lots of questions and I don't think they will have the balls to move Alzner to 7th D while making 6M in salary.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Bottom 5, it's hard to look at our roster and find one worse tbh. Name 1 team with a worse roster?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
What I posted in the postitivty thread so I will keep my outlandish but positive preditction.

Habs finish 2nd in the division.

Price plays with a chip on his shoulder and has a great season

Weber returns and gives the team a huge boost.

Our team is going to be younger and faster and that will lead to more offense even though it looks like we didn't add any scoring. Get ready for announcers to talk about how fast the habs are all season.

The D will surprise many and be alot more mobile then people are giving them credit for. Mete/Julesen/Reiley/Valiv/Desperes/Ouellet will add speed and mobility to the backend. Not all of them will grab a spot on the team but they will get chances and eventually some will be full timers and one of them will have a break out year.

I see the team being a lot more focused this year to get out on the right foot. lots of other teams are going to take the habs lightly thinking its an easy 2 points, and before they can catch on and start taking the team more seriuosly the habs will have already banked a ton of wins.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
What I posted in the postitivty thread so I will keep my outlandish but positive preditction.

Habs finish 2nd in the division.

Price plays with a chip on his shoulder and has a great season

Weber returns and gives the team a huge boost.

Our team is going to be younger and faster and that will lead to more offense even though it looks like we didn't add any scoring. Get ready for announcers to talk about how fast the habs are all season.

The D will surprise many and be alot more mobile then people are giving them credit for. Mete/Julesen/Reiley/Valiv/Desperes/Ouellet will add speed and mobility to the backend. Not all of them will grab a spot on the team but they will get chances and eventually some will be full timers and one of them will have a break out year.

I see the team being a lot more focused this year to get out on the right foot. lots of other teams are going to take the habs lightly thinking its an easy 2 points, and before they can catch on and start taking the team more seriuosly the habs will have already banked a ton of wins.

Not quite as optimistic as you, but I basically agree that a better Price and a much faster team will improve the outcome. Hopefully Julien can squeeze something useful out of a team like that.

In any event, I like being a contrarian, and I am convinced that there are fewer of us optimists this year than there are naysayers, by a significant margin.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
i think he will have.....

the estimate for return is the earliest possible return....i think it will be much longer then that

Actually it's 5 to 6 months. That takes him to middle of November or December. I believe he had the surgery in mid June ish. And it was a complete repair (tear sewed) vs a grinding type repair when he could of been ready for the season but he would have had potential for more problems down the road.

If he is out all year, a lot has to go wrong and the doctors were extremely happy with the results of the knee surgery. His foot surgery was actually a very rare situation and there are not many doctors out there that deal with that type of injury. This would be a bigger concern but we would know any problems from this earlier cause he had that surgery a while ago now and would have plenty of recovery time.

A good read about his Knee Surgery... Recrutes | Weber Explained

Rickkins

Jul 22, 2007
I predict that we'll win some and we'll lose some, maybe end up with a wildcard spot...

But quite likely not even that......

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
31-40-11

Finished 3rd last, Detroit finishes lower in our division; and end up winning the lottery!

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Not quite as optimistic as you, but I basically agree that a better Price and a much faster team will improve the outcome. Hopefully Julien can squeeze something useful out of a team like that.

In any event, I like being a contrarian, and I am convinced that there are fewer of us optimists this year than there are naysayers, by a significant margin.

Its a long shot prediction, but I have a feeling in the back of my head that the team is going to be able to surprise on the back of Price and other teams taking the habs lightly.

After a bad season the team usually bounces back. There is no pressure on the team and everyone expects losses.

Odds are better they stink but there is a chance to surprise. And I think one of TB/BOS/TOR is going to face adversity this season and slip. If the injury bug hits it can take any team down.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Bottom 5, it's hard to look at our roster and find one worse tbh. Name 1 team with a worse roster?

Sens. I also think the Sabres, Coyotes, Wings, Canucks, Canes, Rangers, Islanders are not definite teams that are much better than ours. I can also see the Habs being in the 10-15 bottom teams mix. It's just way to dam hard to say one way or another IMO.

Bottom 5 is too easy and the popular consensus. But I expect a bit of bounce back and a better health. However, we need Weber to come back 100% healthy in December, Price to play better, and we don't have another worse start in franchise history.

Last edited:

Eastern Shores

Jun 20, 2018
10-35-37 57 points

Rational: Price rebounds with monster year but still can only do so much.
Weber gone for the whole year and still no top offensive centers. This team will lose a lot of 2-1 games. Our young defense matures but will be ready for 2019. the young wingers continue to improve playing complete 200 foot games as the team awaits the centers that have been drafted to arrive. the return for Patches is a wildcard but likely will not be immediate help.

Unfortunately, I believe this is the MB Master Plan so not expecting a change on that front by the 2018-2019 merciful end.

So drafting top 5 next year or more likely top 3 would be my guess even with a Price rebound to form

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
I expect us to be under 80 pts, draft top 3 again and have the same management. Rince and repeat for a few seasons hopefully building a solid, talented young core. But man those hotdogs are going to be great!

K7UILGz.gif

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
yeah im sure toronto is going to slip this season.....they only picked up that scrub Tavares :rolleyes:

If injuries happen you never know.

there is always that one team that is expected to do well that falls. It happend to TB 2 years ago.

Not saying it will be TOR, but I can see one of those 3 teams run into injuries or coaching issues that will tank their playoff hopes.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Sens. I also think the Sabres, Coyotes, Wings, Canucks, Canes, Rangers, Islanders are not definite teams that are much better than ours. I can also see the Habs being in the 10-15 bottom teams mix. It's just way to dam hard to say one way or another IMO.

Bottom 5 is too easy and the popular consensus. But I expect a bit of bounce back and a better health. However, we need Weber to come back 100% healthy in December, Price to play better, and we don't have another worse start in franchise history.
I'll give you the Sens, largely based on Karlsson, but disagree on Coyotes, Wings, Canucks,Canes, Rangers and Islanders.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'll give you the Sens, largely based on Karlsson, but disagree on Coyotes, Wings, Canucks,Canes, Rangers and Islanders.

There is no way you or anybody can say the Habs are definitely worse than the Coyotes, Wings, Canucks, Canes, Rangers, and Islanders. There is a cluster of teams that fall in the bottom 3rd group. You can be disappointed with our team not being a legit playoff team and that is fair. After that, it's anybodies guess cause every season is different. Sorry, The Habs have many holes to fill but so do a lot of teams in the bottom 3rd of the league. The difference is talent from 20-31 is not that much different and any of those teams can be a bottom 5 or finish in the group that just misses the playoffs.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
There is no way you or anybody can say the Habs are definitely worse than the Coyotes, Wings, Canucks, Canes, Rangers, and Islanders. There is a cluster of teams that fall in the bottom 3rd group. You can be disappointed with our team not being a legit playoff team and that is fair. After that, it's anybodies guess cause every season is different. Sorry, The Habs have many holes to fill but so do a lot of teams in the bottom 3rd of the league.

We don't have a number 1 or number 2 dman or a number 1 or number 2 centermen, we in deep shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->