Predict Next Seasons Record

TouzY

Dec 1, 2014
Quebec
I just checked out the bottom teams from last year... They all have a little something, put montreal... i just don't see the light, maybe price ? maybe Patch ? Weber getting old... nothing special.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs will win no more than 25 games. Fans will still flock the Bell Center like Good Little sheep and Molson will be good to go.

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
26-38-18 for 70 points

They will be playing games to try and stay close and end up losing most in overtime
I honestly see us getting blown out early in games, that lineup is very one dimensional and can only win in non challenging situations . Back to back opponents and teams lower than us, we will try and hold teams to a 3-0 loss and be grateful, this team has zero identity.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Our #1D man is back in December and yes, we are lacking top centers. But you go look at the bottom 3rd teams. They are all missing big pieces.

They are. But without Weber we have arguably one of the 5 worst defense. Other teams can have injuries too but they wont all have injuries to their best players.

This lineup really is not looking good. Maybe this will work there's always surprise (i'm still speechless at that one time we did not finish bottom 5 with Zubrus-Zholtok-Petrov as our first line) but on paper we should be bottom 10.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
If injuries happen you never know.

there is always that one team that is expected to do well that falls. It happend to TB 2 years ago.

Not saying it will be TOR, but I can see one of those 3 teams run into injuries or coaching issues that will tank their playoff hopes.
like Weber ? Shaw ? Byron ?

yeah ok...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They are. But without Weber we have arguably one of the 5 worst defense. Other teams can have injuries too but they wont all have injuries to their best players.

This lineup really is not looking good. Maybe this will work there's always surprise (i'm still speechless at that one time we did not finish bottom 5 with Zubrus-Zholtok-Petrov as our first line) but on paper we should be bottom 10.

The point is we are in the mix with the bottom 1/3 teams. I'm not saying were going to win a division here.

Frankc

Jan 9, 2005
Montreal
35-38-9 .. 79 pts

Unfortunately Price will be good this season and will prevent us from tanking really bad. If it wasn't of Price I would have said 27-43-12 for 66 pts

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Sens. I also think the Sabres, Coyotes, Wings, Canucks, Canes, Rangers, Islanders are not definite teams that are much better than ours. I can also see the Habs being in the 10-15 bottom teams mix. It's just way to dam hard to say one way or another IMO.

Bottom 5 is too easy and the popular consensus. But I expect a bit of bounce back and a better health. However, we need Weber to come back 100% healthy in December, Price to play better, and we don't have another worse start in franchise history.

Sabres and Canes just got miles better with their draft picks as did the Wings. I think Galchenyuk will lead the Coyotes into the playoffs and I would definitely trade the habs roster straight up for the Islanders. This point is moot thought, bottom 5 is exactly where the habs want to be.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sabres and Canes just got miles better with their draft picks as did the Wings. I think Galchenyuk will lead the Coyotes into the playoffs and I would definitely trade the habs roster straight up for the Islanders. This point is moot thought, bottom 5 is exactly where the habs want to be.

To be honest, I hope we end up in the bottom 5 but I expect rebound from Price and it's anybodies guess how much our young players improve.. Drouin, Domi, Lehkonen, Scherbak, Mete, Juulsen, Hudon, DLR.

Are the Sabres and Canes for sure better than us? I'm not so sure. I have the Habs anywhere in the mix of the bottom 3rd. I can see us sneaking in the playoffs as a wild card but that is best case

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I changed my mind on the prediction here. I'm going with the opposite of the 1976-1977 team with a record of 8-62-12. I added the 2 extra games to loses for dramatic effect, because yes, I know they only played 80 back then.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Hope you are right! Not that I want him hurt but I strongly believe we need another really bad season and a top 4 pick to be able to be a contender in 3-4 years.
Y'know, that's what a lot of Oilers fans said all those years they had lottery picks. But one bad season was followed by another one, and another, and another. They're still waiting to be good enough to make the playoffs and they have not come close to being a "contender" despite the years of suffering.

What makes us think that being awful for a couple or three years is going to magically turn us into the 2010 Blackhawks?

Especially with the same people in charge who got us into the basement to begin with?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad