Predict Next Seasons Record

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I wont do records, but I'll say its 50-50 between 5th and 6th place in the division.

AboveandBeyond

Jun 1, 2013
Hollows Edge
What I’m hoping for 31-47-5 = 67 pts
What will probably happen 38-38-6 = 82 pts

The team is not a contender so I’m hoping for another top 3 pick and let’s do this rebuild right .

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
They’ll make the playoff because Price will decide to make a run for it.
47-27-8

Big freaking year for Jesus Price, another Hart/Vezina/etc in da bank.

Cause that’s what you would expect from a 10.5M goalie/player.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I honestly don't think it's going to be as bad as most people expect. A playoff bubble team would not shock me.

Agreed. 10 more wins is all it takes to be a bubble playoff team. A better start to the season and a healthier roster will change things too. Too many are too quick to write us off. I would love another top 5 pick but I expect a bit of rebound.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Agreed. 10 more wins is all it takes to be a bubble playoff team. A better start to the season and a healthier roster will change things too. Too many are too quick to write us off. I would love another top 5 pick but I expect a bit of rebound.

Yeah, I'm not saying that's what I want. Because give me Jack Hughes all day.

I just have a feeling not everyone is going to have a shit year again.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I just have a feeling not everyone is going to have a **** year again.

Players have pride. I think they will be ready to start the year and there will be less pressure to win. Last season's preseason and first month of the year set the tone. Not so sure this repeats itself. And I am with you... I would love to lose for Hughes. That's how you build a cup contender. If we don't try, we won't get him.

Patch, Byron, Petry (once Weber comes back healthy), should be moved to deplete the talent a bit more. Take another step back so we can take a few steps forward in 2 years.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Probably the Habs finish with one of the worst records in team history with 50 points.

They might surprise however and sneak by to make the playoffs. This is what I hope does not happen.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I honestly don't think it's going to be as bad as most people expect. A playoff bubble team would not shock me.
I'd agree if the roster was healthy. But without Weber for a few months plus more time to get back to speed, and without Byron and Shaw to start the season, we're likely to have a rough first half. The wildcards, naturally, are the rookies and young players who might surprise. It's hard to imagine the Habs being carried by its homegrown draft picks, but hopefully we'll start seeing that in a couple of years...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd agree if the roster was healthy. But without Weber for a few months plus more time to get back to speed, and without Byron and Shaw to start the season, we're likely to have a rough first half. The wildcards, naturally, are the rookies and young players who might surprise. It's hard to imagine the Habs being carried by its homegrown draft picks, but hopefully we'll start seeing that in a couple of years...

Honest question... From Oct to Nov 4th, we were 4-8-1 in our first 13 games. With Weber hurt and possibly Patch traded, do we have the same type of record come the first week of Nov this season? I actually hope we do cause I want to "Slack for Jack" but I think we get off to a better start. Something around .500

Hoping we Slack and Lose for Jack Hughes but I can see this team rebounding a bit.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Honest question... From Oct to Nov 4th, we were 4-8-1 in our first 13 games. With Weber hurt and possibly Patch traded, do we have the same type of record come the first week of Nov this season? I actually hope we do cause I want to "Slack for Jack" but I think we get off to a better start. Something around .500

Hoping we Slack and Lose for Jack Hughes but I can see this team rebounding a bit.
The cool thing about hockey is its total unpredictability. Last year, nobody predicted Price would be so weak and Weber's foot would be broken at the start. We knew the roster was weaker... but not 4th-worst weaker. This season will have a new set of surprises. Nothing will shock me so I won't bother predicting. A bottom-five finish is the easy guess, but not necessarily the smartest. Could the Habs be a decent team? Yeah, if Mete, Scherbak, Hudon, Domi and Drouin's biorhythms align. But let's hope they embrace the rebuild and add a ton of top picks next year. I really like "Slack for Jack" as a tagline and a mission statement.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The cool thing about hockey is its total unpredictability. Last year, nobody predicted Price would be so weak and Weber's foot would be broken at the start. We knew the roster was weaker... but not 4th-worst weaker. This season will have a new set of surprises. Nothing will shock me so I won't bother predicting. A bottom-five finish is the easy guess, but not necessarily the smartest. Could the Habs be a decent team? Yeah, if Mete, Scherbak, Hudon, Domi and Drouin's biorhythms align. But let's hope they embrace the rebuild and add a ton of top picks next year. I really like "Slack for Jack" as a tagline and a mission statement.

You nailed it. That's how I feel about it too. "Slack for Jack" is what most of us want though. Lets hope the hockey gods helps us out with another off year and a lottery win.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

I just have a feeling not everyone is going to have a **** year again.

I think the lack of talent will catch up eventually.

We had Weber and Pacioretty to start the year last season and MB said that the season was lost in the first 15 games.

Now that we know Weber will miss at least the first 20-25 games and Pacioretty likely gone eventually.. I don't see we can be any better than last year.

If we put Drouin back where he should be which is on the wing... our centers would likely be Danault, Plekanec, Peca and DLR... That's by far the worst centers in the league. I'd also argue that without Weber, we have the worst defensive group in the league. If we lose Pacioretty for prospects and picks, our wings are not that good either. Bunch of 30-40 pts player with the exception of Gallagher, Drouin and Domi who should be around 55 pts.

We also don't know which Price we'll get next season but we know that he will have that extra pressure of being the 10M$ goalie.

I personally don't think there's many team that has a worst roster than us.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
97 points, 2nd wildcard, Cinderella playoff run, many confused and belligerent fans, livers aching for weeks on end next spring.

Always drink responsibly, guys.

Clearedwaivers

Feb 27, 2017
I'm not sure about the record, but I think 50 losses is a possibility. I will say 45 losses is almost a lock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad