GDT: Predators@Leafs 7PM SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCoRe

Dec 30, 2007
Seinäjoki
Not saying it wasn't an offside, but I think we should at least consider to have some kind of time limit of the offside challenge (meaning how long back can we go before we can determine it's not straight correlation between the offside and a goal. I think it was somewhere around .40sec after the offside now.

Reactions: Rogue

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Brown has shown a bit more finesse tonight for sure. Great pass to Kap, a nice drive to the net off the draw...not too shabby.

When you can reduce a guys game to two plays... that's not good and it's all he gets every game. Moore is making crap happen every shift, how does that work?

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
Not sure what more Hutch could've really done on those goals, completely screened and second goal was also a deflection off his own player. I don't know if Andy in his place makes it any different
Not blaming Hutch for those goals but we've seen Andy make saves most goalies in the league have no business making. I think Hutch has looked solid today.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Can't get too mad with Nylander over the offside and deflection; both were a bit unlucky. That said... come on Nylander. Do something positive.
Im more upset at that 7 million dollar shot block, not willing to block a subban point shot with anything but his stick of course subban scored... Yet if he blocked shots like every one else getting less money on this team think of the goals that would not have been scored against us.

Reactions: TMLuniverse

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Oh gosh you cannot be serious right now.. It's a 2-0 game they have not quit on anything. If there is one thing this team has shown in the past 2ish years, it's that wild things can happen in the third period.

Down only 2 I'm not worried yet and this team has not quit...

If the Leafs cared more, they wouldn't be losing. Didn't you know?

Reactions: robertmac43

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Babcock's weakness is that he won't adjust......
And that's why if they ever do anything in the playoffs it will be in spite of this coach and not because of him..
A good coach from a different era...
..should not be coaching this team.

Give it a rest. Babcock regularly adjusts. Just like 8 games ago he changed lines going into the 3rd and put Kap on Mathews line and we scored 3 goals in the 3rd and tied it, won in OT. Stop shoveling BS everywhere.

Reactions: SwollenGoat

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Unlucky so far. Bounces not going the Leafs way, I hope the Sportsnet ticker isn’t representing the official shot clock. Somehow after the disallowed goal we had 9 shots, Leafs had 3 high danger scoring chances in row on the same shift were Pekka was really sharp and somehow the Leafs were then credited with 8 SOG.

Leafs have been the better team thus far. Need a save on 1 of those point shots. Need to fight through screens and track the puck better, I’m aware the 2nd goal was tipped but that was close to the blue line and that is enough time to make the adjustment especially glove side.

Wouldn’t consider many of Nashville chances as high quality.

Rogue

Jun 21, 2017
Not saying it wasn't an offside, but I think we should at least consider to have some kind of time limit of the offside challenge (meaning how long back can we go before we can determine it's not straight correlation between the offside and a goal. I think it was somewhere around .40sec after the offside now.
I agree so much with you!!!

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Brown has had a pretty good game.

Should have had a primary assist but Kap hit the post. He also had an assist in the last 2 games.

Of all the times to bash him, now is not one. He is playing well.
Brown was fine with Tavares/Marner..
Marleau is done and that line is having it's worst game since Hyman was off it..
Why in the world did he put Marleau there?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Armstrong and Kypreos talking that they need more shots in close and traffic like Nashville..... The majority of shots the Leafs have had have been in the crease area, far superior than Nashville. They've had so many chances up close. Come on.

I truly believe they didn't watch that period and are just throwing a bunch of garbage out of their mouths.

Reactions: 1specter

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Brown was fine with Tavares/Marner..
Marleau is done and that line is having it's worst game since Hyman was off it..
Why in the world did he put Marleau there?
Definitely seemed unnecessary. Not sure what the motivation was

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
pretty hard to come back from this one. i think preds are #1 in the league when leading after 2. not to mention they're leading by two.

nillander and glassthews need to score some for us

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
The no goal call and Subban goal are back breakers. It's gonna take some real effort and determination to come back in the third. Do the leafs have come from behind victory in the third this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad