Post-Game Talk: Predators def. Canucks - 4-2 (Highmore, Ekman-Larsson)

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
Too bad we wouldn’t sign Rob Niedamayer, not sure why he was a great bottom pair guy. If we did we might have had Scott instead of an injured Naslund.

Imagine if Edler learned the ropes from Niedamayer instead of Ehrhoff. He would have been sick. You got glimpses of it before Edlers decline playing with Erik Karlsson at one of the Olympics or world cups . That pairing was great on the big ice.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Kind of a predictable result.....Canucks playing three games in four nights, and the Preds coming off a bit of a break. Just a huge difference in energy level between the two teams. Would probably have been better if the Canucks had played the Preds first, and then wrapped up the road trip in Chicago. But that's the way the schedule broke.

A couple of disappointing performances from some of the guys coming back from COVID protocol, notably Horvat and Pearson. And Myers had one of those Myers games, where his stick looks like a wet noodle. Haven't been a lot of those games lately, but last night was ugly. On a positive note, Juulsen looks like he might be able to play. Kind of reminds me of a Brent Sopel type of d-man. But sample size is still small.

Canucks exactly at the .500 mark and still a playoff longshot. It's over to Rutherford and Alvin for the inevitable rosters shakeout. The trade deadline is almost more interesting than the rest of the regular season.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Kind of a predictable result.....Canucks playing three games in four nights, and the Preds coming off a bit of a break. Just a huge difference in energy level between the two teams. Would probably have been better if the Canucks had played the Preds first, and then wrapped up the road trip in Chicago. But that's the way the schedule broke.

A couple of disappointing performances from some of the guys coming back from COVID protocol, notably Horvat and Pearson. And Myers had one of those Myers games, where his stick looks like a wet noodle. Haven't been a lot of those games lately, but last night was ugly. On a positive note, Juulsen looks like he might be able to play. Kind of reminds me of a Brent Sopel type of d-man. But sample size is still small.

Canucks exactly at the .500 mark and still a playoff longshot. It's over to Rutherford and Alvin for the inevitable rosters shakeout. The trade deadline is almost more interesting than the rest of the regular season.
I had a good feeling that the Canucks might win last nights game, they seemed to have their legs in the first period...The shorthanded goal, and Millers penalty killed the momentum, and you're right..They just didn't have the energy to snatch it back.

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021

Chicago played pretty bad but we barely beat them. I mean when they let Chiasson score it’s pretty bad.

I don’t think flip flopping the schedule would have made a huge difference. Although we do play well against Nashville for some odd reason.

Last edited:

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Welk Johnny, at least we aren't getting shelled like we were with Travis Green.

I honestly don’t care if we lose by 1,2 or 10. I’ve been a fan for too long and I’m honestly tired of it. See. 2 almost wins in my life and that’s not enough for a team that has as much fan support and ability to spend every penny they can.

now we are blowing this core up again and trying again which will take 6-7 years. It’s f***ing demoralizing.

Zarpan

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Well, yes.

But the whole point is that the narrative is nonsense. Dumont didn’t miss a shift and set up a goal on the ensuing PP with Burrows in the box. Then he played at his usual level (or better) for a full year after the hit before hitting a wall towards the end of the following season when he was 32, right in line with typical age-related decline for players of his level.

The hit wasn’t really even ‘career affecting’, much less ‘career ending’.

Plus the hit by Robidas in October 2009 was much more damaging. Dumont had to be helped off the ice after that hit and missed a few games. Still was productive during the early part of that season after coming back.

Reactions: MS

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
I honestly don’t care if we lose by 1,2 or 10. I’ve been a fan for too long and I’m honestly tired of it. See. 2 almost wins in my life and that’s not enough for a team that has as much fan support and ability to spend every penny they can.

now we are blowing this core up again and trying again which will take 6-7 years. It’s f***ing demoralizing.

Alvin just needs to realize that we have to be patient and we will make mistakes, just make sure they are easily correctable with a little foresight and always try to move forward. Or make sure you have a rainy day fund or a buffer for mistakes(cap space).

He also has to realize that he might have to set it up for the next gm to take all the credit because it’s going to take some time for sure.

If the gm does that, then eventually it’s going to happen. Yzerman
would have been perfect for this so hopefully once his shelf life ends in Detroit we can get him. He took his sweet time building Tampa then Brisbois came in and closed it out.

That kind of happened with Burke to Nonis to Gillis too. Took 3 gms to see the plan through for one or two shots at the cup.

So hopefully Alvin can clean up this mess and build the proper foundation. Then the next gm can close it out. 6-7 years sounds about right hopefully . But the key is even if we aren’t close in 6-7 years, not to go all in just because it’s been 6 years and the pastor of muppetz of the world are impatient and delusional about the team. Just do the right things rinse and repeat until you can legit go all in, even if it takes 10 years to hit that wave.

Basically wait until you have a straight flush, Royal flush, or full house of aces, kings, or queens before you go all in. ( I wouldn’t even go all in on a full house of jacks). If we shuffle the deck for 6 years and still don’t get one wait until you do. Rinse and repeat.

Just don’t go all in on a 4 card straight like Dim did for years and we will get it eventually and then hope another team doesn’t have a higher Royal flush than yours when you do go all in or it isn’t jokers wild like how Boston fluked out against us. Lol

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Okay, almost 24 hours later. Disappointed that we lost last night, BUT....it was a back to back, 3rd game in 4 nights, with flights to 4 cities, and some players re-joining the team after long quarantine layoffs. And we still earned 5 out of 8 points.

On Jan. 18 in Vancouver, we defeated Nashville 3-1. We loved the win, but we were quick to excuse Nashville's loss because they were on a back to back on the road. Our goal scorers were Petey, Boeser and Lammiko.

We certainly have weaknesses on our roster that need to be addressed, but I have to remind myself to keep some perspective when we lose a game like last night. This month is really significant. Playing lots of home games, easing of covid testing of players, should provide a clear picture of where we're at before the TDL. And those teams that have games in hand, it only matters if they win them.

Reactions: Zippgunn

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
6 points back now. Good times. Let hope JR isn’t as delusional as some of the folks here and blows things up before we can even entertain ruining our draft position.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Okay, almost 24 hours later. Disappointed that we lost last night, BUT....it was a back to back, 3rd game in 4 nights, with flights to 4 cities, and some players re-joining the team after long quarantine layoffs. And we still earned 5 out of 8 points.

On Jan. 18 in Vancouver, we defeated Nashville 3-1. We loved the win, but we were quick to excuse Nashville's loss because they were on a back to back on the road. Our goal scorers were Petey, Boeser and Lammiko.

We certainly have weaknesses on our roster that need to be addressed, but I have to remind myself to keep some perspective when we lose a game like last night. This month is really significant. Playing lots of home games, easing of covid testing of players, should provide a clear picture of where we're at before the TDL. And those teams that have games in hand, it only matters if they win them.

the picture is already completely clear. If we played at colorados pace for the rest of the year we’d still only finish with 101 points. We are out.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
the picture is already completely clear. If we played at colorados pace for the rest of the year we’d still only finish with 101 points. We are out.
Yup, I agree that our chances are slim to none, even if we go on a winning streak, but I was thinking more about what players to keep or trade. I know JR said his priority is creating cap space, but it'll be interesting to see who are the players who bust a gut trying, and who is just collecting a pay check.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Alvin just needs to realize that we have to be patient and we will make mistakes, just make sure they are easily correctable with a little foresight and always try to move forward. Or make sure you have a rainy day fund or a buffer for mistakes(cap space).

He also has to realize that he might have to set it up for the next gm to take all the credit because it’s going to take some time for sure.

If the gm does that, then eventually it’s going to happen. Yzerman
would have been perfect for this so hopefully once his shelf life ends in Detroit we can get him. He took his sweet time building Tampa then Brisbois came in and closed it out.

That kind of happened with Burke to Nonis to Gillis too. Took 3 gms to see the plan through for one or two shots at the cup.

So hopefully Alvin can clean up this mess and build the proper foundation. Then the next gm can close it out. 6-7 years sounds about right hopefully . But the key is even if we aren’t close in 6-7 years, not to go all in just because it’s been 6 years and the pastor of muppetz of the world are impatient and delusional about the team. Just do the right things rinse and repeat until you can legit go all in, even if it takes 10 years to hit that wave.

Basically wait until you have a straight flush, Royal flush, or full house of aces, kings, or queens before you go all in. ( I wouldn’t even go all in on a full house of jacks). If we shuffle the deck for 6 years and still don’t get one wait until you do. Rinse and repeat.

Just don’t go all in on a 4 card straight like Dim did for years and we will get it eventually and then hope another team doesn’t have a higher Royal flush than yours when you do go all in or it isn’t jokers wild like how Boston fluked out against us. Lol
So..you've moved off your initial 5-10 year rebuild, into a more palatable 6-7 year rebuild.?..Good times.
200w-1.gif

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
So..you've moved off your initial 5-10 year rebuild, into a more palatable 6-7 year rebuild.?..Good times.
View attachment 504611

I said it could take longer if you learn how to read. Lol I said if it takes longer we still can’t jump the gun until we have a hand, even if it takes longer.

It’s really a simple concept. You don’t go to a gun fight with a knife or bare fists even if you have been amassing weapons for 6 years , you still don’t go until you have the weapons you need period.

Yes, these things take that long. If we win a cup in less than 5 years I’ll gladly dm you and say I am wrong. But if we don’t and don’t even make the 3rd round in 5 years I expect you to man up and admit that you were wrong and these things do take that long generally.

Rangers are a rare case and even then took them like 3 years and they aren’t legit legit contenders.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad