Post-Game Talk: Predators def. Canucks - 4-2 (Highmore, Ekman-Larsson)

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Honestly I would of rather gone like 6-3 instead of starting 9-0. Gives the players some confidence, but won't keep us from selling hoping we might squeak in the playoffs. Plus it would keep Bruce playing the kids instead of Chiasson.
What are the chances our owner will allow any GM to rebuild our core and club properly? I just see our owner directing the GM to retool and never giving the go ahead to properly rebuild.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Bo Horvat highlight reel

cartoon-ghost.gif
This made me laugh

ahah.....It's the captain Bo Horvat

fetchimage

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
Islanders package is #1 for me (not gonna happen)

Yes I doubt it but I think Boeser for Dobson would have been on the table before they unloaded toews to Colorado.

Boeser for Dobson and then re sign toffoli could have been a thing I believe.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Yes I doubt it but I think Boeser for Dobson would have been on the table before they unloaded toews to Colorado.

Boeser for Dobson and then re sign toffoli could have been a thing I believe.

Id do that trade

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
No easy and quick fix to the Benning mess. We need to build a new foundation. Going to take five years at minimum. If our owner doesn’t allow this, we will be stuck wallowing in mediocrity, and hoping just to (maybe?) make the playoffs.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Pretty obvious team didn't have it tonite. Get home, get sorted out and use the last part of the schedule to make a run. PP is as bad as it has ever been this season. Changes are not working. PP was a huge difference in this game

Good

Highmore - brings it every game. Has the one thing you need in the game today - speed. Tenacious on the forecheck and right now outplaying Motte.

OEL - hung in against a heavy forecheck and consistently got the puck out of danger. Hughes wasn't bad but thought OEL was our best d-man IMO. Unlike earlier where it was the reverse, he was doing a lot to carry Myers in this one

Miller - made some good set ups and moved puck well through neutral zone. Our best forward.

Garland - only other Canuck forward penetrating the defense. Out there with mostly baggage.

Say right here the most significant aspect of the game is that it highlighted how both Miller and Garland can play with speed and how Horvat and Boeser can't. And without speed in the present NHL you are dead. Trading Miller and Garland ahead of Horvat and Boeser makes little sense IMO. Maybe you get more for Miller and Garland but you're going no where long term or short term with Horvat and Boeser. In the end, if Rutherford has any sense and wants to move people then start with players that lack speed. Miller is absolutely better than Horvat in every way and Garland is more effective than Boeser.

Bad

Boeser - baggage, has zero speed from the blue line in. Looked slow even when given space on the PP. See very little offensive ability - even shot is mostly useless. Get what you can

Pettersson - looks like a wet Gumpy. Skitters around, all arms and legs, in panic mode all game. Almost feel sorry for him. Saddest part is that he is trying his best.

Myers - could see from the first shift he was in for a tough night. Guess he burned himself out in Chicago b/c he had nothing in this game. Maybe his worst game since Boudreau arrived

Pearson - how come all the players coming off the covid protocol are so gassed ??? Just couldn't get there tonight to make a play

Ugly

Horvat - he was so bad. Watching him standing in the middle of the defensive zone waving his stick at players zooming around him was nauseating. As was watching him stumbling around losing the puck on the PP. Made a bull rush once but it was painful watching him try to change direction or even try to stay in the play defensively. When he like this, his agility and first step or no better than Chiasson's. In this game he was also a big negative on the PK and likely Boudreau is making a mistake having him there. Really apparent, he couldn't get to the shooter on the winning goal. There are times when Horvat can be helpful but way too often he is lugging horribly and ineffective. Repeat, keeping him ahead of Miller is a huge mistake.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Pretty obvious team didn't have it tonite. Get home, get sorted out and use the last part of the schedule to make a run. PP is as bad as it has ever been this season. Changes are not working. PP was a huge difference in this game

Good

Highmore - brings it every game. Has the one thing you need in the game today - speed. Tenacious on the forecheck and right now outplaying Motte.

OEL - hung in against a heavy forecheck and consistently got the puck out of danger. Hughes wasn't bad but thought OEL was our best d-man IMO. Unlike earlier where it was the reverse, he was doing a lot to carry Myers in this one

Miller - made some good set ups and moved puck well through neutral zone. Our best forward.

Garland - only other Canuck forward penetrating the defense. Out there with mostly baggage.

Say right here the most significant aspect of the game is that it highlighted how both Miller and Garland can play with speed and how Horvat and Boeser can't. And without speed in the present NHL you are dead. Trading Miller and Garland ahead of Horvat and Boeser makes little sense IMO. Maybe you get more for Miller and Garland but you're going no where long term or short term with Horvat and Boeser. In the end, if Rutherford has any sense and wants to move people then start with players that lack speed. Miller is absolutely better than Horvat in every way and Garland is more effective than Boeser.

Bad

Boeser - baggage, has zero speed from the blue line in. Looked slow even when given space on the PP. See very little offensive ability - even shot is mostly useless. Get what you can

Pettersson - looks like a wet Gumpy. Skitters around, all arms and legs, in panic mode all game. Almost feel sorry for him. Saddest part is that he is trying his best.

Myers - could see from the first shift he was in for a tough night. Guess he burned himself out in Chicago b/c he had nothing in this game. Maybe his worst game since Boudreau arrived

Pearson - how come all the players coming off the covid protocol are so gassed ??? Just couldn't get there tonight to make a play

Ugly

Horvat - he was so bad. Watching him standing in the middle of the defensive zone waving his stick at players zooming around him was nauseating. As was watching him stumbling around losing the puck on the PP. Made a bull rush once but it was painful watching him try to change direction or even try to stay in the play defensively. When he like this, his agility and first step or no better than Chiasson's. In this game he was also a big negative on the PK and likely Boudreau is making a mistake having him there. Really apparent, he couldn't get to the shooter on the winning goal. There are times when Horvat can be helpful but way too often he is lugging horribly and ineffective. Repeat, keeping him ahead of Miller is a huge mistake.

Miller won't re-sign here. I'd rather keep him over everyone as well but it's just not realistic. Trade him now for a haul or trade him at next year's deadline for some scraps, either way he's gone.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Interesting stat. Horvat is 1 of 16 centers that plays 20+ min a night. Guess who produces the least out of those 16 centers while also being the worst defensively? Great captain..

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
If the return is good enough why not, He obviously isnt figuring it out here

Im sure he is given at least half of next season to figure it out.
The return will never be as good as the player he was 1.5 years ago. He is in a giant slump with a big contract and a huge QO. The return is going to be like a 1st + prospect at best. Nobody is going to pay full value. Even if the pick works out and the prospect becomes good, you will still be behind if Petterson regains his form for the other team.

There really is not much of an option, you have to wait it out and hope hockey ops will do whatever the f*** they can off and on the ice to help him regain his form.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Ive never been on the Shit on Horvat group here but man that was an ugly ugly game. Is he cooked?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
That Preds GDT is short but hilarious. Apparently they hate us Canucks fans cause Burrows ended some no name guys career and we LOLd about it. LOL

Despite the sucking...

Man I love this team :yo:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Horvat didnt have a good game, but I'm going to cut him some slack..His last game was against the Canes Jan 15th.. (where he was the lone Canuck scorer)..He didn't get to play or practice with the team for 2 weeks...By the time he got to the second game of this B2B, there probably wasn.t a whole lot there.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
JP Dumont was a really good hockey player, 3rd overall in his draft.

I don't remember Burrows "ending his career." Dumont literally didn't miss a game and played 2 more seasons after. The Preds ended his career by buying him out. Seems like a bit of a forced narrative, but ok I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad