Pre-season thread

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah more about the 2nd sentence. Picked him yesterday in a fantaisy pool in the last round and people have acted weird about it. I have talks with one of our own previously and he supposed to be the legit 3rd wheels with Benn and Seguin this year. I thought I got an homerun pick over a safe pick a la Craig Smith and people were all big smiles

Could be a good pick but I think he is gonna start the year with Janmark and Spezza. Its possible he ends up on Seguin's line at one point but they didn't play together at all in pre-season so not too sure

Reactions: bleuetbio

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I think the Duchesne trade hype train will pick up steam once Nill discovers that yes indeed, Spezza is finished. Shouldn't take long to realize. I'm guessing end of November. Hopefully that isn't too late.

I would like to be wrong about Spezza.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
I think the Duchesne trade hype train will pick up steam once Nill discovers that yes indeed, Spezza is finished. Shouldn't take long to realize. I'm guessing end of November. Hopefully that isn't too late.

I would like to be wrong about Spezza.

I think it will be late before he comes to his senses. His refusal to fire/replace Ruff in 2016-17, or move a practically useless Gonchar out in 2014-15 are indicative of his inability to respond to a crisis, quickly.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Yeah, I think they will push Hintz right into that role pretty early, like first Spezza injury. Unless they try Shore there, too. It is what he was drafted for, no? Yeah, maybe a little early but Nill/Monty have a choice of trading their precious assets for a higher paid vet or finally letting draft picks play, even if a bit earlier than warranted.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
If Nuke would have/could reach his ceiling, we could have a second line of Janmark, Hintz and Nuke. Wouldn't be the tops in the NHL, but all 3 could score 20

Reactions: Kcb12345

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Nevermind .

To watch the Stream i had to manually change Flash to be automatically be enabled.

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

First look at Heiskanen-Honka pairing

This also looks like its gonna be our starting forward group for this season imo. We just have to wait and see who comes out for Nichushkin when he returns.

Monty says Hintz has to have a big game for them tonight so I'd guess if he doesn't then he is headed back down

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Stars PK is one of the least aggressive penalty kills I've ever seen lol. Hope that changes for the regular season

Spezza had a really good period

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Heiskanen isn't on either PP or PK unit. Kinda odd but maybe just testing other guys out there I suppose. The PP is more a surprise than the PK

Edit: out there now killing penalties

Last edited:

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
its preseason, don't really care about the score, more so about how we look. From what I saw, I really like Comeau, but I knew him from when he played for Calgary. Top line looks good, Shore didn't look bad killing penalties also. First time ive seen anyon else wear 24 since Jo Benn and everytime I since Hintz im wondering who the &^* is this lol

Lets get a comeback going boys

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Hintz looks good. Fast and can create offense by himself.

Hope he makes the cut .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad