Pre-season thread

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
With several months and 50 pages of material, I propose we start a new thread to discuss all aspects of the preseason, including Traverse City, Training Camp, Roster Moves, etc., called the Pre-season thread.

To start, How about that Miro at TC, eh?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Looks so good. Nearly scored a beauty tonight as well. Point also looks very good but isn't getting any help offensively. Feels Heiskanen is our only threat offensively out there right now. Hintz is also very noticeable in a good way but that's expected. Also noticed Heiskanen shutting down Zadina a couple of times :)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
3 big blocks by Heiskanen back to back on the penalty kill. One in front of an open net. Hope he can stay healthy lol please don't get injured

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Point had a very strong game yesterday. Sadly the offense wasn't really there for some reason.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Pretty difficult to notice players outside of a standout like Heiskanen or a guy like Douglas who is just so huge that you allways see when he hits the ice.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Anyone notice how Veleno was out there ?
His name came up in the commentary several times, and he took some shots, but he wasn't an offensive standout like Zadina was. We're probably not going to know for several years if passing on him was a good idea when whatever made him fall so far rears its head, or a mistake when the scouts' fears prove to be nothing of significance.

Reactions: Bfantz

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
if this is going to be the preseason thread, at least fix the thread's title

this board has become clustered with poorly titled threads- its annoying af and the board needs to step up its organization game

Reactions: Morry83

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Pacioretty traded to Vegas. That leaves Panarin or Karlsson for us....please? Oof if Pacioretty got that return though I can't imagine what Panarin would cost. Then again Tatar is a cap dump at this point so I guess it was basically Suzuki straight up for Pacioretty

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
If what Vegas paid for Max is any indication, we would never be able to afford anyone of substance without including Miro as we have nothing but garbage outside of him, and we should stay the f*** away from any trade including him

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Yeah this trade pretty much signals Dallas will not be acquiring Panarin or Karlsson.

Not necessarily, if EK or Panarin will only waive for a couple teams, then there isnt much each team can do. If Panarin will only sign in NYR next season, then hes just a rental, where as Patches will be signing long term in Vegas

Plus Vegas offloaded Tatars contract also

Reactions: Kcb12345

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Fair enough.

Assuming Robertson and a roster player were on the table, I'd also include a 2019 or 2020 first for Panarin if an extension was agreed upon. That would help sweeten it.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Fair enough.

Assuming Robertson and a roster player were on the table, I'd also include a 2019 or 2020 first for Panarin if an extension was agreed upon. That would help sweeten it.

Columbus would be better served to keep Panarin and lose him next offseason than trade him for decent at best futures. Seems like they’re trying to go for it this year.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Columbus would be better served to keep Panarin and lose him next offseason than trade him for decent at best futures. Seems like they’re trying to go for it this year.

Yeah I agree. Trading him is kind of throwing away their season without legit, immediately impactful players coming back.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Can't believe MTL got Suzuki back for Pacioretty.

I also can't believe what VGK paid DET for Tatar. McPhee f***ing sucks lol

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Update on todays game for those who can't watch:

Hintz looks NHL ready and a level above his other forward teammates.

Robertson looks good today and had a really nice PP goal and a nice breakaway goal. Leads the Stars with 6 points in the 3 games so far. (2 G, 4 A)

Mascherin needs some AHL time and needs to shoot the puck more with that shot he has.

Heiskanen is so far above most of this prospect team that it's hard to watch when he makes a great play and they screw it up. Got an assist (says it was Hintz but it was actually Heiskanen) on the Robertson goal but has been on the ice for a couple of goals against. 1 was on a 5 on 3 PK. Other was an odd man rush after Dellandrea got out of position.

Dellandrea has played a very quiet game but just had a really nice hard shot off the post. I never really notice when he is on the ice though. Out of position that led to a goal though

Stenqvist looks like he could be in the NHL one day. Reminds me of Klingberg

The defense actually looks pretty good for the most part in general.

Point looks good again but just gave up a weak goal.

Currently down 3-1 going into the 3rd.

Robertson goal:
Assisted by Gleason and Heiskanen

Robertson's 2nd goal:
Assisted by Gleason

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic Mittens

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Robertson with another goal, down 3-2 now

I really think Hintz should be in NHL this year, but he may have to wait for an injury

Agreed 100%. He is so much better than everyone on our 4th line. And I'd rather have Hintz on the 3rd line and put Comeau on the 4th honestly. Assuming we don't acquire another top 6 left winger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad