Pre-season thread

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Plenty of interesting names on waivers today. Weise, Gagner, likely to see several more. I don’t want us to claim anyone though.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Now the two rookie goalies and if Johns is ready Bayreuther ( if Johns isn't he stays ) will be send down later and the roster is set .

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Benn - Seguin Radulov
Janmark - Spezza - Comeau
Nichushkin - Faksa- Pitlick
Dickinson - Hintz - Shore
(Smith, Ritchie)

Reactions: MrMeeseeks

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Plenty of interesting names on waivers today. Weise, Gagner, likely to see several more. I don’t want us to claim anyone though.

Would make little sense. We have a glut of cheap young players. No reason to add a Weise , Kühnhackl or whoever . Just use the guys on ELC and your own cheap players still restricted FA

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Good for Hintz. Deserved it with how well he's played.

With Spezza not showing much of a bounce back, hoping we see a Janmark - Hintz - Nichushkin line.

Its pre-season still but to me Spezza just seems to have lost his creativity and ability to make big plays. I'd rather him bounce back but you can't give him all year to do that.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Would make little sense. We have a glut of cheap young players. No reason to add a Weise , Kühnhackl or whoever . Just use the guys on ELC and your own cheap players still restricted FA

I agree, hence me saying I don't want us to claim anyone.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
This is awesome. Even though he’ll likely be playing on the third or fourth line Hintz looked really good this pre season. Solid all around player and he can actually create offence unlike a lot of our bottom six.

Like other have said our bottom six is looking really good. Once Hanzal comes back (I still think he can be decent, don’t hate) we are going to have two great checking lines.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I love Hanzal's game too and I think he was stylistically suited to be the best third line center in the game for several years.

But I think his injuries are too serious for him to ever play consistently again, much less reach that level. As much as I would love for that to happen, it just doesn't seem very realistic.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Neat group picture of the guys who went to the yearly six flags event . Nice to see Hanzal is also around albeit i still have doubt he'll ever really play again.

Johns and Klingberg i don't see other than that i think thats the full roster ( well Carrick but that doesn't count )

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Neat group picture of the guys who went to the yearly six flags event . Nice to see Hanzal is also around albeit i still have doubt he'll ever really play again.

Johns and Klingberg i don't see other than that i think thats the full roster ( well Carrick but that doesn't count )

I'm confident Hanzal will return around December. How long he plays for after that though before he gets injured again and decides to stop playing is what I'm wondering

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Spinal Fusion is no joke . I have no idea how well you can play hockey after that procedure . That has to cut into your mobility and thats kind of an important thing for pro-sports.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Spinal Fusion is no joke . I have no idea how well you can play hockey after that procedure . That has to cut into your mobility and thats kind of an important thing for pro-sports.
Also increases the risk of damage to the disc below the fusion because it starts to take more of a pounding.

ItsBennGreat

Get Jamie Benn a Stanley Cup '19 campaign
Jan 29, 2018
Raleigh. NC
Did anyone on the forum go to the Six Flags season ticket holder event? If so, how was it and how were the guys?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well a 2nd round pick that could've been invested in a better prospect but thats about it .

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I do recall him being quite the reach at the time, but he seems to be at about the same caliber as most of the players taken around there. Lehkonen is the only 2nd rounder from that draft taken after Elie who looks decent, and even he's no more than a good 3rd liner.

Not gonna complain about it, really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad