Pre-season thread

Starsfansfromqc

Sep 8, 2018
Heiskanen was in the squad before begining of this camp. No surprise there he is NHL ready and the only one who could take is spot there is Roman Polak :P

Gurianov make a big push for it but I dont see him in the opening roster. He make good progress but still have work to do I think. If he can play in the AHL like he did in preseason we will see him for sur later this year.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Personally, I want to see Gurianov start in the AHL and actually show some regular offensive promise. If he can score at a 30ish goal pace in the AHL, then I'll be more convinced that he's earned a spot.

Hintz has a better pedigree and has shown more than him this preseason. But if Hintz fumbles early, I think he should be sent down as well. Give them a chance to be offensive leaders.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
He's looked good in the preseason so far, apparently. Seems to be tenacious and fits well with Monty's system. He skates very well and has a ridiculous shot - the two assets that I believe are the reason we drafted him so high.

Since he was drafted, though, he's really shown us nothing impressive until now. A lot of the fanbase has soured on him and his potential, and this year is viewed as a do-or-die year for him. So far, though, he's doing what he needs to do to earn a spot.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
What are the chances Heiskanen or Gurianov make the squad?

Heiskanen is a guarantee and will likely begin the season in a top 4 spot. Gurianov unlikely but he has had a really good preseason so far so should be a call-up option as long as he maintains this at the AHL level

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Gurianov play not good?

He has been great in preseason, but the roster is just too jammed up that he really needs to continue to show them that he deserves a spot through the AHL this year. He will be a call-up option most likely and if he does well enough down there then he will earn himself a NHL spot. Hopefully he can get some NHL games in this year though

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Wonder what Ottawa wants for him in November , the deadline or whenever he gets traded.

Starsfansfromqc

Sep 8, 2018
They will trade Matt Duchene for ''peanuts'' compare to the price they have paided for him...

They give her own first pick for him :help: This pick will probably top 5 next draft.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Roope Hintz is a better and faster version of Devin Shore, and honestly he is easily NHL ready right now and could play anywhere in the lineup. His chances are probably much greater than Gurianov's

I honestly think he deserves second line center . I would rather him there than spezza .

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I see Hintz being another Janmark type player. Fast as hell, will pot 35 points, can play anywhere. I’ll take that from a 2nd round pick any day.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Fans on twitter have convinced them to start streaming preseason games. He read a lot of our complaints on there in a thread we all tagged him in and he responded a few days ago saying they would look into it and that he hears all of us lol. Should note that I believe this stream is locally only

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Yet Devin Shore gets nothing but hate around here haha

Well Devin Shore is definitely good for 30 points, but not much else. Pretty slow, bad defensively, really only looks good at left wing. I don’t hate him, but I’d rather give other players the opportunity he’s been given.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
My impression- minor injury to Spezza, Rope is our 2C by midseason. Or, J Spezza low production, Rope gets an early try.

Options 3, OTT wanted Rope for EK, will take him for MD, with adds.

If Hintz makes the roster he and does well i doubt he gets traded. Prospects still off and roster spares plus picks are usually returns midseason. You don't really want to give up an actual good young roster player who will still be cheap for years to come especially for someone who might just be a rental. Guys who are still off thats different or guys who are closer to UFA.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I mentioned this in another thread, but I wonder if Monty is considering something like this for the lineup: (not right away, but if Spezza or Nichushkin struggles and Hintz continues to prove himself).

Benn-Hintz-Radulov
Janmark-Seguin-Spezza (or Seguin at RW)
Comeau-Faksa-Nichushkin/Pitlick
Dickinson/Smith-Shore-Pitlick/Nichushkin
Smith/Dickinson

Send Ritchie and Elie to the AHL or to another team. Gurianov as our #1 call-up option

That's 4 lines right there capable of producing offense while playing good defense. We know it's incredibly unlikely though. Elie and Ritchie will be kept around because of experience

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad