Pre-season thread

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I mean Vic looks like a friendly cleaned up version of Oscar the Grouch . This one i don't know. Pretty close to Animal from Sesamy Street if you ask me

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Some other names outside of Stone, Duchene, and Nylander that I’m thinking could add depth. Mainly on team that I don’t expect to do much this year

Gus Nyquist
Tom Vanek
Jakob Silfverberg
Eric Staal
Mats Zuccarello
Kevin Hayes
Brendan Gallagher
Jordan Eberle
Brock Nelson
Anders Lee
Teuvo Teravainen

AK87

Hall of Famer
Nov 8, 2012
Do as you wanna
Some other names outside of Stone, Duchene, and Nylander that I’m thinking could add depth. Mainly on team that I don’t expect to do much this year

Gus Nyquist
Tom Vanek
Jakob Silfverberg
Eric Staal
Mats Zuccarello
Kevin Hayes
Brendan Gallagher
Jordan Eberle
Brock Nelson
Anders Lee
Teuvo Teravainen

Eberle or Gallagher would be nice, but are we willing to give up what it takes to get one of those players? Are the stars in a position to trade away some picks or prospects? I don't think they are ready yet...

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Sorry it's off topic, but I didn't want to make another thread about it. I was just wondering how good/bad defensively Roussel is from the perspective of a Dallas fan. If we had him on a shut down 4th line is he going to be a liability with high D-zone starts against top players?

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Sorry it's off topic, but I didn't want to make another thread about it. I was just wondering how good/bad defensively Roussel is from the perspective of a Dallas fan. If we had him on a shut down 4th line is he going to be a liability with high D-zone starts against top players?
He's not exceptional but not a liability in that regard. He's always a penalty Liability though

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014

Gus Nyquist
Tom Vanek
Jakob Silfverberg
Eric Staal
Mats Zuccarello
Kevin Hayes
Brendan Gallagher
Jordan Eberle
Brock Nelson
Anders Lee
Teuvo Teravainen

Doubt Teravainen gets moved he’s still an RFA after this contract. The rest I could see. Gallagher, Lee, Staal, and Zuccarello are particularly interesting targets.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Awesome thanks.

Also are they goon penalties or are they stupid lazy penalties like hooking

Most of them are stupid lazy things. Other than not not so much Goon stuff more like pest stuff . For example he'll get in someones face to get both players send off ( which also works often enough ) and sometimes he'll be the only one who ends up in the penalty box afterwards.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Not a liability and he is a pretty decent penalty killer. He will take dumb penalties every now and then as mentioned above though. His reputation alone will get him penalties even if it's a borderline or bad call

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Awesome thanks.

Also are they goon penalties or are they stupid lazy penalties like hooking
Idk if Lazy is the way to put it, he works hard and tries to do too much with his stick to get the puck back.

Robert Kentwood

Sep 11, 2018
Idk if Lazy is the way to put it, he works hard and tries to do too much with his stick to get the puck back.
Not to mention his reputation with refs. He'll get called occasionally for doing nothing, just based on who he is.

But yes, he did take a lot of unnecessary penalties the past two seasons.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Doubt Teravainen gets moved he’s still an RFA after this contract. The rest I could see. Gallagher, Lee, Staal, and Zuccarello are particularly interesting targets.

Yeah, Gallagher intrigues me the most. Three years left at a shade under four million, so he’s really affordable. I dunno how willing Montreal would be to deal him, but if they have another down year he might be next on the chopping block. They aren’t dealing Price or Weber.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Hope this helps Hintz making the team. He should be the best of the bunch still fighting for a roster spot.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I fell in love with Hintz at the prospect tournament. The kid for non-stars fans has come out of nowhere. I was absolutely impressed by his skill level and complete game. I'm watching the game today, and that has not changed. This kid is good enough not just to make this team but be a real factor. The only thing is I'm scratching my head trying to figure out who he'd beat out and where he'd fit. There are a lot of veterans on this squad that I have a hard time believing would be sent to the pressbox.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I fell in love with Hintz at the prospect tournament. The kid for non-stars fans has come out of nowhere. I was absolutely impressed by his skill level and complete game. I'm watching the game today, and that has not changed. This kid is good enough not just to make this team but be a real factor. The only thing is I'm scratching my head trying to figure out who he'd beat out and where he'd fit. There are a lot of veterans on this squad that I have a hard time believing would be sent to the pressbox.

Well Ritchie of course and you play Hintz at Center with Smith and Shore on his wings . Ritchie and Dickinson scratched with Elie in the AHL . If Gurianov somehow also makes it it gets more complicated . ( don't really expect it though even if i'm rooting for him ) .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Put Hintz at top six wing. **** it

YOu can also demote Comeau or Pitlick . Still the rosterspot stays the same. Not sure he beats out Seguin , Faksa or Spezza for a top9 Centerspot though and don't know how good he is at wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad