Pre-season thread

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Gury seems to be having quite the preseason.

I feel like he had a pretty good pre-season last year too..not 100% sure though. I remember him being good at the game I went to at least and he got an assist

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'm souring on Laxdall as AHL coach . He seems to prefer career AHL-er over young guys too much. Yeah it got us to game 7 of the Caldeer Cup Finals but that run came out of nowhere.

Similar to how i felt about Hitch last year by the way.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
By the way is the roster still at ~50 ? There's quite a few guys who haven't been played yet ( and not counting Johns who be on the NHL roster anyway ) who are just "there" . Mascherin and Desrosier come to mind just on top of my hat.

Guess that'll change when Texas opens training camp whenever that is.

Last edited:

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I'm souring on Laxdall as AHL coach . He seems to prefer career AHL-er over young guys too much. Yeah it got us to game 7 of the Caldeer Cup Finals but that run came out of nowhere.

Similar to how i felt about Hitch last year by the way.

Mmm.. give him some young players to play then???

Look at the roster last year, it was full of old AHL players with zero prospects.

This year we actually have some young players to play.. Masch, Point, Caamano, etc.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
By the way is the roster still at ~50 ? There's quite a few guys who haven't been played yet ( and not counting Johns who be on the NHL roster anyway ) who are just "there" . Mascherin and Desrosier come to mind just on top of my hat.

Guess that'll change when Texas opens training camp whenever that is.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Man was really hoping to see Gleason and Mascherin get a pre-season game or two in. Also surprised Phelan didn't get an AHL contract I thought they really liked him in the prospect tournament?

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

Here is everyone left

Really hope they put Polak on waivers

Why would they?
Bayreuther is the only prospect defenseman that looked decent and he isn't going to beat out
Lindell, Miro or Methot on the left side

The only way he makes the roster is if they move Heiskanen to the Right side permanently and roll
Lindell-Klingberg
Methot-Heiskanen
Bayreuther-Johns

Then waiving Polak to make Honka the 7th makes sense, at least until they can trade him for scoring help because he wouldn't benefit from being the 7th in any way.

But Honka has actually looked decent in his preseason games so there is like zero chance of that happening until either an injury or trade forces it

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Time to see what Hintz is truly capable of. Would also love to see them try Dickinson there

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Johns is either hurt or trade-bait for something close. It seems odd that we've heard basically nothing on him.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Man was really hoping to see Gleason and Mascherin get a pre-season game or two in. Also surprised Phelan didn't get an AHL contract I thought they really liked him in the prospect tournament?

He has had an AHL contract since the summer.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014

Would have been nice to see them. I’m thinking the rest of the pre season Monty is going to mostly play poeple who are locked to the roster so they can better learn the system and get gelling. Good chance to see who has chemistry. Think at this point Hintz and Guri still have an outside chance at making the team so we’ll see them play.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Starsfansfromqc

Sep 8, 2018
Interresting to see Hintz out there playing with top NHL player. He reminds me Faksa but with more skills set!

Gurianov have a very good camp also. He will be AHL again this year. Breakout season to expect for im in the AHL?

I still think the final roster is set right now. Hintz and Guri will be sent AHL and will be the first call up if needed.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Only cause Seguin isn't playing, but still this will be very interesting to see

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Look at the lineup Minnesota is playing...oof Stars better not lose this game considering this is basically our entire NHL lineup playing

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Pretty awesome and funny story of Rads burrowing the Jersey of a fan for the Tulsa game because his normal one didn't really fit .

Dallas Stars Player Borrows Jersey from Fan, Wears In Game!
Had just recently read as well. What an awesome story he’s got to tell with other hockey fans while at a bar, game, etc. And if they say “no you’re joking that didn’t happen”, he says Google It it’s true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad