Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
What would that end up looking like?

Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Janmark - Spezza - Nichushkin
Pitlick - Faksa - Comeau
Dickinson - Hintz - Shore
Ritchie, Smith, Elie

Of Dickinson, Ritchie, Smith, and Elie I don't really care who stays or who goes. Dickinson had a good game, but it's just one preseason game and he's never really shown too much consistently. Hintz should get a shot and the rest seem likely to be locks. So really it's down to five players battling for two roster spots and two bench spots.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014

Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Pitlick - Faksa - Comeau
Ritchie, Smith, Elie

Of Dickinson, Ritchie, Smith, and Elie I don't really care who stays or who goes. Dickinson had a good game, but it's just one preseason game and he's never really shown too much consistently. Hintz should get a shot and the rest seem likely to be locks. So really it's down to five players battling for two roster spots and two bench spots.

I think this will be it, except Hintz gets assigned to the AHL and one of the scratches comes in. Really wishing we were able to pick up another top six player in the offseason. Janmark is fine on the second line, but a Janmark-Faksa- Comeau would be a fantastic third line.

Hopefully at or before the deadline we add another scorer.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
It sounds like there are conflicting reports of his desire to stay in Ottawa, but Stone's name has been floated around a lot. My only concern is his lack of foot-speed - would that work well with Monty's system?

Regardless, he'd absolutely be an upgrade. Even if he's only here as a rental. Something like Ritchie + Robertson + 2nd/Cond. 1st (with Karlsson's return, this seems close, maybe a bit low...) could maybe do it. Get rid of Elie or Smith, and suddenly everything looks much, much better.

At the same time, though, if Spezza can rebound even to 45-50 points and maybe Pitlick stays healthy for 60+ games, I actually think the roster is pretty good as is. Not a contender, but if everyone has a good year the team could be near the upper echelon of the Western Conference.

The problem is everyone having a good year is unlikely. Monty seems to be meshing well with them and getting them to buy in so far, but we'll see how that actually translates. I don't think we'll really know what we have until 15-20 games into the season, and we just have to hope that by then it isn't too late to make changes if things are going as we'd like.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Mark Stone garners a 1st round pick, easily.

None of this conditional first nonsense. You've gotta give up quality and then get your finances straight because he's going to sign a big ticket next summer.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Mark Stone is shockingly similar to Blake Wheeler, obviously much younger right now.

Major concern is Stone's kating and if that puts constraints on his expiry date.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Even though Stone is slow he’s a defensive god and turn over machine which I think makes him worth it. With Pageau out for most of the season and Duchene likely on his way out they will want a centre coming back.

2019 1st
Shore/Dickinson
Tufte/Caamano
Conditional 2020 1st (if Stone re-signs)

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Even though Stone is slow he’s a defensive god and turn over machine which I think makes him worth it. With Pageau out for most of the season and Duchene likely on his way out they will want a centre coming back.

2019 1st
Shore/Dickinson
Tufte/Caamano
Conditional 2020 1st (if Stone re-signs)

Absolutely, but if/when packaging up nice assets (i.e., 1st + Oettinger) for Stone, concerns of longevity will obviously be voiced.

I'd be real interested in the price difference between Stone and Duchene. Especially since OTT gave up a fortune for Duchene lmao

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Doubt Ottawa trades Stone too soon though . Definitly not before the season starts. After trading Karlsson for scraps i doubt Melnyk wants to completely alienate the last remaining handful of fans by doing the same with Stone. Seriously if they sold Stone and Duchene now for next to nothing there might ónly families of people working in the organisation show up to games to cheer for the Sens.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
If I had to choose I’d probably go with Stone because he’s a bit younger and has a higher PPG. I’d be really happy with either though. Hopefully Nill has a little magic left in him.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Pitlick - Faksa - Comeau
Ritchie, Smith, Elie

I would be happy with this lineup for the time being if we didn't/don't make any trades Not going to happen sadly though Hintz will be sent down. Maybe if he and Dickinson can get some good chemistry going they'll keep him up

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Curious Cats fan here -- How has Mascherin been in camp?

Hasn't really stood out so far . There's a couple of forward prospects who are in front of him that could make the cut that got more attention . Looked decent in the Traverse tourney against other prospects but thats about it i can say.

Will be interesting to see how he does with Texas in the AHL.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Curious Cats fan here -- How has Mascherin been in camp?

Hasn't played in a pre-season game yet but looked pretty good in training camp. Still needs work though he needs to learn when he needs to shoot the puck lol. With that shot of his he shouldn't be passing up on scoring opportunities. Probably just nerves though he will get past that. Hope he has a good year in the AHL

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Hasn't played in a pre-season game yet but looked pretty good in training camp. Still needs work though he needs to learn when he needs to shoot the puck lol. With that shot of his he shouldn't be passing up on scoring opportunities. Probably just nerves though he will get past that. Hope he has a good year in the AHL

It was certainly just nerves because he was a very high volume shooter in the OHL (only beaten out by Jason Robertson last year I believe).

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Lineup for tonight. Hopefully there's a stream somewhere since Minnesota is televising the game. Would be nice to see a game with some of these young guys in a much larger role tonight

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015

Lineup for tonight. Hopefully there's a stream somewhere since Minnesota is televising the game. Would be nice to see a game with some of these young guys in a much larger role tonight

Taken from Minnesota's GDT

Watch: FOX Sports North, FOX Sports GO, FOX Sports App
Listen: KFAN 100.3 FM, Wild Radio Network, Wild NHL App

So I guess there will be streams. Nice to finally see Heiskanen in action.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well at least this games is shown so thats nice. Which FSSW would do this too or least lend out rights to someone for Pre-season.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
His one-timer won't break any records, but it's good enough to find the net :thumbu:

Edit: Ah, they took it away, now he just gets the assist.

Edit again: Nevermind, just changed the assists, he still gets the goal I think.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad