Heiskanen-Klingberg
Lindell-Honka
Bayreuther-Polak

Bishop
Bow

Reactions: LAINEC

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Shouldn't have waited to get tickets lol prices skyrocketed today. Oh well it's worth it I get to see every player that I was interested in seeing.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
I know we're all talking Duchene, but what about someone like an Anders Lee or Brock Nelson?
The Islanders don't benefit in winning now, and maybe the price/value/etc could be better overall.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
New coach wants to know what his boys can do

Not surprised at all
Especially when you look at the bottom 6.

Definitely running a put up or shut up roster. I think if Hintz does really well in these games that they'll keep him up full time regardless of waiver exemption.

They've done nothing but f*** up players development by bouncing them up down just because they're waiver exempt.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I think it's more of getting his top minute guys understanding the new system sooner then later

Yup. Get all of the issues and problems out in pre-season so the players know what to do as far as Monty's system is concerned when meaningful games come along. Also get a taste for line combos and things rather than just going into opening night with no plan

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Haha good Lord. Uncle.

About as close to opening night roster as I've ever seen in an early preseason game. I hope the Stars are gentle.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Can't really blame Monty for wanting to play with his expensive new toys as well. Why wait

Pretty sure the players themselves are also antsy to get into action. I mean every single roster player wanted to participate in the scrimmage as well. Kind of makes you wonder about Hitch last year and how the players felt about his system.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
It's an interesting choice to let the Blues prospects see what it's like to play against a nearly full strength division rival.

However, if your top guys are already practicing at full speed it makes sense to get them in a game earlier. They get sharper sooner and you can always rest them later if they start to show some fatigue. I'm surprised this isn't the standard thing in the preseason tbh.

Robert Kentwood

Sep 11, 2018
The team hasn't played a lot of games in the last two seasons and zero games in 5 months. I'm sure they're antsy.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Thoughts from the 1st period:

Oh my god Heiskanen is impressive defensively, and also did very well quarterbacking the 2nd PP unit with Honka.

Polak + Bayreuther pairing is tough to watch

No one is on the same page but that's probably expected for a lot of guys who haven't played together under a new coaching style

Hintz has been invisible so far

Robertson/Dellandrea have looked good and generated some chances

Honka has looked really good and has been very noticeable out there.

Bishop has been great. Every dman outside of that Polak/Bayreuther pairing has been pretty solid.

Nichushkin looked pretty good and has some opportunities

I'll update again in the 2nd

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Mike Heika is an idiot.

DjEo9QR.jpg

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Reactions: Satan

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Yea better find out what benn, seguin, radulov can do against St. Louis AHL team

I'm very curious, I have no idea.

NCAA coach

New to NHL

Probably still isn't ultra familiar with the squad and what chemistry exists between who

0 goals in first period

Thinking_Face_Emoji.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad