Pre-season thread

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So the Polak-Bayreuther pairing got scored on twice now. Really hope Polak is a scratch most of the year.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
So the Polak-Bayreuther pairing got scored on twice now. Really hope Polak is a scratch most of the year.

Exactly what I was thinking. And both of the goals have been 100% on them. Just horrible to watch. Hope Monty is taking notes. Both of the other d-pairings have been really good for the most part.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
2nd period update:

Polak-Bayreuther continue to singlehandedly destroy the Stars

No one on the Stars can complete a pass

Did I mention how bad Polak has been?

Stars 1st PP unit just refuses to shoot the puck

Only time Polak looked decent is when Heiskanen played with him for about 20 seconds

Just about all of the forwards looked invisible outside of Radulov and Janmark, and Caamano has actually been pretty good. Honorable mentions: Dickinson, Dellandrea, Spezza, Nichushkin have all looked okay to decent

Still though, no one is on the same page

Last edited:
Reactions: EverybodyLovesRay

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Well Stars win 5-3

Heiskanen picked up a secondary assist on that Radulov empty netter and continued to look good in the 3rd. Not everyday you see a young dman as calm as he is. Even calmer than most of the veteran dmen out there

Nichushkin had a very good 3rd period and a gorgeous assist after a good defensive play on the Spezza goal (which was nice as well).

Dickinson and Hintz both had a very good 3rd period too.

At times in the 3rd period you could really see that "relentless" style of play Monty was talking about. Was a blast to watch

Highlights from the Stars twitter will be posted soon

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Well Stars win 5-3

Heiskanen picked up a secondary assist on that Radulov empty netter and continued to look good in the 3rd. Not everyday you see a young dman as calm as he is. Even calmer than most of the veteran dmen out there

Nichushkin had a very good 3rd period and a gorgeous assist after a good defensive play on the Spezza goal (which was nice as well).

Dickinson and Hintz both had a very good 3rd period too.

At times in the 3rd period you could really see that "relentless" style of play Monty was talking about. Was a blast to watch

Highlights from the Stars twitter will be posted soon

Good job on the updates. Thanks man!

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Good job on the updates. Thanks man!

No problem. I enjoyed doing them, especially since intermission was incredibly boring lol figured I'd do something sorta productive. On top of that it's so frustrating that they don't stream the games or anything so you really never get a chance to see or hear about how the prospects do unless you go to the game

Starsfansfromqc

Sep 8, 2018
Well it's only one pre-season game but if Spezza and Nuke can find some chemestry together like yesterday that's gonna be huge for us this year. If they can produce and be effective on the second line with Janmark we have pretty good chance of making the playoffs :)

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Yeah the Stars are gonna live and die by their second line this year. Spezza and whoever the wingers end up being need to produce consistently.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
NHL.com has some highlights. I like that little short pass from Nichushkin to Spezza on his goal. I liked the dance Miro did on Trevor Smith. I also liked Dickinson's rush down the wing on the Hintz goal.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Robertson was in the first round of cuts for training camp. he's already on his way back to the OHL

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Pretty sure only the guys who go to Texas if they don't make the NHL roster have a real shot. Also players with unusual numbers are often a giveaway that they aren't really expected to make the team ( unless of course they actually want an unusual number by choice )

Last edited:

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
NHL.com has some highlights. I like that little short pass from Nichushkin to Spezza on his goal. I liked the dance Miro did on Trevor Smith. I also liked Dickinson's rush down the wing on the Hintz goal.

Yeah that set up was nice by Nuke. Nice patience. Let's hope there's more of that this year

Dickinson's rush was also nice. Hintz and Dickinson imo would be better then Ellie and Ritchie on the 4th line. Throw Shore or Smith in there and wouldn't be a bad line

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah that set up was nice by Nuke. Nice patience. Let's hope there's more of that this year

Dickinson's rush was also nice. Hintz and Dickinson imo would be better then Ellie and Ritchie on the 4th line. Throw Shore or Smith in there and wouldn't be a bad line

Would be a way better 4th line. Dickinson looked like a 2nd liner at times yesterday and his release on his shot is wicked and fast. Could've had a couple of goals + he made some great defensive plays. He and as Hintz would be way more dangerous of a 4th line than Elie/Ritchie/whoever plays center

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad