GDT: Pre-Season LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @1:00pm 10/7/23

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
It doesn't matter.

If you the Kings are good or bad, you wouldn't be able to tell by preseason play.

I have my concerns, but they have really been affected by anything in preseason.

Pretty much, and how a team “looks” is just a way for fans to justify opinions that don’t match results. Shit who would trust 90% of the board and what they “see”.

Reactions: Herby and johnjm22

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Pretty much, and how a team “looks” is just a way for fans to justify opinions that don’t match results. Shit who would trust 90% of the board and what they “see”.
You dont think tonights game looked a lot like last season against the better teams? Good offense and strong 1st period. Slower second and third. Take penalties they cant kill. Crumble a little when things get more physical. If you wanna talk about results tonight was almost a mirror performance of their breaking point in the playoffs last year.
There is plenty of time for them to work on it but this is right where they left off.

Reactions: Seattle King

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I can't believe Blake has put this franchise in a situation with this goaltending and zero cap space
It takes Vision for a rebuild the right way Blake had no idea what the hell he was doing...the Draft choices have mostly fallen on their faces and Team Development has not done well so...Fire the Whole lot come the New year when/if we are faltering and not looking like much
Is that like cow tipping?
Never seen a Cow Tipping does it hurt?

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Have the Zamboni guy tow a badly used porta-pottie onto the ice and place it in the Kings crease. Then soak it in petrol and set it alight.

I feel this is a workable solution and would upgrade the Kings goaltending significantly.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I like how some of you write off the preseason as if the Kings suddenly get up for games. This isn’t the Lombardi team. You guys are in fantasy land. Under Blake the team you see is the team you get. It happened for years from pre-season to the regular season and from regular season to post season.

The Kings of old had that reputation. Don’t know why you guys grant the same pass for a completely different team that has consistently maintained the same trend for years.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
It takes Vision for a rebuild the right way Blake had no idea what the hell he was doing...the Draft choices have mostly fallen on their faces and Team Development has not done well so...Fire the Whole lot come the New year when/if we are faltering and not looking like much
Past two seasons say the team will not be faltering come Jan 1st…so you’ve already carved out the blame for if that did happen, who you gonna credit if it’s the opposite?

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Worry about it in a regular season game, not a the last preseason game.

I wouldn't care about pre season as well but those are exactly the numbers those guys got at the Oilers series and showing exactly the same before a new season against a half decent team isn't exactly encouraging

Reactions: Sol

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Only he can save us.

budaj9.jpg

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
We've been watching hockey for decades.

And some of us are still getting upset about pre-season games that mean absolutory nothing.

There's no correlation between winning games in the pre-season and regular season success.

Why does it matter if Danault is -4 for example? He's supposed to be cruising. Going through the motions. This is a warm up.

Last years President's Trophy winner was 2-2-2 in preseason. The Stanley Cup winner was 2-3-1. Who gives a shit?
Go ask McLellan and the Kings how meaningless this game is and ask if how they played today doesn't matter.

Just because it "doesn't count" doesn't mean it doesn't matter. The veterans have their jobs lined up and the Kings can't even afford to scratch an underachiever this season.

Reactions: Sol

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Same bunch that will fight tooth and nail to argue how the regular season doesn’t mean shit and it’s playoff wins or bust are the EXACT same guys who are now telling us that losing two games in the preseason has sealed our fate.

You can’t make this shit up.

Reactions: Frolov 6'3

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Go ask McLellan and the Kings how meaningless this game is and ask if how they played today doesn't matter.

Just because it "doesn't count" doesn't mean it doesn't matter. The veterans have their jobs lined up and the Kings can't even afford to scratch an underachiever this season.
McLellan is going to give the PC answer.

It's about warming up, not trying to win. The last thing we should want is vets going hard and risking injury and wasting energy.

Guys fighting for contested spots are a bit different.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

It's about warming up, not trying to win. The last thing we should want is vets going hard and risking injury and wasting energy.

You clearly didn't see the behind the scenes where McLellan was yelling at the team in between periods in Australia.

The last thing I want is vets taking it easy because they have a guaranteed spot. Especially when players like Laferriere played his heart out to make the roster and is making less than 10% of his potential salary because Blake couldn't manage the cap.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Tbh, the results today are exactly what is expected from this current roster, and there is a certain level of comfort in that at least.

I’ll be curious to see what sort of ransom Blake pays to address the issues at hand, and which pieces go down the road to make salary work, or if he goes down with the ship.

Certainly going to be an interesting season.

bland

Jul 1, 2004

The results are inconsequential. The style of play, the ramifications of the cap problem, the goaltending problem, all those things ARE indicative of what to expect. They weren't randomly shuffling things, they weren't trying anything out, today is everything you can plan to see going forward.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
You clearly didn't see the behind the scenes where McLellan was yelling at the team in between periods in Australia.

The last thing I want is vets taking it easy because they have a guaranteed spot. Especially when players like Laferriere played his heart out to make the roster and is making less than 10% of his potential salary because Blake couldn't manage the cap.
I respect your opinion and all, but I just don't agree at all. I've seen a million pre seasons and its never mattered.

I'm not saying guys shouldn't care, but it's a totally different animal than a real game. This is the time to focus on getting back into the flow of things. Not trying to win.

We're talkin about practice.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I respect your opinion and all, but I just don't agree at all. I've seen a million pre seasons and its never mattered.

I'm not saying guys shouldn't care, but it's a totally different animal than a real game. This is the time to focus on getting back into the flow of things. Not trying to win.

They better keep practicing the penalty kill and hope a few practices turns one of our goalies into a league-average starter.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I just put in an extra order of popcorn in for when the Kings don’t go 2-0 to start the season….epic meltdown incoming.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021

Talkin about practice does not absolve the organization of the style of play & accompanying roster that they are bringing to the table.

This is exactly what kind of hockey a team like this can be expected to play. Sometimes to spectacular victory, but always to bitter defeat when the games tighten up & the little things really matter.

I just put in an extra order of popcorn in for when the Kings don’t go 2-0 to start the season….epic meltdown incoming.
Congratulations. Nobody gives a shit.

Reactions: ibleedkings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad