GDT: Pre-Season LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @1:00pm 10/7/23

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Final pre-season game today against the Knights @1:00pm .

With Clarke, Laferriere and Turcotte sent down, Grundstrom, JAD and Spence slots in.

Broadcast: Bally Sports West
Radio Broadcast: I Heart Radio

Full GDTs will resume next week when the regular starts up again

Reactions: King'sPawn

Brownie to Pancakes

Jul 1, 2012
CA
Grundy and Fiala on the same line, how many momentum killing o zone penalties do we see today

Edit: oops it's JAD not grundstrom nvm

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Isn't this lineup over the cap?

Byfield-Kopitar-Kempe
Fiala-PLD-Grundstrom
Moore-Danault-Arvidsson
JAD-Lizotte-Lewis
Kaliyev

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Roy
Englund-Spence
Bjornfot

Talbot
Copely

Cap space: -608K

They can't keep Spence up for the first two games without waiving someone.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
I’d bet my bottom dollar on Toby being sent down for the duration of Kalyiev’s suspension, for the simple reason of being cap compliant. Because at this point, why not risk Toby being claimed, just icing on the cake of mismanagement.

Arty comes back, and assuredly JAD gets waived, before toby comes back up. Just going to hope for an injury free two games, else they end up running a short roster 2 f***ing games into the season.

It’s a cluster f***, but the timing of that JAD waive could lessen the chance of a claim. Who knows man, but it’s certainly an un-forced shit show.

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Isn't this lineup over the cap?

Byfield-Kopitar-Kempe
Fiala-PLD-Grundstrom
Moore-Danault-Arvidsson
JAD-Lizotte-Lewis
Kaliyev

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Roy
Englund-Spence
Bjornfot

Talbot
Copely

Cap space: -608K

They can't keep Spence up for the first two games without waiving someone.
It is. They have to keep a 21-man roster in pretty much any iteration.

Even if they waived and sent down a bigger contract, it only gives about $1.2 million of cap relief. And anyone they call up in their stead will eat up more than half of that.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I’d bet my bottom dollar on Toby being sent down for the duration of Kalyiev’s suspension, for the simple reason of being cap compliant. Because at this point, why not risk Toby being claimed, just icing on the cake of mismanagement.

Arty comes back, and assuredly JAD gets waived, before toby comes back up. Just going to hope for an injury free two games, else they end up running a short roster 2 f***ing games into the season.

It’s a cluster f***, but the timing of that JAD waive could lessen the chance of a claim. Who knows man, but it’s certainly an un-forced shit show.
I think they'll send Spence down, and have Bjornfot play on his offside for the first two games.

Also, you never know, there might be a minor trade in the works.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
I mean, you HAVE to ensure that something as meager as a 2 game suspension for a low-salary player doesn’t have such an effect on icing a cap compliant roster.

Yet, here we are.
How do emergency recalls work? Play a game short handed & you can emergency recall for the next one?

Edit: who was the last player Emergency Recalled to the King's?

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Waive Just a Dude .. prob wont get claimed and if he does, hardly a loss. Would be nice to have a slot for guys w more upside like Turcotte

Reactions: ru4reals

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
You HAVE to waive JAD before Bjornfot

Agreed. Even if neither amount to much, the fourth line forward needs to get waived before the potential third pairing defenseman.

The f***ed up thing is that we don’t even really know what JAD can do because he hasn’t been given much of a chance. He’s played fewer games (96) than Byfield (99).

(He’s also scored 14 goals to Byfield’s 8, but we won’t talk about that…)

Reactions: tny760

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I mean, you HAVE to ensure that something as meager as a 2 game suspension for a low-salary player doesn’t have such an effect on icing a cap compliant roster.

Yet, here we are.
It was going to happen regardless of the suspension or not.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
How do emergency recalls work? Play a game short handed & you can emergency recall for the next one?

Edit: who was the last player Emergency Recalled to the King's?
Only applies to after the trade deadline, the team has fewer than 12 forwards, 6 defense, and 2 goalies who are heathy, and the team has used up all of their roster movements (as they are limited after the trade deadline). The player also has to be sent down immediatey after the game

Unfortunately there's no emergency button for cap incompetence for the bulk of the season.

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
Well, that’s a relief.

Certainly points to AD hitting the waiver wire, and then wisely protecting Toby.

Color me shocked.
Blake and his management is just tossing assets out the window. Not saying JAD is a legit top 6 potential guy but he definitely is a bottom 6 NHL talent.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad