GDT: Pre-Season Kings @ Ducks - 09/25/15 @ 7:00 PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Knowing full well this is only one preseason game and not indicative of anything major I'd grade the team like this

Kesler A+ comedy
Rakell: A+
Bieksa: A
Fowler: A
Noesen: A-
Friberg: A-
Andersen: B+
Manson: B+
Sekac: B
Getzlaf: B
Horcoff: B
Maroon: B-
Stewart: C+
Ritchie: C
Jackman: C-
Kerdiles: D+
Cramarossa: D
Megna: D
Vatanen: D-
O'Brien: D-

Just random notes:

Kerdiles did not play the kind of game I've come to expect from him. He usually plays with tenacity and intensity. He looked timid and lost out there and as a fan of his it was a big let down.

Getzlaf looks completely healthy and ready to go

Bieksa and Horcoff seem to me like the kind of guys that will add a veteran presence and leadership to this team. Very encouraging overall.

Vatanen was just awful tonight. That can't be stressed enough, that even though it's only preseason and he could just as easily turn it around, it is a bit worrisome

I think overall Manson IS better than Stoner. He's a Beauchemin lite IMO with a little more emphasis on jumping up on the play offensively. That said, someone needs to work with him on not getting caught too much cheating up high. It's not good for him. it's the biggest thing detracting from an otherwise solid game.

Sekac didn't blow me away as much as the game went on, it seemed almost like he realized the stakes weren't actually high in the game and he hung back. However, I do think he can be a difference maker and he made a good case to be a regular tonight.

Watching Noesen it really is just a shame that he missed as much development time as he did because he's such a smart player and he does have the physical tools for this game, I just think he's a little behind in seasoning.

Ritchie isn't quite there yet in my opinion. He honestly met my expectation 100% of what he'd be. In that we'd see flashes of the type of player who should go top 10, but needs some experience. His conditioning was good and he made a couple creative plays. But the people expecting that he could come in and fit in with Getzlaf and Perry, are in my opinion a touch off base.

Horcoff was interesting because at times his game was real sloppy, but then others his experience really shone through and he looked like a more than decent bottom 6 option.

Speaking of bottom 6 options, I know he didn't play much but in the little I saw of Jackman he just looked like a mess.

Rakell overall looks to have greatly matured his game. Everyone pumping his tires is justified in doing so. I just have one reservation and that is, that he didn't necessarily show that he's added FINISH to his game. Same deal with Sekac. I expect both to be great puck possessors and difference makers but I don't know to what extent yet.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Noesen was part of the Ryan trade, right? Kid looks like he was never hurt. Very solid. What an absolute fleecing that's starting to seem.

And Manson impresses me every time I see him.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Noesen was part of the Ryan trade, right? Kid looks like he was never hurt. Very solid. What an absolute fleecing that's starting to seem.

And Manson impresses me every time I see him.

That's what irritates me. Because I think that the injuries held back an even better player than this. I could be wrong on that count, and probably am. But I see something in his game that gives this vibe of a top 6 winger and I think he can get there...but it feels almost like if he had gotten all those games and missed workouts back he might've been there by now.

I do get the feeling that he'll be one of the last cuts. He had a really impressive showing tonight.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
just echoing a lot of the sentiments tonight.

noesen/rakell/bieksa/fowler were studly
manson was pretty good as was sekac
i liked stewarts game. if he could up his consistency from shift to shift i could see him being the LW for getz n perrs if he does indeed play LW. if not i think he'd be a great fit beside raks. his distribution skills surprised me
i thought andersen played pretty good as well. he seemed alert and was actually there for the lewis goal, i think he expected a better shot and it ended up sneaking by him.

vats was GOD GOD GOD AWFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. holy crap who is that guy. our PP was also pretty putrid but thats to be expected i suppose.
i liked what i saw from horcoff. could definitely be a 4th line C or LW.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Good to hear Bieksa and Fowler looked good. We're going to need that. Maybe we'll see more of Manson in the regular season.

ChaseANA

Apr 12, 2015
Bieksa/Fowler were exceptional. I think Bieksa eclipsed 25 minutes played tonight, which I definitely did not expect.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
If he's retained as the 7th defenseman I can absolutely see him playing Stoner out of a job.

I understand that thinking, but I'd rather he be playing 20+ minutes a night on the top pairing with top special teams duties in SD then sitting in the pressbox with the big club.

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
I know it's preseason but LA looks nothing like a Stanley Cup contending team. I think Lewis was the one who scored their goal but he had three other golden chances that he squandered. Based on what they looked like last year and what their roster looks like this year, I think their window might be pretty much shut at this point.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Ah Kings board already in regular season form. Jackman receives stitches & is held out of the rest of the game but he was faking it. 4 minutes for nothing I tell you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad