GDT: Pre-Season Kings @ Ducks - 09/25/15 @ 7:00 PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
Suprised no one is mentioning friberg he was awesome he battles for a small guy
From what I saw: Noesen, Fowler, Manson, Rakell and Bieksa were the most impressive. I was pleasantly surprised from what I saw of Friberg, as well. Vatanen was beyond terrible today. Everyone else was middling, in my view.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
That's what irritates me. Because I think that the injuries held back an even better player than this. I could be wrong on that count, and probably am. But I see something in his game that gives this vibe of a top 6 winger and I think he can get there...but it feels almost like if he had gotten all those games and missed workouts back he might've been there by now.

I do get the feeling that he'll be one of the last cuts. He had a really impressive showing tonight.

I'm glad the kids is being successful. Don't really know if he is going to push into the Ducks lineup, and honestly if he is doing well in the AHL he might be better suited in Winnipeg or somewhere with some more open room.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
That's what irritates me. Because I think that the injuries held back an even better player than this. I could be wrong on that count, and probably am. But I see something in his game that gives this vibe of a top 6 winger and I think he can get there...but it feels almost like if he had gotten all those games and missed workouts back he might've been there by now.

I do get the feeling that he'll be one of the last cuts. He had a really impressive showing tonight.

Just wondering if you could elaborate on your point about Manson being caught "cheating up high". Which zone of the ice are we talking about, or do you just find him getting caught above the puck in general?

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Just wondering if you could elaborate on your point about Manson being caught "cheating up high". Which zone of the ice are we talking about, or do you just find him getting caught above the puck in general?

I will for him, he is trying to do to much, He trys to keep pucks in when its best to retreat and defend the play. He puts himself out of position. He needs to understand the timing of his pinches, It will take time, but he will adapt.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I will for him, he is trying to do to much, He trys to keep pucks in when its best to retreat and defend the play. He puts himself out of position. He needs to understand the timing of his pinches, It will take time, but he will adapt.

Last season yes, haven't seen that yet this year in camp scrimmages and tonight.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Guys I focused on:

Sekac - Real nice player he is. Think he could be this years Silfverberg. Great passer

Rakell - Stronger than last year, looking to shoot the puck, etc. Excited about him

Noesen - Got some hands, nice showing tonight...should do very well in San Diego this year

Kerdiles - Embarrassingly bad. Needs to start figuring his **** out as he is getting passed on the depth chart

Ritchie - solid but not spectacular. Had a couple nice plays where he protected the puck well and made a nice pass but nothing gamebreaking

Megna - career AHLer. Just awful with the puck

Andersen - all business, very nice performance

btw, Lucic looked horrendous for the Kings. I know it's preseason but he was bad last year for the Bruins too. I wonder if he's going to be one of those quickly declining players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad