Post-Game Talk: Pre-Season GM 7: Canucks 5 @ Edmonton 2 - Cracknell the Defender Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
IMO, it's less tragic that we lost Kassian than that the return was Prust. ANYONE useful would've been better. Oh well. Prust can mentor a beer from the press box.

We didn't lose much in Kassian, I'll be surprised if he sticks with the Habs.

bsjezz

Nov 28, 2011
IMO, it's less tragic that we lost Kassian than that the return was Prust. ANYONE useful would've been better. Oh well. Prust can mentor a beer from the press box.

i dunno. i was always a big fan of kassian, but the air feels... clearer with out him, somehow. i still think benning's idea was less about getting a return from kassian than it was just getting rid of him in the knowledge that there'd be a big push from new youth this year

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen
Burrows - McCann - Hansen
Higgins - Sutter - Dorsett
Prust

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Weber
Bartkowski - Hutton
Sbisa
Corrado

Markstrom
Miller

Would be nice to see. Would be interesting to see both Sbisa and Prust as healthy scratches though, not sure we see that along with 4m Sutter on the 4th line, though I'd give them equal minutes with the 3rd so I guess they could be considered the 3rd line.

medhatcanuck

Jul 8, 2010
Inside JayZ's Belly
were any of baertschi's assists actually any good? i didn't notice any of them.

None of the goals occurred because of Baertschi, but 2/4 assists were smart nice passes by Baertschi

Assist 1 - 2nd Assist, but smart play to bank it off the end boards for Virtanen who was charging ahead. So yes good assist.

Assist 2 - Primary assist, but this is mainly on Hutton being Hutton.

Assist 3 - Similar to Assist 2

Assist 4 - nice neutral zone cross ice to Virtanen.

come to think of it, I like how Baertschi uses Virtanen.

And we knew stylistically that Virtanen and Horvat would work.

I hope to god we can see Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen more.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
i dunno. i was always a big fan of kassian, but the air feels... clearer with out him, somehow. i still think benning's idea was less about getting a return from kassian than it was just getting rid of him in the knowledge that there'd be a big push from new youth this year

good thing we traded kassian for air, man it would really suck if we got a player back that would block that big push from new youth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad