Post-Game Talk: Pre-Season GM 1: Canucks def. Sharks - 1-0 (OT, Cracknell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

WHEN: Monday, September 21st, 7:30PM PST
WHERE: Q Centre (Bear Mountain Arena), Colwood, B.C.
TV: Sportsnet One
RADIO: TSN1040

large.png
vs.
large.png

Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup :

Baertschi - Sutter - Vrbata
Higgins - Horvat - Hansen
Gaunce - Cracknell - Grenier
Kurtz - Jones - Jensen

Edler - Tanev
Bartkowski - Sbisa
Hutton - Biega

Markstrom

San Jose Sharks' Starting Lineup:

Hertl - Tierney - Wingels
Nieto - Smith - Goodrow
Goldobin - Carpenter - Meier
Sadowy - Lerg - Brown

Dillon - Tennyson
Mueller - DeMello
Young - Roy

Grosenick

Last edited:

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
It's in Victoria at the Q Centre. It's part of the whole Kraft Hockeyville thing.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Nevermind. Just realized this is the Hockeyville game being played on the Island - whoops! For some of the guys trying to make the team, this has been a heck of a BC-wide tour for them. From Penticton, to Prince George, to the Island.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I was quite upset to find out they didn't sell tickets for this game. Gave them away by lottery.

I think it's good that they're giving them away, and that they're not trying to make a profit off of them. People from the Island have to pay a lot more to attend a Canucks game than people in Vancouver, so it's a nice gesture to them.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I think it's good that they're giving them away, and that they're not trying to make a profit off of them. People from the Island have to pay a lot more to attend a Canucks game than people in Vancouver, so it's a nice gesture to them.

I think they just gave them to sponsors of the arena, lottery style.

And damnit I wanted to go, surely you would have thought someone would have sold a ticket on Craigslist but noooooo. Stupid capitalism fails.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I was quite upset to find out they didn't sell tickets for this game. Gave them away by lottery.

Made it FAIR as possible for the residents of the Kraft Hockeyville community? Not intended to be a game for the Vancouver, most traveled, faithful to buy tickets and shut out the locals who won the right to a game in their house.

If it's your house you simply lost in the effort to be fair, but your chance was equal.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Made it FAIR as possible for the residents of the Kraft Hockeyville community? Not intended to be a game for the Vancouver, most traveled, faithful to buy tickets and shut out the locals who won the right to a game in their house.

If it's your house you simply lost in the effort to be fair, but your chance was equal.

... Dude I live in Victoria. I have spent egregious sums of money to go see games in Vancouver for the last 4 seasons.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I think they just gave them to sponsors of the arena, lottery style.

And damnit I wanted to go, surely you would have thought someone would have sold a ticket on Craigslist but noooooo. Stupid capitalism fails.

Hmm if that's the case then that blows.

Ah well, not like it'll be that good of a game this early in pre-season. Would be nice to see some of the young kids but we don't even know the lineup yet.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Hmm if that's the case then that blows.

Ah well, not like it'll be that good of a game this early in pre-season. Would be nice to see some of the young kids but we don't even know the lineup yet.

Yeah, Q Centre is pretty small so it's not like there were a ton to give away anyhow.

I'm not actually mad, just sad because stuff like this never happens here.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Two of our four forward lines and two of our 3 D-Pairings dressing tonight. Cool.

Most interested to see: Baertschi, Sutter, Horvat, Gaunce, Bartkowski, Hutton and Markstrom.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
jesus ****ing christ they're actually starting with baertschi-sutter-vrbata

If they weren't acquiring Sutter for the 3rd line spot, they shouldn't have acquired him at all. While the argument can be made for Sutter as a 3c in a shutdown role, he certainly isn't better for the 2c spot than Bonino. I would have loved to see Baertschi setting up Bonino and Vrbata. Sutter can supposedly shoot the puck, at least.

Oh well, I expect Higgins Horvat and Hansen will be fun to watch together as well.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
jesus ****ing christ they're actually starting with baertschi-sutter-vrbata

It's just so backwards.

They pick up a defensive 'matchup' center ... and play him with two offensive wingers who should be getting massive o-zone starts.

They claim they don't want to rush Horvat's defensive responsibility ... but put him with two checking wingers on what is clearly a #3 checking line.

They claim they made the trade to 'ease the pressure on Horvat offensively' ... but in fact the player they picked up is worse offensively than the one they traded away.

I get that this is only the first preseason game and could change ... but based on everything from the organization over the past two months, this is the plan. Sutter as the #2 center. Hopefully it dies very quickly.

Can't wait to see Sbisa-Bartkowski. Will be entertaining if nothing else.

Not many good prospects dressed for this. Looking forward to seeing Grenier and Hutton. Poor Jensen on the 4th line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad