Post-Game Talk: Pre-Season GM 1: Canucks def. Sharks - 1-0 (OT, Cracknell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Higgins seen with a walking boot today.

ROSTER SPOT!

But seriously that sucks. Best time of year for it to happen to him tho.

And opportunity knocks!

Quick make your Higgins-free mock rosters now!

Sedin-Sedin-Kenins (imagining that it works)
Burrows-Sutter-Vrbata
Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen/Hansen
Prust-Vey-Dorsett

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Yikes. So far off to a giod start.

I guess gaunce is getting 9 games.

While he may or may not get 9 games, the "9 games issue" does not pertain to Gaunce at this point. He's on a 2-way professional contract and not going to junior. The number of games he plays at the NHL/AHL level have no bearing on his contract status.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
While he may or may not get 9 games, the "9 games issue" does not pertain to Gaunce at this point. He's on a 2-way professional contract and not going to junior. The number of games he plays at the NHL/AHL level have no bearing on his contract status.
I did not know that. Thanks

arsmaster*

Don't think it does Jack all for Gaunce anyways.....the red carpets been rolled out for the shiny new one....Jake Virtanen.

Which is nice. Crappy for Higgins, but good for Kenins and likely Virtanen....really hope this just doesn't mean Prust slots up a line and Kenins plays on the 4th, but we shall see.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
ROSTER SPOT!

But seriously that sucks. Best time of year for it to happen to him tho.

And opportunity knocks!

I really do like higgins. But im not really that upset he'll be out.
Good time to see the prospects.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Assuming Higgins has a stress fracture - which is completely unknown atm

I really do like higgins. But im not really that upset he'll be out.
Good time to see the prospects.

Agreed. We are a weaker team without him. But opportunity knocks for a youngen to get some ice... as well as force the coaching staff to mix up the lines before they were ready to...

i.e. no more Triple H line...

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
It's a real shame Prust is on this team. Would have preferred losing Kassian for nothing and keep our pick. He's blocking at least one of Kenins, Virtanen or Gaunce from making the team, all of which are more important to our future than a 32 year old fighter.

Assuming Horvat is cemented in the 3rd line with no chance of moving up to 2nd, I wouldn't mind seeing Gaunce on his left with Hansen on the other side. I think they would be a good fit together.

Not sure where Jake fits on this roster. Maybe with Vey on the 4th line, someone who can get him the puck and then won't see it for the rest of the shift.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Don't think it does Jack all for Gaunce anyways.....the red carpets been rolled out for the shiny new one....Jake Virtanen.

Which is nice. Crappy for Higgins, but good for Kenins and likely Virtanen....really hope this just doesn't mean Prust slots up a line and Kenins plays on the 4th, but we shall see.

Gaunce/Kenins/Virtanen/Grenier were all battling for the final 2 forward spots and now we could see 3 of them make it and one of them could get 3rd line icetime.

Virtanen and Hansen flanking Horvat is something I want to see. Gaunce and Grenier can fill that LW slot too.

I liked how Grenier and Gaunce played last night. Both were making good plays and had offensive opportunities.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Sucks to hear about Higgins, hope it isn't too serious.

Would hope that Kenins has the inside track for the spot next to Horvat and Hansen so they can recreate some of their last season magic.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
What Linden said again.

I know virtanen is the shiny new toy but kenins should be the clear favourite to slot in beside horvat.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Welcome to the NHL Jake Virtanen.

Based on his play at the Young Stars tourney, I think he already has the inside track. But, like Horvat, he's going to have to prove he can play defensively if he wants to stick beyond the first 9 games.
The pre-season just got real interesting!

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Ideally Virtanen gets alittle time with the Sedins tonight as well.

While it would be interesting to see I guess I don't see the point of it. Virtanen's style of game doesn't suit the Sedin cycle and Virtanen is auditioning for a bottom 6 grinders role, so I don't know why they would want to use up one of the limited opportunities to evaluate him against NHLers to play him with the Sedins.

Mofletz

Aug 28, 2006
I hope Bo will be giving top 6 linemates. I want him to play with vrbata, Bart.. LOL thats the only top 6 forwards i think this team has besides the Twins.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

Dorsett to 3rd line LW, Virtanen to 4RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad