GDT: Pre-Season game 8 - Sharks @ Coyotes - 7PM - Live Streamed!

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Back from the offseason eh? You've been fairly quiet :P

Ugh, tell me about it. Been busy beyond all comprehension these past few months. Have barely had anytime to keep with hockey even (lolwut). In fact, I'm actually in Dallas right now, and am only keeping up on this game by checking boxscores on my phone.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
We must have the most PKs in the league so far. They have got to stop this ****.

Smith looks fantastic.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
The Sharks should be up by 2 or 3 goals really. Coyotes played reasonably well in the middle of the first through most of the 2nd but the Sharks had really poor passing in the first and are probably too busy thinking about what nightclub they are going to during all these PPs.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Random Thoughts:

If the Coyotes are serious that Chychrun has a chance to make the roster I don't know how they can justify not giving him 9.

Strome, deployed properly I think will be okay developing at the NHL level. Unlike Domi/Duclair last year though, if he makes the team you will not hear me groaning about him being heavily sheltered in spots.

Agreed with the sentiment that Murphy has arrived.

Smith has been the good version of Smith so far. Not the godlike 2012 version but the one that's slightly above average with an occasional deflating goal.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
World Championships was Murphys coming out party. He looked great there and it is carrying over

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Unfortunately didn't catch the game but my two thoughts:

Put Domi and Duclair together. Boggles my mind. Enough with being perverse and just embrace the speed and talent. Putting them on separate lines does not evenly distribute scoring, it takes away some goals because their combined ability to exploit opponents with skill and talent is not as potent our middle six.

Trade Stone. Some Canadian team will bite. Even if Deangelo isn't an immediate solutions we'll get someone who's serviceable on waivers.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Near the end I heard Heeter calling out a forward line with DeAngelo on it. Then he and Boynts got off on forgetting there were 7 D dressed tonight but did DeAngelo get put out there at forward briefly?

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Near the end I heard Heeter calling out a forward line with DeAngelo on it. Then he and Boynts got off on forgetting there were 7 D dressed tonight but did DeAngelo get put out there at forward briefly?
He had several shifts at wing.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
My thoughts on the game -

Chychrun made some ME's that will bother Tippett. I hope he stays, but watching him today, I don't know if Tip will tolerate defensive end flubs like the two glaring ones I saw.

DeAngelo, on the other hand, needs to be on the roster. He may start as 3rd RHD but don't be surprised if he is used interchangeably at 1 or 2 by the end of the year. He has jets, a very good shot, and plays well in his own end.

Fischer played well enough, but not well enough to make a case for staying up. Same for Crouse, but Tip and Chayka might fall in love with his size and speed. It's a rare combination.

Dauphin played a solid game. Not enough to confuse anyone that he might have the offensive skill of Strome, but he is much faster. It will be interesting to see which of the 3 stay on the roster. I'm hoping all 3.

Goligoski needs to get his ass in gear. He is better than this. He's taking penalties because he isn't in position.

Domi and Duke had quiet games, IMO. No gaffes, but no brilliance.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Random Thoughts:

If the Coyotes are serious that Chychrun has a chance to make the roster I don't know how they can justify not giving him 9.

Strome, deployed properly I think will be okay developing at the NHL level. Unlike Domi/Duclair last year though, if he makes the team you will not hear me groaning about him being heavily sheltered in spots.

Agreed with the sentiment that Murphy has arrived.

Smith has been the good version of Smith so far. Not the godlike 2012 version but the one that's slightly above average with an occasional deflating goal.

People are going to kill me for saying it, but Strome is not ready. I don't know what would be best for him. I guess staying, but he isn't ready for top-six right now.

I agree that Murphy looks really really good right now. Maybe a few around here will buy in at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad