GDT: Pre-Season game 8 - Sharks @ Coyotes - 7PM - Live Streamed!

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Man, I really hope DeAngelo is there on opening night. He's had a very good pre-season.

Could be good for the PP. He's like Rundblad with ya know effort and physical tools.

EDIT: Murphy's getting smarter with his shots.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Just for clarification, this is pretty much the Sharks minus Ward right?

From their camp thread:
Hertl-Thornton-Pavelski
Boedker-Couture-Donskoi
Marleau-Tierney-Karlsson
Nieto-Wingels-Haley

Vlasic-Braun
Martin-Burns
Dillon-Schlemko

Yeah that's a pretty good lineup. But that's exactly why they may be in DGAF mode. Late Pre-season game on the road for a team that made the final? Pure tuneup.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
From their camp thread:
Hertl-Thornton-Pavelski
Boedker-Couture-Donskoi
Marleau-Tierney-Karlsson
Nieto-Wingels-Haley

Vlasic-Braun
Martin-Burns
Dillon-Schlemko

Yeah that's a pretty good lineup. But that's exactly why they may be in DGAF mode. Late Pre-season game on the road for a team that made the final? Pure tuneup.

Thornton definitely looks like he's debating what to have for a snack after the game.

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
I really hope we trade one of our defensemen. I never thought I'd say that all this defensive depth is annoying.

Murphy, Stone, Schenn, Michalek and DeAngelo on the right side. That wasn't in any particular order but each has merit to make the team.

The odd mean out to me seems like Michalek. He won't be resigned next year, Schenn is here for 2 years and doubt he'll be grabbed by Vegas with one year left on his contract. Seems like a waste, they need some stability in the first few years.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Hope the Coyotes stick with the more aggressive PK they showed earlier in the pre-season compared to what we've seen the last few games. But they probably won't.

cactus shake

Oct 22, 2013
Seeing #2 and #17 gives me nightmares of Grossmann and Downie.
Was going to say Schenn wearing no. 2 almost makes it feel like Grossmann never left. Hopefully he plays nowhere near as many games. I'm glacially late on the DeAngelo to start the year bandwagon.

Sharks should walk the division this year.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I took DeAngelo in my hockeypool last night. Stone will be moved.

I agree he's getting moved, 1 year deal and all. But I'd expect some prove it games to see if he's healthy. More difficult still in that he's had a very limited camp.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Good shift Domi/Strome. Didn't work out but you could see some of Strome's game there when he sneaked right in front of the net with nobody covering him.

EDIT: Not a smart shot from Chychrun, could have easily gone the other way.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Vrbata shoots it past Jones. 3 sharks were just kinda staring at him and Jones kinda flubbed it.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
That was really weird from Jones. He wasn't even hugging the post and he's standing there staring at it. Vrby just smashes it in off his pads.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Goligoski on the left with OEL on the right for this PP. Goligoski sneaked in from the left point nicely. Puck kinda rolled away before they got a great shot at it but it was loose in front with Jones down.

EDIT: Nice play by Strome right in front of the net again.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Strome's pretty good at sneaking into the slot without anyone noticing.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Smith hasn't been tested much lately. That usually means a weak 5 hole goal is coming. Probably Domingue vs Peters in the scrim?

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Dolphin... move the puck.

Also, we need Duke and Domi on the same line. When tehy were together early in the preseason they dominated every shift. Now they are split our offense is back to being meh.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Dolphin... move the puck.

Also, we need Duke and Domi on the same line. When tehy were together early in the preseason they dominated every shift. Now they are split our offense is back to being meh.

They are only together when centered by Dvo which is interesting

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Domi with Hanzal/Vrbata makes some sense in theory but they don't seem to have that chemistry yet.

Oh and Hanzal took a penalty which never happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad