GDT: Pre-Season Game #7 vs. Ottawa Senators (6PM ET on TVA Sports, TSN690 & 98.5 FM)

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Hissy fit from Sens fans aside, I really like their forwards. They remind me of Carolina when they were up and coming.

Debrincat in particular has really impressed. Then add Giroux, Batherson, Tkachuk, Norris, Pinto and Diveutzle. Lots of talent there.

HabstuckinTO

Oct 3, 2005
Toronto
Lol, Sens GDT is 17 pages and 5 of those are dedicated to Xhekaj and Slaf. What a sad sack fanbase of a bankrupt welfare organization who has to rely on handouts from real teams to survive. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Can't disagree with anything you've said - it's weird. We all have our wingnut fans but as an example there's one guy over there who's on his way to the beach and must be 12 years old - unreadable. Strangely though, just surveying an admittedly small sample of comments, there are a number of fans that are either positive or at least wait-and-see on Arber and/or Slaf. Nothing like you'd see on a certain blue board.

If I've looked at a bad sample or missed the mark, I'm happy to be corrected. That said, I can't believe that Ottawa has an NHL team. Fat city, I guess, but they do have some reasonable fans.

Reactions: Habano

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
When are the final cuts?

Why are you even here then? Since you want our young developing team to fail and underachieve and not develop as that’s what it would take to get Bedard

I was being sarcastic. I'm not one of those fans who will cheer for them to lose. But if they are going to suck, a no win season would be quite historic to watch. Of course that won't happen but that pre season sure made it a bit believable.

Last edited:

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I was being sarcastic. I'm not one of those fans who will cheer for them to lose. But if they are going to suck, a no win season would be quite historic to watch. Of course that won't happen but that pre season sure made it a bit believable.
No chance. They’ll finish 0-8 in pre-season and beat the leafs first game of the season lol

Reactions: Redux91

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I could see it happening. Martin still hasn't iced a full lineup of NhLers and they were in both games with the Sens. This team will be competitive this year but still lose a lot of games which is fine with me.
Impossible to do at defense.

The main thing is that the team doesn't have much practices time, because they are playing a game every other day or so. Hughes already asked the NHL to only play 6 pre-season games next season.

But they have some free days after today's until the season opener to practice stuff so once the season start, the team should look a lot more cohesive. MSL especially mentioned the power play as something he wish to work on.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Irony is rich considering the goons Ottawa played during their rebuild like Watson and the questionable plays they have made.

More ironic because I remember when he played for the spits, he is another low talent bergie type. I can't speak to his coaching, but player wise he wasn't the most skilled despite his rather large ego I remember back in highschool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad