GDT: Pre-Season Game #7 vs. Ottawa Senators (6PM ET on TVA Sports, TSN690 & 98.5 FM)

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
That is loser talk

The object of hockey is to win games,

There are lots of places I can get entertainment
You sound exactly like Dominique Ducharme....... Win at the expense of developping our young players.

Clearly you don't seem to happy in life with all your negativity on this board, you should take a break from hockey for the next 2 years because this team is going to suck.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Irony is rich considering the goons Ottawa played during their rebuild like Watson and the questionable plays they have made.

We should call back from Laval the giant that was an invite to our main camp and deal with Sabourin tomorrow.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
That is loser talk

The object of hockey is to win games,

There are lots of places I can get entertainment

While I agree that there is a difference between 5-4 and 5-1, I also tend to mock that whole 'I don't care if we lose every game, so long as its close!' hogwash loser bullshit. While I fully understand that this team won't sniff the playoffs, I still want these young guys to put some winning streaks together and get rewarded for positive efforts.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
While I agree that there is a difference between 5-4 and 5-1, I also tend to mock that whole 'I don't care if we lose every game, so long as its close!' hogwash loser bullshit. While I fully understand that this team won't sniff the playoffs, I still want these young guys to put some winning streaks together and get rewarded for positive efforts.
I think the majority of those saying that have never played a competitive sport. Players don't give a shit about draft picks. They want to win, and they play to win. We all saw how low the moral of the team was when DD was in charge. With MSL, we didn't become world beaters, but we started to win a few more games. You could see the difference in the players attitudes.

As a fan, I still hate the idea of losing. Though I understand that sometimes it's a necessary evil to get what the team needs. For this season I'm hoping for the team to continue to improve, while playing entertaining hockey.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I think the majority of those saying that have never played a competitive sport. Players don't give a shit about draft picks. They want to win, and they play to win. We all saw how low the moral of the team was when DD was in charge. With MSL, we didn't become world beaters, but we started to win a few more games. You could see the difference in the players attitudes.

As a fan, I still hate the idea of losing. Though I understand that sometimes it's a necessary evil to get what the team needs. For this season I'm hoping for the team to continue to improve, while playing entertaining hockey.

I fully agree. It's obvious that a lot here after spending years on HF have developed a mentality that's anti-competitive and largely just want to acquire draft picks/prospects to win hypothetical arguments on this board (we've even had a prominent poster openly admit that they didn't want Poehling to succeed because they wanted to be right, instead of what's best for the team) but we should definitely want our young players to be out there winning some games.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
They’ve been targeting an 18-year old player since the first exhibition game as revenge for having beaten up Massicotte and for allegedly hurting two of their players at the rookie tournament.

They had their goon goad Arber into a fight in their first game. And another goon challenging Arber in last night’s game. They’re taking turns using several guys to target an 18- year old, including Tkachuk also trying to get at Arber.

Who’s fooling who?
Let's see if Brady drops the mitts next. There is zero benefit to him doing so but we shall see.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I fully agree. It's obvious that a lot here after spending years on HF have developed a mentality that's anti-competitive and largely just want to acquire draft picks/prospects to win hypothetical arguments on this board (we've even had a prominent poster openly admit that they didn't want Poehling to succeed because they wanted to be right, instead of what's best for the team) but we should definitely want our young players to be out there winning some games.
To a very small degree, I can understand where the anti-competitive crowd is coming from. Teams don't win without star players. Star players are usually only obtained through high draft picks.

I just wish that some would look at the big picture and realize that there is a lot more involved. Player development being one, a winning atmosphere being another. If a team continuously loses, eventually the players are going to start losing interest. Followed by them eventually tuning out the coaches. We all saw it firsthand with DD.

I've seen the bolded part more than a few times over the years. It boggles my mind how some can want to be right so badly. That they would wish injury, or for the player as you mentioned, would not succeed. Personally, if I'm MSL or management. I don't want a player on my team who's not trying to win games.

Reactions: donghabs98

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Thing is guys maybe it’s not something to agree on and is entirely subjective.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Sens fans are an interesting bunch. You have them claiming on one hand how awesome their team is and how shitty the Habs are yet they barely beat the Habs, playing the bulk of their opening day line-up no less. You would think they would wait until their team competes for the playoffs in November before declaring anything. I don't know where the Sens will be but man the trolling will be just epic if they go 1-10 out of the gate for the third, or is it the 4th season in a row? Hard to keep all their shitty starts straight.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
To a very small degree, I can understand where the anti-competitive crowd is coming from. Teams don't win without star players. Star players are usually only obtained through high draft picks.

I just wish that some would look at the big picture and realize that there is a lot more involved. Player development being one, a winning atmosphere being another. If a team continuously loses, eventually the players are going to start losing interest. Followed by them eventually tuning out the coaches. We all saw it firsthand with DD.

I've seen the bolded part more than a few times over the years. It boggles my mind how some can want to be right so badly. That they would wish injury, or for the player as you mentioned, would not succeed. Personally, if I'm MSL or management. I don't want a player on my team who's not trying to win games.
The tricky thing with a rebuild is you dont want to establish a losing anti-competitive culture because it hinder the recovery process when its time to win. Buffalo is a good example of it where even when they tried to start competing around 2016/17 they couldn't.

For me its all about player development. I cant stand losing in the way we did under Dom where no one looked good and the games were negatively impacting player development. Losing and occasionally winning while seeing improvement in how players perform is the most optimal way forward.

With the lottery format and how deep the draft is this year, winning the occasional game and finishing in the top 5 isnt too bad at all.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Sens fans are an interesting bunch. You have them claiming on one hand how awesome their team is and how shitty the Habs are yet they barely beat the Habs, playing the bulk of their opening day line-up no less. You would think they would wait until their team competes for the playoffs in November before declaring anything. I don't know where the Sens will be but man the trolling will be just epic if they go 1-10 out of the gate for the third, or is it the 4th season in a row? Hard to keep all their shitty starts straight.
I think I despise Sens fans more than Bruins fans now. I can respect the Bruins for what they have accomplished (not having that unlikable 2010-2014 core around anymore helps too). But the Sens havent proven or done anything in 5 years, yet their fans seem pretty cocky.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think I despise Sens fans more than Bruins fans now. I can respect the Bruins for what they have accomplished (not having that unlikable 2010-2014 core around anymore helps too). But the Sens havent proven or done anything in 5 years, yet their fans seem pretty cocky.

They are just the annoying little brother that no one cares about.

They think they have this intense rivalry with the Habs and Leafs.. yet neither fan base gives a shit about their existence.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Xhakej living rent free in Sens roster head now.

What they gonna do huh?
Watson couldn't do shit
Kastelic got shit on
Tkachuk is scared

.. Call Sabourin?
They should just dive some more imo
Crazy how quickly he got on their nerves. He's only played like 3 games against them and its not even games where anything is on the line. Yet in that time he has taken on their toughness players and decisively roughed then up. Its been a long time since we had a guy who's come in and done that.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
They are just the annoying little brother that no one cares about.

They think they have this intense rivalry with the Habs and Leafs.. yet neither fan base gives a shit about their existence.
Perfectly sums up how I see them. They are the annoying little brother who wants attention and to fit in with the older kids. I remember walking out of the Habs-Sens last Saturday and a Sens fan acted like they just won a playoff series instead of a meaningless preseason game against a rebuilding team.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I understand the whole cost thing and all that BS...but what if in preseason, you play against teams you are not used to be playing during regular season instead of already trying to kill each other because you already hate the team you are playing against, hence starting the year with less injuries....

Reactions: dinodebino

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Perfectly sums up how I see them. They are the annoying little brother who wants attention and to fit in with the older kids. I remember walking out of the Habs-Sens last Saturday and a Sens fan acted like they just won a playoff series instead of a meaningless preseason game against a rebuilding team.

It's funny seeing them act like they've completed their rebuild successfully and are above all other rebuilding teams.

Inferiority complex in spades.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Gallagher should be able to pick-up Slaf's passes from behind the net at least.
Lol god, it f***ing blows my mind NObody seems to be able to get that heads up pass from Slaf,
Everybody misses it , it leaves the zone, and everybody gets mad at SLAF ffs lol

Have we really sunk to this level?

Your basically saying losing by one goal is a moral victory? :shakehead

I don't see losing by one goal any different than losing 5-1

Also think your exagerating a bit, Leaf scores were 3-0 and 5-1

Terrible games
If you're not BY NOW on board with the rest of us, INCLUDING the new GM's no less, everybody is on the boat right now except you.

I'd honestly suggest not watching the habs for a year or two bub.
When we come back and make port, we'll toss you the rope, you better catch it.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
It's funny seeing them act like they've completed their rebuild successfully and are above all other rebuilding teams.

Inferiority complex in spades.
It's not just the fans, Ottawa young players and coaches also have an inferiority complex and very into projecting too.

I think that's why they are playing so frustrated (as if they were losing despite leading). They believe they should be dominating the (rebuilding) Habs, but they can barely get a win against a lineup full of rookies (especially net and defense).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad