GDT: Pre-Season Game #7 vs. Ottawa Senators (6PM ET on TVA Sports, TSN690 & 98.5 FM)

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Is MSL going to be using some of the line combinations and defense pairs he intends on using this season, at any point? lol

7th of 8th preseason game, and it's still a chemistry experiment.

I get it that lines change all the time during a season, but would be nice to get some kind of consistency now.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Is MSL going to be using some of the line combinations and defense pairs he intends on using this season, at any point? lol

I get it that lines change all the time during a season, but would be nice to get some kind of consistency now.
2 games left and what have they really learned? Been playing a bunch of guys that had no chance of making it this year,what a waste of training camp.smfh

jrom

Mar 28, 2022

Drouin with the AHL guys as the extra line.

I really like this line for Slaf, with Anderson so ppl think twice before running him + on ice mentor and Dvo to help with possession/FO.

This line should be able to cycle and it makes sense to put Slaf on the 3rd line so he focuses on positioning, board battles, etc. Play should be slower also.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
And Bergevin told us centers were unavailable for 10 years LMAO

He never would have traded Romanov. He tried to get guys without giving up actual good players, which is why he failed. He balked at giving up Poehling & our 1st for ROR. And didn't want to add McCarron or Tinordi in trades til their values tanked.

Only time he did it, Subban & Pacioretty, well neither were wanted by the time they left.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Unfortunately, the fact Suzuki & Armia (who are regulars) are out and Heineman (who we know will be kept until the end of camp) are out, it throws a few things off even though it's the 7th of 8 preseason game.

We know Suzuki would be 1C with Caufied, which would then push either Monahan to the wing next to them or on another line, and then have a domino effect.

Pitlick and Evans have been a good pairing so far this camp, so I think that the 4th line could be Pitlick - Evans - Armia (but Armia is hurt).

Reactions: Habs10Habs and 417

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
Slaf is also the best puck carrier on that line by a lot so he won't be deferring constantly like I imagine he felt pressured to last game. It was clearly messing with his decision making, which isn't refined to begin with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad