GDT: Pre-Season Game 6 - Coyotes @ Canucks - 7PM - NHL Network!

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
Dauphin hasn't shown his ability to produce offense even in the AHL. He got what, 20 points all season down there? I know he had a good end of the season. I like him, I hope he progresses. Bunting is one guy I think may have leapfrogged him. He wasn't supposed to be a gritty guy but he likes getting into tight spaces, has a motor and seems to have no problem planting himself in front of the net.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I'm more concerned about Dvorak and this fixation on Dauphin. If Dvorak doesn't dress tomorrow, that could be it for him. Which leaves us with Hanzal-Strome-Richardson-Dauphin down the middle. Not terrible, but not my preference.

I don't think Dauphin will make it, so it's either Dvorak on the third or move White to Center the 4th. We may end up having to sign an additional player, but hopefully Dvorak will work out.

Rieder - Dvorak - Doan
Martinook - Richardson - White

Rieder - Richardson - Doan
Martinook - White - ?? or Martinook - ?? - White

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Dauphin hasn't shown his ability to produce offense even in the AHL. He got what, 20 points all season down there? I know he had a good end of the season. I like him, I hope he progresses. Bunting is one guy I think may have leapfrogged him. He wasn't supposed to be a gritty guy but he likes getting into tight spaces, has a motor and seems to have no problem planting himself in front of the net.

For Dauphin over Bunting, if nothing else you really should have a backup 5th center who can also play wing. The Coyotes have basically always carried one under Tip. There's 5 centers left on the roster and all 5 are probably going to stick. The groundwork for Dauphin making the team has all been laid out in the media to the point where I think he's basically a lock.

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
For Dauphin over Bunting, if nothing else you really should have a backup 5th center who can also play wing. The Coyotes have basically always carried one under Tip. There's 5 centers left on the roster and all 5 are probably going to stick. The groundwork for Dauphin making the team has all been laid out in the media to the point where I think he's basically a lock.

If your're talking centers, sure. He's in the mix. Certainly above Gaudet.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Strome will not see a single benefit from playing in the OHL. There is plenty to learn in the AHL for Dvorak.

I understand that, and I agree. I just can't fully buy into the logic of sending down a player that may be the best prospect we have who also played the best out of any of our prospects while keeping up another that did not play as well as him, but is also eligible to be sent down. I think it would be best to keep both.

While DVO can learn from the AHL, he can learn far more by being in the NHL and he has everything required to be in the NHL. He's smart, has a great work ethic, he's in shape, and he has a lot of skill. If he continues to play well in preseason, he will have deserved a spot in the NHL.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Not only does Dvo deserve to make the team, the team is better with him on the roster. Sending him down would be counter productive in every way.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

Ryan White can also play center and he's a righty.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Ryan White can also play center and he's a righty.

Yeah I remember that coming up when he was signed, but his experience there at the NHL level seems pretty limited. He barely has a full season's worth of face offs taken if you add them up over his entire career which gives you an idea of his usage.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Nope, had a goal and looked great in his end. A couple small mistakes here and there but he may have gotten his preseason rust off during the World Cup - thanks.
That would be awesome, I can't imagine the kind of season OEL is capable of without the usual 2 months of rounding into form!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
How did OEL look? As underwhelming as in the WC?

I don't think he has looked all that good as he is making mistakes he usually does not make. He seems to always start the season slow and I thought he did not play well in the WC. I think once the season start he will be fine.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
How did McGinn play?

Just days ago posters here were giving negative reviews.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
How did McGinn play?

Just days ago posters here were giving negative reviews.

McGinn is fine. People expect a dynamic forward but he has never been that. He's like if Dave Moss cared to hit people and was more consistent in the offensive zone. Not going to wow you but over an 82 game season he's going to win you some games.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00