GDT: Pre-Season Game 6 - Coyotes @ Canucks - 7PM - NHL Network!

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
He looked huge sprawled out during that play. Not like Crouse but lot's of reach, he may be able to clean up a lot of garbage once he gets stronger.

Yeah once he gets stronger and gets used to the speed of the NHL I think he's going to be dominate. Skills there, just gonna take some time for him to get comfortable.

And wow, it sure isn't Domi's night.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Something, something post, something, something Murphy something Rocket

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Domingue and Peters did a pretty good job. Domingue was his usual sort of look terrible but ended up making most of the saves self and Peters was steady in the third.

plgilbert

Apr 10, 2012
Quebec city
I really like Schenn on the PK. He is winning a lot of battle on the boards. I honestly wouldn't mind playing 7 D some nights with DeAngelo and Schenn in.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Tony D was our best forward and Tony D was our best defenseman. Coincidence? Probably.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Until Strome puts up 50 to 60 points there will he the concern about his skating and effort. He may always looked lazy on tbe ice. He has incredible hockey sense though and that is what makes him so dangerous offensively.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
Vancouver is very bad without their Sedins...

Duclair was so good. he's going to have a great year.

Like many others have said Strome wasn't all that impressive

Murphy looks much faster this year to me, looks confident and like he has improved his conditioning. Very excited for Murphy this year.

Vrbata looked slow however, not just with his feet but with his decision making. he was always kind of a methodical player who waited for the perfect shot when he was producing for us, but he did look slower.

Will Deangelo be the 6th d-man on the opening night roster? I wouldn't complain.

A lot of complaints about Gogo, i did notice a bit of creativity with some of his passes that just barely missed their mark, but yeah, he was off. watching him with the Stars in previous years he had great offensive ability.... but i was hoping he wouldn't be a yandle-esque liability defensively, we'll see.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Until Strome puts up 50 to 60 points there will he the concern about his skating and effort. He may always looked lazy on tbe ice. He has incredible hockey sense though and that is what makes him so dangerous offensively.

Honestly, he wasn't dangerous at all in this preseason. He was really bad vs the Canucks. He got two assists but in fact did nothing for it. He got those Assists just because he was in one of the best spots to watch the two goals. No plays at all, just two secondary assists following two passes backwards every player in this organization could have easily made as well.

I just get the feeling that he's not quite ready yet. At least he finally won some faceoffs. Hardly won any in the other games.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I really like Crouse and Fischer. Both exactly what this team has needed.

Beauty shot from Murphy off the post.

I love Crouse and Fischer. Both are fast, tough and have talent. They may not be ready this year, but damn they are close, real close, and the way it sounds Chychrun is right there. Time to get excited about the future of this team boys and girls. I thought Schenn, Murphy and DeAngelo all looked very good last night, while Gogo and OEL were not up to their standards.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Little 77 is really looking good. He has some spunk.

It's almost like having another Domi on defense, he's been excellent tonight.

I want to see more of deangelo. Really can't. With Murphy stone z and Schenn.

We all agree on DeAngelo. When has that ever happened?:laugh: I wonder if he can play the left side? On the goal he scored he was playing LD. This kid has huge talent. Even Dahlback looked solid tonight. It sure is nice to have depth on the D.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I really like Schenn on the PK. He is winning a lot of battle on the boards. I honestly wouldn't mind playing 7 D some nights with DeAngelo and Schenn in.

I don't see Schenn as a 7th Dman. He will be in top six. He had a very solid game tonight, and is not as slow as some of us thought.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Liked DeAngelo a lot but the numbers work against him. We can't scratch both Michalek and Schenn.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Honestly, he wasn't dangerous at all in this preseason. He was really bad vs the Canucks. He got two assists but in fact did nothing for it. He got those Assists just because he was in one of the best spots to watch the two goals. No plays at all, just two secondary assists following two passes backwards every player in this organization could have easily made as well.

I just get the feeling that he's not quite ready yet. At least he finally won some faceoffs. Hardly won any in the other games.

Strome will never be a flashy player and be noticed like Domi and Duclair, but like hbk stated, at the end of the night he is on the scoreboard. If you watch him on Doan's goal where he had the secondary assist, he passed the puck to Murphy, who shot it and Doan tipped it in, but Strome was right there looking for the rebound. He did the same thing the game before which resulted in a goal. Having said that, I expected more from Strome this preseason, but maybe we are expecting a little too much this early.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Liked DeAngelo a lot but the numbers work against him. We can't scratch both Michalek and Schenn.

I did also, but it was only one game. Who ever thought we would have depth at D this year? Outstanding job by JC.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
If Chychrun continues to impress, I wonder if we consider moving a D? There's some value there in clearing a contract and recouping some picks. We only have 4 picks in the 2017 draft. Lots of teams, like Ottawa, still looking for D depth too.

Say Chychrun makes the team and we trade Dahlbeck. That still leaves us with:

Arizona left-D
Ekman-Larsson
Goligoski
Chychrun
7th = Connauton

Tucson left-D
Tinordi
Mermis
Hache

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'd probably just assign Dahlbeck. He probably won't get claimed during the mass waivers period of end of camp. I think Chychrun belongs in the OHL though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad