Post-Game Talk: Pre-season game 4, Jets @ SENS, Friday 7pm on TSN5

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
By numbers? The coach probably hasnt decided yet on the final lines etc.
Just in rows of 3 for F and then rows of 2 for the D.

We know it is numeric but it looks like it could be the actual lines. Not a big deal.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Would have liked to see Matinpalo with Branny in this one. Also where is my boy Fizer?

That's another intriguing pairing, but Marco Polo, surprisingly, has yet to play his 2nd game. Didn't see any injury/yellow jersey related news on him, thought he should have gotten right back in against the Habs and definitely by tonight.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Will have an eye on Smejkal, Bailey, Crookshank again tonight...still not sold on Bailey but almost a certainty he gets signed

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
I liked Lassi the other night against the Leafs. He looked good with the puck in the offensive zone. Adequate (at best) defensively but I'll take that. I've never been a big fan of his but I thought he looked like he belonged. He'll most likely not make the big team but he's good depth player when we have injuries.

He was surprisingly adept defending against Matthews on a few shifts I noticed

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Will have an eye on Smejkal, Bailey, Crookshank again tonight...still not sold on Bailey but almost a certainty he gets signed
I surely hope you are wrong about signing Bailey. I would rather lose B-D on waivers and sign Pinto, while retaining Joseph, Kubalik and Brannstrom.

Reactions: SensFactor

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Icing the Stützle - Tarasenko line tonight, very nice. They will keep Tkachuk for Norris' return and we will actually see our talent spread across three lines.

Tarasenko-Stützle-Giroux
Tkachuk-Norris-Kubalik
Batherson-Pinto-Joseph

Of course, I'm reading too much into it.

Reactions: swiftwin

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Hoping Tarasenko finds a fit with Stutzle and Giroux. Then you can follow that trio with Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson.

IMO Giroux-Stutzle-Tarasenko bound to work, even if it falters a bit at the start.

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson is perfect fit.

Tkachuk will take faceoffs for Norris and be the defacto physical guy on the line so Norris doesn't have to be all that much, and removes him from risk of injury of his shoulder with the extra physical edge as he all of a sudden becomes toughest guy on his line if Tkachuk is removed. Plus the known chemistry between the 3.

Tarasenko-Norris-Batherson all of a sudden means that Norris has to be the best defensive forward(by long shot) and most physical forward on that line.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
That's another intriguing pairing, but Marco Polo, surprisingly, has yet to play his 2nd game. Didn't see any injury/yellow jersey related news on him, thought he should have gotten right back in against the Habs and definitely by tonight.
It would be awesome if we had a Marco Polo!

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Icing the Stützle - Tarasenko line tonight, very nice. They will keep Tkachuk for Norris' return and we will actually see our talent spread across three lines.

Tarasenko-Stützle-Giroux
Tkachuk-Norris-Kubalik
Batherson-Pinto-Joseph

Of course, I'm reading too much into it.
Put me down as supporting "whatever line combinations work on any given night"!

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I dont feel like we need to care about any of these prospects anymore.

The roster is pretty well set for a few years now and theres no current prospect likely to crack a meaningful role for at least a couple seasons.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
You sir, are correct. Tkachuk is still nursing the cut near his eye. I believe they did mention he will play when Norris makes his return... o_O
We should ice our full lineup the last two games of preseason, I hope Pinto is signed by then :crossfing

Hoping Tarasenko finds a fit with Stutzle and Giroux. Then you can follow that trio with Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson.
Tarasenko needs to play on the right side, G can play on the left side

Reactions: NyQuil and Icelevel

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
IMO Giroux-Stutzle-Tarasenko bound to work, even if it falters a bit at the start.

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson is perfect fit.

Tkachuk will take faceoffs for Norris and be the defacto physical guy on the line so Norris doesn't have to be all that much, and removes him from risk of injury of his shoulder with the extra physical edge as he all of a sudden becomes toughest guy on his line if Tkachuk is removed. Plus the known chemistry between the 3.

Tarasenko-Norris-Batherson all of a sudden means that Norris has to be the best defensive forward(by long shot) and most physical forward on that line.
Tank and Batherson are more physical than Norris.

Nobody is running around looking for hits but those guys don't pass them up, either.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad