In the Penalty Box
Be there...... or watch it on TSN! :popcorn:

1695932118539.png

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Probably because it's a home game. The roster we send over to Winnipeg next Thursday is gonna be incredibly barebones.

2nd last preseason game. Roster is going to be a lot smaller by then.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I'm going

Probably because it's a home game. The roster we send over to Winnipeg next Thursday is gonna be incredibly barebones.
By next Thursday we're down to almost exclusively NHLers

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This seems like a very good roster for a preseason game...
Minus Highmore and Chartier this could hypothetical be a roster they dress for an NHL game. Anyone know the lines?

Norris, Tkachuk, Pinto, Kubalik, Joseph and Hamonic are the only regulars out.

I hope we get a look at.

Giroux Stutzle Tarasenko

2nd last preseason game. Roster is going to be a lot smaller by then.
For sure. All of the remaining games it's going to be strong.

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021
From BG:

Today's alignment:

Tarasenko Stutzle Giroux
Smejkal Jarventie Batherson
Crookshank Chartier Bailey
Highmore Kastelic MacEwan
Greig

Sanderson Zub
Chychrun Chabot
Brannstrom Thomson
Youre Guenette (should be Toure of course)

Merilainen
Mandolese
Sinclair

Of interest:
2nd line
3rd D pairing

Reactions: armani

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
From BG:

Today's alignment:

Tarasenko Stutzle Giroux
Smejkal Jarventie Batherson
Crookshank Chartier Bailey
Highmore Kastelic MacEwan
Greig

Sanderson Zub
Chychrun Chabot
Brannstrom Thomson
Youre Guenette (should be Toure of course)

Merilainen
Mandolese
Sinclair

Of interest:
2nd line
3rd D pairing

Jarventie is not even a natural centre, unlike Stutzle who has had some experience in juniors/Mannheim. He is moonlighting until Norris and Pinto are back, but Jarventie - much like Stutzle - has looked better since he turned centre for Belleville last year. While centre is a position of strength for the Sens, the centre depth/prospect pipeline is pretty bare, so good to see Jarventie make hay while the sun shines. I am a big believer of the type of skills he brings, still a project that needs ripening to reach his full potential.

Intriguing to see Thomson with Brannstrom, with JBD not doing much to solidify his spot on the big team. Good to see internal competition and how this pair fairs as both are offensive minded defencemen not necessarily known for their shutdown abilities.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I liked Lassi the other night against the Leafs. He looked good with the puck in the offensive zone. Adequate (at best) defensively but I'll take that. I've never been a big fan of his but I thought he looked like he belonged. He'll most likely not make the big team but he's good depth player when we have injuries.

Reactions: Cosmix

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I liked Lassi the other night against the Leafs. He looked good with the puck in the offensive zone. Adequate (at best) defensively but I'll take that. I've never been a big fan of his but I thought he looked like he belonged. He'll most likely not make the big team but he's good depth player when we have injuries.
IMO we don't really need his inside the opposition blue line strength or rather we need a good defender on the 3rd pair and his dzone is still not there .. that said no one has really stood out in that regard. I missed the game with Matinpalo

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Why do we keep trying tarasenko on the left side? Hope it’s just a feeling out process but I’d rather get Batherson more reps at LW
I dont know if thats exactly whats going to happen given that Stutzle and Giroux interchange and you will see Stutzle line up on the left side when G is taking the draws. This is a line that I think makes sense and I hope has terrific results tonight.

Reactions: aragorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad