Post-Game Talk: Pre-Season Game #3: Canucks 4, Oilers 2 (Sutter x2, Pettersson, Pearson ENG)

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Myers looks great, makes dynamic plays and is smart with the puck. Petterson is on a different planet, his decision making and speed is even faster.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I was a fan of the Myers signing. I've lost touch with him since his peak in Buffalo but I'm liking him so far. This team desperately needed another top four defenseman. So far I'm liking his mobility, skating and IQ.

He’s looked composed thus far - settling the puck and taking the time to make the smart play. Caliber of competition and early days and all that, but still.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Vancouver bench already looked defeated still more than 82 games to go in the season lol

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Sutter didnt read that well, the Oiler player misplayed the puck lol

THRILLHOIAF

Jul 26, 2019
Why is Arseneau here? Why wasn't he sent down with the group today? He's not competing for a spot lol

I genuinely believe Antoine Roussel has somthing to do with it - they were parked next to eachother in the press box for the Victoria game and were laughing and chatting it up most of the night - also went on a "all french guys" fishing trip during the training camp with Brisebois/Perron.

Plus Arseneau was a soldier for the Comets last season - big hits - defended the kids - and scored more goals than more guys than he probably should have

quintissential ECHL journeyman type guy

Canucks just probably doing the guy a favor

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
I genuinely believe Antoine Roussel has somthing to do with it - they were parked next to eachother in the press box for the Victoria game and were laughing and chatting it up most of the night - also went on a "all french guys" fishing trip during the training camp with Brisebois/Perron.

Plus Arseneau was a soldier for the Comets last season - big hits - defended the kids - and scored more goals than more guys than he probably should have

quintissential ECHL journeyman type guy

Canucks just probably doing the guy a favor
Yeah I can see that, just feel like that spot may be better taken by someone competing for a spot. I would have been really interested to see what Eriksson's compete level would be in back-to-back games even if its meaningless. Would really show how much he gives a **** about making this roster

I have no problem with doing him a favor though. Just feel like maybe they could have evaluated some potential roster players at home. He seems like a good guy who has worked hard as a plumber

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Myers is large human being, feels like he is covering half the ice when he crouches over

This has been a major complaint of mine since the Gillis days is just how small our defense has always been. I really like just the sheer amount of room Myers takes. I don't even care if he's tough as long as he doesn't shy away and can play competent defense.

THRILLHOIAF

Jul 26, 2019
Yeah I can see that, just feel like that spot may be better taken by someone competing for a spot. I would have been really interested to see what Eriksson's compete level would be in back-to-back games even if its meaningless. Would really show how much he gives a **** about making this roster

I have no problem with doing him a favor though. Just feel like maybe they could have evaluated some potential roster players at home. He seems like a good guy who has worked hard as a plumber

Well theres still games Thursday Saturday and Sunday correct?

This is probably just a "give some guys some exposure"

kind of like they're doing with Ferraro

although based on how Graovac is skating and playing - i can see the Canucks legitimately keeping him now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad