GDT: Pre-Season #7: Mon, Sept. 30, 2019, FLYERS at Lausanne Hockey Club, 2:00 pm ET

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
My dream I think is:

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
Lindblom-Hayes-Voracek
JvR-Patrick-Farabee
Raffl-Laughton-Twarynski/Bunnaman/Pitlick/NAK

And give the 3rd line the easy minutes... not many teams can match-up with that.
I agree! And if it weren’t for the migraines it would be exactly what we have.

Reactions: TheKingPin

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

693.gif

Frost wouldn’t use an ostrich pillow.

Those things look more horrifying than comfortable. I’m not even claustrophobic & that thing would be absolutely no dice for me.

Reactions: BernieParent

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Weirdest part is that i'm pretty sure they took a plane where the seats lay down completely into a "bed" so those pillows aren't even necessary.

Although I may be wrong.

You'd have to imagine that's the kind of aircraft they would take.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think we will see Frost pretty soon. Maybe even when they get back to the states.
Nah, can't. They had to place him into a coma and freeze him like Walt Disney so he can recover from this injury. Couldn't possibly keep him up or bring him up soon. 5-7 days actually meant 5-7 years.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017

Frost wouldn’t use an ostrich pillow.

The big team sure is traveling in style.

Ostrich pillows.

Riding in style on a La Compagnie "boutique" French airliner.

use-95_P3940899_3186630c.jpg

Hanging at the Five-Star Beau-Rivage Palace in Lausanne Switzerland.

beau%20rivage%20disp.jpg

Meanwhile, Frosty, NAK and the boys are learning to be REAL hockey players. :D

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Weirdest part is that i'm pretty sure they took a plane where the seats lay down completely into a "bed" so those pillows aren't even necessary.

Although I may be wrong.

The travel situation for teams varies. There are charter companies that operate for the express purposes of sports teams and other groups that desire such opulence. Owning an aircraft is a costly endeavor and though contractual agreements exist in sports with private carriers, dealing with major airlines can be an easier option. Air Canada, for instance, operates a division of aircraft set up for business travel and are modified Airbus 319/320 (IIRC) planes -- in short term, a rival to the 737. The modified aircrafts come with the luxuries of full reclining seats. They generally seat about 60 people which includes management and support staff in addition to players but also provides enough room for equipment. Teams travel by trains in shorter distances and when such travel is an option. But for this trip, I am sure no expenses were cut and it wouldn't be a surprise if a regular aircraft with such seating was utilized. Some of the newer planes for international travel come equipped with extra comfortable seating especially in the business class sections and that includes anything from a 777, 787 (Dreamliner) or some of the Airbus models but more so smaller aircrafts designed for privacy.

As a side note, I was in Lausanne about 20 years ago en route to a trip to Italy. Some of the most scenic memories one can imagine.

Last edited:
Reactions: kudymen

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Nice to see Farabee getting some quality linemates. Good test for him. Chances are he gets a few regular season games in. But we'll see how he responds to see if he can go 9+.

Reactions: DaphneLion

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Wouldnt that be abnormal? To have a starter like a Niskanen sit in the last preseason game? Have I lost my mind or don’t teams typically have one game of their exact starting roster?

It depends on the coach. From what I remember, he switched D pairings in New York. He likely is using this opportunity to further experiment. Tough to say "in the past" with comparisons in Flyers' history. Coaches have differing personalities and beliefs.

To add: Carter Hart is scheduled to go the distance in this game.

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Wouldnt that be abnormal? To have a starter like a Niskanen sit in the last preseason game? Have I lost my mind or don’t teams typically have one game of their exact starting roster?

Maybe he wants to get one last look at Morin and Hagg to decide who is 7 and who is 8?

Its all very confusing.

Reactions: Striiker

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
It's a preseason game. They likely want to get a look at different pairings to see what their options are.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Another note since this question was asked during the radio broadcast of the most recent game. This game is to be played with international rink configurations but the game in Prague -- regular season -- will be by NHL standards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad