GDT: Pre-Season #6 | New Jersey Devils @ New York Islanders | Brocktober 6th | 7:00 PM | F/3-0 L

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
Don’t really like Horvats body language this preseason, I’m not sure he hits 20 goals this year. Playing in Vancouver might be easier to tuck in a few more than he will here.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
That was a Shmid effort

Don’t really like Horvats body language this preseason, I’m not sure he hits 20 goals this year. Playing in Vancouver might be easier to tuck in a few more than he will here.
We paid a lot for a difference maker. He has been anything but that thus far. Can only hope he improves.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
This happens and it will be a disaster with his salary....

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Holmstrom got more PP time than Wahlstrom. That says a lot more about how the staff see's wahlstrom.
They're giving Holmstrom every last opportunity to distinguish himself.

Lambert must be held accountable for this PP debacle. They give up as many SH chances as they get shots on goal.
It's looking horrendous again.
It's not the coaches. It's the players.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
``#Isles Lane Lambert on Oliver Wahlstrom, coming off season-ending knee surgery on Dec. 27: "It looks like he's still trying to find his way a little bit from a speed standpoint."``

:(

• Haha
Reactions: MarsTBOW

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Takeaway is that we need that fix on defense still, and I expect a trade if we're still in it. If not? You doomposters get all the fun with this incoming draft.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
That was a Shmid effort

We paid a lot for a difference maker. He has been anything but that thus far. Can only hope he improves.

I hope i am wrong, I want to see the guy have a great season and career here, but I just dont see it. He can score some goals and win face offs, but he isnt a dynamic difference maker, and for 8.5 per year he needs to be. Realistically he had a career year in a contract season and it paid off for him. The isles probably lost out on this one. I really wanted Meier he is a much better fit for this team.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Did we play too many Kids in games and not have maybe 2 games instead of one with a "Regular Lineup?"
There is no time for excuses...

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
Takeaway is that we need that fix on defense still, and I expect a trade if we're still in it. If not? You doomposters get all the fun with this incoming draft.
Probably we want enjoy the draft as that illustrious first round pick will be moved again for an average 2nd to 3rd line player by Lou. It needs to stop, The team is not that good! I say it , several other posters say it, the hockey world doesn’t have them in the playoffs. There just isn’t enough goals on this roster and not convinced this coach is the ideal coach for this roster

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Probably we want enjoy the draft as that illustrious first round pick will be moved again for an average 2nd to 3rd line player by Lou. It needs to stop, The team is not that good! I say it , several other posters say it, the hockey world doesn’t have them in the playoffs. There just isn’t enough goals on this roster and not convinced this coach is the ideal coach for this roster
You guys will go above and beyond to forget what this roster truly misses, and its sad. They aren't missing a sniper. They badly miss a defenseman like Greene and Toews. I yearn to have a guy like that again on this roster. Its why I would pressure the islanders to play Odellius now over anyone else at LHD. We need to embrace the youth.

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad