HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Mr Hughes, can we interest you in this brain tumor we removed from a patient in LA, previously hosted by Winnipeg and Columbus, we promise the operation to install it will be quick and painless

• Haha
Reactions: HabzSauce

Corky

Mar 21, 2008
Singapore
All jokes aside, if he is bought out, you take a flyer on him on a 1 year deal. He can be a great player and he has always wanted to play for the Habs. A one year deal would mean he would have no pressure from fans, i.e. people would not care if he performs or not, he is on a 1 year deal.

No brainer for me.

Edit: As a trade, if they were willing to take on, say, a Gallagher or an Anderson with some level of retention, I might consider it.

You have to be at least curious about a second line of Newhook-Dach-Dubois….

Edit #2: On the other hand, I’m getting some serious Drouin vibes…

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Thanks for your input. That was not the point.

He’s not coming here and he’s not even been bought out yet, not sure what’s the point on harping on this?
there are a lot of things that probably won't happen that are being discussed on the boards. But none of the things you have said are 100% sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: themilosh

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Already been discussed for like a week.

Why does this forum always need 2, or 3 of the same discussion taking place in different threads ?
Because we haven't got anything to discuss except the draft lottery and stupid trade ideas that for the most part don't make any sense.It's not like we have to talk about who we are playing in the 2nd round.

Reactions: HabzSauce

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Sign him on a one year deal and he plays his heart out, taking the bait. Sign him to a 3-4 year deal after the show me contract and he mysteriously forgets how to play hockey yet again.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Why would Philly trade Farabee ?
Lets see…
Habs need more scoring.
Philly need more scoring too.

Seems like a quick call: Habs calling to get prime Farabee (24) who happens to be their only scoring lw.

But lets pretend Tortorella doesnt like him. Only takes 1 Habs-friendly site to get the rumor going.

Maybe, just maybe, Philly wants to add more 20-22 guys for Michkov’s arrival and would go for offers for likes of Konecny (27) or Farabee (24).

Plenty of future Habs are off-limits, all dmen. Thats fine.

But what about the forward prospects?

I can see Briere liking all of Beck, Roy, maybe even Heineman. All 20-22.

Getting creative here. Farabee comes with 5 mil salary.

Mtl wants to dump Anderson 5.5
Wpg 1st and Struble (22)?

5 pieces + Anderson (cap dump) for Farabee.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
That’s not true, Kakko, Holloway amongst others have been mentioned.

He’s a top 3 pick that needs to be well surrounded.

At the right price I’d roll the dice

lol I disagree, the fans make excuses for local guys that are somehow going to get a resurrection here in Montreal. Anyhoo, no chance the Habs do this

Reactions: OldCraig71

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
What about Sundin, Briere, Lecavalier, and bringing back Kovalev to play on the PP and third line?

• Haha
Reactions: Habs

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
All jokes aside, if he is bought out, you take a flyer on him on a 1 year deal. He can be a great player and he has always wanted to play for the Habs. A one year deal would mean he would have no pressure from fans, i.e. people would not care if he performs or not, he is on a 1 year deal.

No brainer for me.

Edit: As a trade, if they were willing to take on, say, a Gallagher or an Anderson with some level of retention, I might consider it.

You have to be at least curious about a second line of Newhook-Dach-Dubois….

Edit #2: On the other hand, I’m getting some serious Drouin vibes…

And with a good year, do you sign him to a long term deal then?
I wouldn't....would trade his ass at TDL tho....

Reactions: Corky

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
He's a head case...... ya but he's "our" head case. It would not even be a discussion save his name.

Reactions: Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad