GDT: Pre-Season #6 | New Jersey Devils @ New York Islanders | Brocktober 6th | 7:00 PM | F/3-0 L

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
1696613755253.png

NEW YORK ISLANDERS (2-3-0) VS NEW JERSEY DEVILS (6-0-0)

7PM | UBS ARENA | BUY TICKETS

WATCH: MSGSN

The New York Islanders will conclude their preseason slate with a matchup against the New Jersey Devils at UBS Arena on Friday night. This is the second meeting of the preseason between the clubs after New Jersey won a 6-5 contest on Monday night in Newark.

"It's a good opportunity for us to go out there and play strong game," Matt Martin said after Friday's optional skate. "The regular season starts in a week, so we're looking forward to getting out there and cleaning up the things we need to clean up."

The Islanders are coming off of a 5-2 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers on Thursday night at Wells Fargo Center. Karson Kuhlman and Brian Pinho scored their first preseason goals in the loss.

Kyle Palmieri resumed skating with the team on Monday but did not play on Thursday.

The Devils are sporting a perfect 6-0-0 record in the preseason, coming off a 5-2 win over the New York Rangers on Wednesday. New Jersey made some roster cuts on Wednesday, assigning defenseman Cal Foote and Jeremy Brodeur to their AHL affiliate, the Utica Comets.

ISLANDERS PROJECTED LINES

Simon Holmstrom-Bo Horvat-Mathew Barzal

Pierre Engvall-Brock Nelson-Julien Gauthier

Anders Lee-Jean-Gabriel Pageau-Hudson Fasching

Matt Martin-Casey Cizikas-Cal Clutterbuck

Adam Pelech-Noah Dobson

Alex Romanov-Ryan Pulock

Sebastian Aho-Scott Mayfield

Ilya Sorokin

Ken Appleby

DEVILS PROJECTED LINEUP

Forwards:

10 - Alexander Holtz

11- Chris Tierney

12 - Tyce Thompson

14 - Nathan Bastian

20 - Michael McLeod

36 - Joseph Gambardella

37 - Justin Dowling

42- Curtis Lazar

46 - Max Willman

49 - Ryan Schmelzer

91 - Dawson Mercer

92 - Tomas Nosek

Defensemen:

2 - Brendan Smith

17 - Simon Nemec

24 - Colin Miller

43 - Luke Hughes

82 - Santeri Hatakka

88 - Kevin Bahl

Goaltenders:

40 - Akira Schmid

65 - Isaac Poulter

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Palmieri is playing. mainly an NHL vs NHL roster tonight. Don't care if we win or lose, so long as our players look fine.

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Are they slowly paving the road for this guy to replace Brendan when he leaves for greener pastures?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Are they slowly paving the road for this guy to replace Brendan when he leaves for greener pastures?
He’s not bad. But he’s not Brendan who in my opinion is the best in the biz. Hopefully it’s just because Brendan works so much. That being said, Brendan is so good and it’s not a secret any more so I expect him to get a mega offer in the near future that he can’t refuse.

Nice feed by Wally. Pageau needs to one time that

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I can understand playing it passive against this team, but they are not playing with the pace that will make them successful.

With that said, Sorokin has given up a lot this post season.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
He had a rough year stat wise with a weak CHI team last year but I think he’d be an upgrade over Aho and be better in a lesser role.

Caleb Jones was waived by Carolina.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I can’t say I liked Sorokin or Dobson on the first goal.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Devils backups look good lol Devils only “weak link” is their goaltending. They find a legit starter and they’re a real threat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad