GDT: Pre-Season #3: Thu., Sept. 19, 2019, Bruins at FLYERS, 7:00 pm ET

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I was going to post the same thing. Farabee must have 7-8 dump ins today that just led to us losing puck possession.

Frost certainly had the better game today between the 2.

Yeah I think Farabee is feeling the pressure and having a crisis of confidence.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
TK needs to come back into that top line spot where he belongs, then put Farabee and Frost in the middle six where they belong. ezpz

Also, the Giroux on the right side of the PP stuff has proven, yet again, to be a hilarious mistake.

And last, Sanheim needs to be on that 2nd PP unit so put him back in the lineup and let him play.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
4 minutes down 1 goal. Just weird to pin that on Farabee because he was the only one who actually did read it, albeit late.
I'm going to use this time to vent the fact that I get put in this position all the time. I'm not a great skater anymore, especially playing roller, and on one of my teams I'm always caught on D and sometimes getting beat because I read a questionable defensive pinch and rotate back to cover for 2 guys in particular who are very very good players but like to jump up on the play.

Frustrating

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Farabee is still a great young player. It's 1 preseason game. Definitely the combination of non-high end speed and lack of physical maturity stood out on that 1LW spot. He's super savvy and an intelligent short area player and not overmatched per se -- and a lot of plays just didn't work more than he wasn't mentally reading it. He had his moments. But he's not Konecny up there (yet). Konecny's imagined fungibility pre-contract was a little much.

I would love to see Frost on Hayes' wing though sometime this preseason. Or someone like Lindblom on one of his wings. Glad to see the "Farabee is ahead of Frost in NHL readiness" narrative get put in doubt, at least. His pure speed and skill flashed big time. And he was far from lost at center, without the easiest linemates.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I was out and didn't really see the 1st two periods other than the near misses so maybe he was terrible, but this team can really use a player of Frost's skillset on the team. I won't complain if and when Farabee and/or Rubtsov make the team, but this team has a lot of support guys. They need a guy that can create chicken salad out of chicken shit. That's Frost.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I was out and didn't really see the 1st two periods other than the near misses so maybe he was terrible, but this team can really use a player of Frost's skillset on the team. I won't complain if and when Farabee and/or Rubtsov make the team, but this team has a lot of support guys. They need a guy that can create chicken salad out of chicken ****. That's Frost.

This​

Reactions: FatTugboatFlahr

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
Very important question: do the blue lines look darker than before?

They're very obviously darker than the crease, which is fine, but it's like they ran out of paint and had to use leftover from the Dietz & Watson and Stubhub on-ice ads.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
These first few games are all about individual play. The right guys have looked good. That is all i care about.

Once the scrubs are gone and the regular roster can start working as a team...that is when wins matter.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
This team better start winning games, preseason or not, or be relegated to also rans. Winning may not be pre-eminent in preseason but this organization is in need of something profound and forward. Lackadaisical and lackluster performances are becoming too ingrained. The lack of an entertaining product coupled with losses is a fetid and festering sideshow.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Also, I'm hoping Rubtsov and Vorobyev get the night off. It would be 3 games in 4 nights for those two. I'd like them to be seen at their best. Not dragging ass after a hectic two weeks on the ice with little rest. Get them in again on Saturday when refreshed imo.

I guess AV didn't read my post from last night.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I guess AV didn't read my post from last night.

He looks tired after playing 3 games in 4 nights, while rusty from the offseason and missing last year due to injury???

notsurprisedkirk.jpg

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Heaps praise on guys like Hagg and Stewart but this is what Frost gets.

Please tell me this isn't going to become Hakstol 2.0.

“Heaps praise on?” He’s said some minor positive things. I think with Hagg he actually said he’d “heard” good things and wasn’t even attributing the praise to himself.

Also, not a terrible strategy. You want the young guy fighting for the spot to stay very hungry. The lesser veterans, you maybe wanna give them some confidence or at least be professionally polite.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
This team better start winning games, preseason or not, or be relegated to also rans. Winning may not be pre-eminent in preseason but this organization is in need of something profound and forward. Lackadaisical and lackluster performances are becoming too ingrained. The lack of an entertaining product coupled with losses is a fetid and festering sideshow.

I too was thinking that if this keeps up this organization needs some sort of culture shock

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
“Heaps praise on?” He’s said some minor positive things. I think with Hagg he actually said he’d “heard” good things and wasn’t even attributing the praise to himself.

Also, not a terrible strategy. You want the young guy fighting for the spot to stay very hungry. The lesser veterans, you maybe wanna give them some confidence or at least be professionally polite.

Compare Hagg to Frost and then compare this praise to the praise Frost got...

Come on, you can't pretend that's not backwards as hell :laugh:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Compare Hagg to Frost and then compare this praise to the praise Frost got...

Come on, you can't pretend that's not backwards as hell :laugh:

He had nothing to say about Hagg after actually coaching him a game. When asked about him by a reporter, hes not going to say something disparaging before even seeing him play a game. He just threw out the usual cliches.

As for Frost...you dont want to heap praise on him after 1 good preseason game. You want to keep him hungry to prove himself and earn the spot. He was out there taking one of the last ozone faceoffs in the game. Thats more telling then any post-game stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad