GDT: Pre-Season #3: Thu., Sept. 19, 2019, Bruins at FLYERS, 7:00 pm ET

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Morin is still a somewhat alluring player, but time and luck have not been his friend. He's still quite mobile at his size, but he's been robbed (both by coaching and by injuries) of integral years needed to adapt to the NHL game. His outlook potential dimmed from "serious force" to "solid depth" I think, and in the time since his draft Myers has emerged as this absolute unicorn who takes precedent as the young giant project piece that you drop into the lineup.

It's a tough situation. I really want him to show he still has some stuff, enough for them to unload Hagg and let Sam rock the #7 spot. Injuries will happen, he will get time, and if he does well, he could earn a role with Braun's deal expiring after this year.

PhlthyRich

Mar 26, 2019
Philadelphia
No this team is always stagnat. Bruins played a hard working game getting ready for the season and the Flyers looked like gm 73 last year beat everywhere skating and board battles lost all night long that led to shots on goal. AV has his work cut out as these players that make this TEAM is nothing like he had in NY of VAN. Leadership is a ?.

eh, we still have players learning AV's system. The Bruins players last night have been in Cassidy's system and know it like the back of their hand. Meanwhile our players are thinking and adjusting the system mid-game.

Reactions: Rebels57

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Every time I see him play, he plays better than Hagg. This goes back to when they were both Phantoms. That's all I care about. The best players playing.
Honestly we shouldn't even be in position to have them possibly play. If we get injury in playoffs I want a competent player to dress not some 2020 version of Hal Gill.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Honestly we shouldn't even be in position to have them possibly play. If we get injury in playoffs I want a competent player to dress not some 2020 version of Hal Gill.

Morin is a competent player. He's not one of our 6 best though. I'd obviously prefer our top 6 be healthy.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Morin is a competent player. He's not one of our 6 best though. I'd obviously prefer our top 6 be healthy.
Most likely we will see all of Hagg, Morin and Braun be on ice for some ugly goals this year and my hope is that Niskanen won't be joining that group.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He will be #8 on the chart. If 2 are injured at the same time guess what? He's the on going in.
And that would be a mistake. He shouldn't play in any situation, he should be traded ASAP.

Provorov
Niskanen
Ghost
Braun
Sanheim
Myers
Morin
Friedman
Brennan
Prosser

There's 10 names that should be ahead of him. I don't want to see the bottom couple play, but Hagg is bad at literally everything so he shouldn't be ahead of anyone who can do anything at even a mediocre level. If we go through that list and still need another, then find another guy in the AHL, pick someone off waivers, or make a trade.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
1016B5FB-4E0B-46BA-9081-E9F9161C1455.jpeg

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Stewart being given the chance to make the team.

:pout:

Per Bill the forwards are:
Forwards: 11 Travis Konecny, 12 Michael Raffl, 13 Kevin Hayes, 21 Scott Laughton, 23 Oskar Lindblom, 24 Mikhail Vorobyev, 44 Chris Stewart, 46 Cal O'Reilly, 64 Maksim Sushko,72 David Kase, 76 Isaac Ratcliffe, 78 Matthew Strome.

I don't see him making it or any of the other wingers listed. Not even Ratcliffe.

Misha if he makes it it will be as a center.

Only change I could see would be run Raffl-Misha-Laughton. But then your 4c Saturday night is????

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Stewart being given the chance to make the team.

:pout:

They are obviously looking at him as a possible 4th liner, so seeing what he brings with the other 2 likely 4th liners makes sense. If only tissue paper Pitlick didn't get hurt again.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Per Bill the forwards are:
Forwards: 11 Travis Konecny, 12 Michael Raffl, 13 Kevin Hayes, 21 Scott Laughton, 23 Oskar Lindblom, 24 Mikhail Vorobyev, 44 Chris Stewart, 46 Cal O'Reilly, 64 Maksim Sushko,72 David Kase, 76 Isaac Ratcliffe, 78 Matthew Strome.

I don't see him making it or any of the other wingers listed. Not even Ratcliffe.

Misha if he makes it it will be as a center.

Only change I could see would be run Raffl-Misha-Laughton. But then your 4c Saturday night is????

Yeah Ratcliffe is not nearly NHL ready. Needs 1 1/2 -2 AHL seasons in my opinion.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeah Ratcliffe is not nearly NHL ready. Needs 1 1/2 -2 AHL seasons in my opinion.
Give him 2 full years and see how expansion plays out. There is only a spot in the top 9 if JVR is moved...or Lindblom.

But yeah, let him develop at his own pace and go from there.

Also, having him for an injury callup in year 2 is not a bad thing.

Reactions: Rebels57

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
IDK what is the Stewart thing, he wasn't even that long in Minnesota I doubt Fletch considers him for more than just a warm body to ice in preseason.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
IDK what is the Stewart thing, he wasn't even that long in Minnesota I doubt Fletch considers him for more than just a warm body to ice in preseason.

Yep a free warm body. Knowing that kids are heading back to Junior and the AHL then you don't want to burn G/Coots and probably a few others. Warm bodies aren't a bad thing that you can say thanks at the end of camp and be on their way and if they get an offer from another team after camp it's a plus for that guy.

Which is why I never get the fascination of people that he is here. He won't even go overseas with the team most likely.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Late to the party... I thought Ghost and Frost looked excellent. Farabee and Ruby just ok...3 in 4 for Ruby was tough-sledding.

Also, NAK, Bunny and Carson T. impressed me.

This is pretty much exactly how I saw it, though I would remove Twar and add Braun to the impressed me list.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
This is pretty much exactly how I saw it, though I would remove Twar and add Braun to the impressed me list.
Carson T. seemed physical, fast and most of the time on the right side of the puck. Hoping Braun is what he is... solid, hard on pucks, hard in front and in the corners giving Ghost the luxury to free-wheel and be creative. Ghost was great IMO...

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Carson T. seemed physical, fast and most of the time on the right side of the puck. Hoping Braun is what he is... solid, hard on pucks, hard in front and in the corners giving Ghost the luxury to free-wheel and be creative. Ghost was great IMO...

I didnt mind Twar. He did what he does fine. What he does isnt impressive to me though lol. He sure as hell looked better than Andy Andregetthehellofftheice though.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell

I was hoping Braun would be with Sanheim. It seemed that most of the times when down late and Hak/Gordon would slightly release their shackles from Sanheim he'd shine. A partner like Braun would allow it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad