GDT: Pre-Season #2: Tue., Sept. 17, 2019, FLYERS at Islanders, 7:00 pm ET

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Well. That’s that.

Thought Dobson was the best player other than Barzal.

Sanheim and Hart looked good. Rubs had some moments.
Really? Dobson. Wow. I thought he looked pedestrian and had trouble getting out of the zone against minor league talent. But I missed some of the game so I could have missed his better parts.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
oh-no-we-suck-again.jpg

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Good thing about tonight, if there weren’t so many exhibition games, we could get rid of 80% of the guys dressed tonight. Some of these guys are baddddddd

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Seemed to me like Sanheim was rusty. For a preseason game against a lot of lesser players, his puckhandling seemed inconsistent considering how highly his talent is regarded. Game 1, though, & the hands always show the most rust.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just caught up on DVR.

Had no business being in that game considering who we dressed but we outplayed them in the 1st and 2nd. The 3rd period was just a slog.

NAK stood out to me in the 1st. Rubtsov in the 2nd.

Andreoff is not an NHL player. Gabriel should actually just retire.

Sanheim looked extremely rusty. Hagg was even worse than I remember him. Awful shot selection. Gave up the blue line like candy on Halloween.

Otherwise, not much to take away from this game considering the lineup.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What kind?

The roster was full of players who won't sniff the NHL... so I have a hard time worrying about anything that happened in this game.

The Isles should be worried that it took 64 minutes to beat the Phantoms.

Reactions: Starat327

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
This will not be a long post... still skip by if you'd like.

MY THOUGHTS:

- Very very boring game. Had a real Hakstonian roster to it. Meat bags galore doing meat baggy things... well... maybe.

- Kurtis Gabriel was the real standout. It's not too often you see someone who is involved soo much in that "tough guy mentality" get scared of a fight, proceed to get destroyed in that fight, and then leave with a dismantled leg after getting hit really hard into the boards. THAT HEAVY PLAY payed off tonight for him.

- The bears were all bad tonight. Bad news for these bears is that they'll be in the AHL if they're lucky.

PLAYER OBSERVATIONS:

- NAK: Good game. Skated very well, his physicality was effective and efficient. I thought the lady commentator was about to have an orgasm talking about how damn good Dobson was when NAK worked him all night and just beat him outright consistently.

- Rubtsov: Nothing more to say other than I really like him. He's at the top of my pecking order for 3RW. Sucks I haven't had much of an opportunity to see Frost... that's the way life is, I guess.

- Misha: Effective shifts, then seemed to go unnoticeable. Outside chance at a spot, but is still good.

- Kurtis Gabriel: As a nice poster on here stated, it isn't ever fun or good to see someone get a major injury (looks major) in a game that doesn't mean anything, but my god I don't think you could have a worse showing for a specific role that Kurtis Gabriel did.

- Stewart: Bye...

- Tanner Fritz (NYI): That guy had a real impressive game. Seems to play like a coaches dream.
- Whalstrom (NYI): Might be my bias, however, he may be the most overrated prospect. Every time I watch him I just am always thinking... how the hell was he drafted so high. His shot selection isn't that effective, he's late on the forecheck and his support is less than effective. The only time he plays his niche is when a defender wanders off and the puck ends up on his stick where he just throws in on the net. May just be me, but he looks like a let down- funny enough, he used to be one of my favorite prospects prior to the 2018 draft. Maybe I'm just a pessimist.

HIGHLIGHTS:

Hopefully the kids get to play in the next game. I want to see Rubtsov, Farabee, Ratcliffe, Frost, NAK, Misha, and Kase, get some good lines and opportunities to really showcase what they can bring to the team. None of this Cal O'Rielly being their center or Rubtsov having to center someone like Stewart. Stop with that shit.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Really? Dobson. Wow. I thought he looked pedestrian and had trouble getting out of the zone against minor league talent. But I missed some of the game so I could have missed his better parts.
Dobson did not look like anything special, except like lots of prospects....his exuberance.

Well done Flyers kids, keeping the cap on that NHL-tilted lineup for 55 minutes was a job well done.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
NAK Impressed me the most actually.

The LOS though were Haag, Stewart, Gabriel, Andreonoff, Berube, Sushko, these players show nothing

Reactions: TheKingPin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Dobson did not look like anything special, except like lots of prospects....his exuberance.

Well done Flyers kids, keeping the cap on that NHL-tilted lineup for 55 minutes was a job well done.

Not just a lot of Isles regulars, but a few top prospects too. They should have smoked that team we iced but actually got outplayed for 2/3.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
We had like 4 definite NHLers playing, right? Raffl, Laughton, Sanheim, and Hart? Am I forgetting anyone?

Point being, that game means f***-all about this teams regular season.
Yes for sure but i would like for us to actually win a game. We 0 for 3

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
We had like 4 definite NHLers playing, right? Raffl, Laughton, Sanheim, and Hart? Am I forgetting anyone?
Count Hagg too.

Main point being, that game means f***-all about this teams regular season. Correct. in fact, Flyers did a great job to fend off an NHL experienced Islander team who pretty much played with no useful intensity unitl the last 5 minutes, and that was due to the Flyer's play, not the Islander's lack of interest. Or so I like to think.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Not just a lot of Isles regulars, but a few top prospects too. They should have smoked that team we iced but actually got outplayed for 2/3.
Whalstrom was especially bad imo. Dobson played better than his other showings, however, I’ve seen NYI players saying he’s their next coming if a top defender... lol

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
They have to swear the jersey and roster are a typo. Not sure the official pronunciation guide is out yet.

The problem is hockey players will go ten years before telling the media the correct way to spell or pronounce their names.

The freakin Kaberle brothers each pronounced their names differently. Freakin brothers.

Didn’t grossman correct the spelling of his name on his jersey when he was thirty.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Count Hagg too.

Main point being, that game means f***-all about this teams regular season. Correct. in fact, Flyers did a great job to fend off an NHL experienced Islander team who pretty much played with no useful intensity unitl the last 5 minutes, and that was due to the Flyer's play, not the Islander's lack of interest. Or so I like to think.
Helllllllllllll no

Hagg isn’t an NHL quality player. He’s closer to ECHL quality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad