GDT: Pre-Season #2: Tue., Sept. 17, 2019, FLYERS at Islanders, 7:00 pm ET

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
This up tempo camp must be working wonders for the Flyers. They are already in mid-season form!

Up 2-1, under 90 seconds to play, GOAL!!!!!!! game tied 2-2. In OT, surrender the winner, just like it was planned, clock work.

Gabriel is bad, and whenever noticed it was seldom for something positive.

RAFFL COPTER!

Vorobyev looks like he should be a player, but always seems to be lacking, it.

Hart looked pretty not bad.

The pre-season Islanders crew wasn't the worst, way way, infinitely, better than Denis Potvin.

Butch Goring had the night off...

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
RigidGoldenGlowworm-size_restricted.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Saved that gif for later.

I honestly couldn't believe what I was watching when this happened... he has an easy pass right there to the LW and instead he just holds it, passes it right to an Islander player, and then gets embarrassed.

THERES PEOPLE WHO DEFEND THIS GUY TOO :laugh:

Reactions: Rebels57

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013

I honestly couldn't believe what I was watching when this happened... he has an easy pass right there to the LW and instead he just holds it, passes it right to an Islander player, and then gets embarrassed.

Hits dude... hits.

Reactions: Striiker

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

But he blocks shots and stuff and play like a f***in man

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Problem is Morin hasn't shown much so far.

Friedman may well beat out both Morin and Hagg.

Given how much AV likes L/R balance, and with Zamula and Hogberg as LH D-men (as well as York), they may be grooming Friedman as Braun's replacement.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Terrible forced & tunnel-visioned play, emblematic of problems with the Flyers’ D for years. Exactly what they need to get away from. Will not help his chances.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Problem is Morin hasn't shown much so far.

Friedman may well beat out both Morin and Hagg.

Given how much AV likes L/R balance, and with Zamula and Hogberg as LH D-men (as well as York), they may be grooming Friedman as Braun's replacement.
I like Friedman. Just has to keep it simple.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
When he does stuff like this, it's just so confusing because "defensive" Dmen usually are known for the safe play. And every Dman is taught the safe play is up the boards. And in this case, the WIDE OPEN man is along the boards. There is not even a Flyers player open up the middle.

But hey...goalie saved it so no minus!

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Problem is, every single defensemen makes mistakes... but Hagg never makes up for his.

Guys like Ghost, Sanheim, Provorov, Myers, Gudas, etc make mistakes but then they make up for it... and then some.

What matters isn’t net impact. Hagg is clearly a net negative.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
When he does stuff like this, it's just so confusing because "defensive" Dmen usually are known for the safe play. And every Dman is taught the safe play is up the boards. And in this case, the WIDE OPEN man is along the boards. There is not even a Flyers player open up the middle.

But hey...goalie saved it so no minus!
He was making a "safe" play. He was flipping it out of the zone. He just f***ed it up. Royally.

Morin fought the puck the other night, but I still found myself saying about a half dozen times, 'Hagg doesn't make that play'. His execution can be hit or miss, but at least you can see he has some semblance of what to do with the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad