Post-Game Talk: Pre-Post season Oilers 4, Flames 1

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Both goalies looked ready. Smith got knocked out of by position a Flames places on him by Nurse for their only goal.
Was that a classic 1st shot goal against Talbot? He is such a great goaltender but that curse is something else..

excited to see how we’ll look once we play real hockey.
I think we’re to miss Gagner in the series. Could use a few more wily vets that love the game.
Gagner if you are reading this I am your biggest fan in my household and please sign with the Oilers bye
It’s not a curse it’s because he’s not a “great goaltender”.

Reactions: Oilhawks

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
Wasn’t sure what to expect after four months off, players quarantined during a pandemic and with it being an exhibition game. Sure looked like a real game to me.

That was actually a surprisingly decent hockey game. Had way more bite to it than I thought it would. Certainly some rust for both teams, but it was MILES better than normal pre-season games.

It seemed almost like a normal game - I was wondering what it would be like. The right amount of rink noise, some music, less player talk than what I expected. Kostco was solid. McD was good when he had to be. Drai was a little off but some of those backhand passes were sublime. Yamo was tenacious as usual. Do you think Broberg will play against the Hawks? (I do).

We took our foot off the gas after dominating them. Then came back when it counted. Really looking forward to the Chicago series now - we should take them easy unless our goalies shit the bed. I don't think so.

Nice to see hockey after 4 crappy months - now on to the playoffs and hopefully a solid 1st round win!

Reactions: Oilhawks

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Missed you guys.

OyNixGlP4T-T8grYHxL4yphLqhgDmlqEi0aBEuf1y2v15j5M5V45ubL51v0F6m9rUMk4eM1UQqpi85rehXI2cj0tNUDYUvdTeShgvkSqeoxUGndKoum1YQC6XQaSACL-GFvWqYWQ_ElMYASk_yVPdVBfZ63tXxEVbeK9

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
The more I reflect on this game, the more I believe that the boys were told to back off a little.

Otherwise I think we would’ve had a repeat of the last time we played Calgary. We would’ve thrashed them, but there would have been fights. I think that we came out of the game injury-less is a win itself. The fact that we still beat them by 3 is icing on the cake.

Yeah I'm inclined to agree with that. Kassian was engaged in the 1st but didn't really notice him after that. Tippett must have told them to back off. And yes, a 4-1 win against Calgary despite not playing at our best is a major plus

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Yeah I'm inclined to agree with that. Kassian was engaged in the 1st but didn't really notice him after that. Tippett must have told them to back off. And yes, a 4-1 win against Calgary despite not playing at our best is a major plus

Man could you imagine Kass playing like he did in the 1st against Chicago?

If I was Kane I’d be taking out a life insurance policy.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Man could you imagine Kass playing like he did in the 1st against Chicago?

If I was Kane I’d be taking out a life insurance policy.

Knowing Kass he will be laying some big time hits in the 1st period against Chicago. Kane should definitely be afraid lol

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The more I reflect on this game, the more I believe that the boys were told to back off a little.

Otherwise I think we would’ve had a repeat of the last time we played Calgary. We would’ve thrashed them, but there would have been fights. I think that we came out of the game injury-less is a win itself. The fact that we still beat them by 3 is icing on the cake.

When McDavid wanted to he was toying with them.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad