Post-Game Talk: Pre-Post season Oilers 4, Flames 1

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
See that’s the thing about the Flames. They’re all posers. Fake tough guys. Nobody puts their money where there mouth is.

Rinaldo, Rat Boy, Andersson are all cut from the same cloth. They’re all rats.

I could see them asking these kids at the draft:

"Its the battle of Alberta and shits going down. Do you

A) Turtle
B) 2v1 an opposing player
C) Rise to the occasion
D) Bully a rookie"

If they pick C they arent a "fit with the culture".

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Wasn’t sure what to expect after four months off, players quarantined during a pandemic and with it being an exhibition game. Sure looked like a real game to me.

I thought it was a real game until the 8 PIM nothing scrum. Intensity fell off a cliff right after.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Opening post from the other side of the rink: (C.P)

View attachment 355996

8AEA3D89-3185-4F73-B769-EF2152FE80C2.gif

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
McDavid and Draisatl at half speed cleans out the Flames like an enema cleans out a 90 year old constipation patient.

Seriously how can one team assemble so many brain dead toothless wunders.

Tkachuk, Rinaldo, Bennett, Lucic, Giordano, Mangiapane, Anderssen, Backlund, Rittich.

I mean the collective IQ of these ass clowns cant exceed Bennett’s uniform number.

Monahan and Hobbit, the disappearing man bun twins, should take their act to America’s Got Talent and amaze the judges with how they can turn invisible.

Although I agree with the general sentiment, I could’ve done without that visual before I went to bed.
FAEB0460-72D1-4906-88B8-CF487AEEB5B3.gif

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
We rolled them in the first but backed off in the last 2 periods. I wonder if Tippett told them to lay off the physical stuff. We seem to feed off of that energy. Anyways, I thought that McDavid, Bear, Koskinen, and Smith had good games. Bring on Chicago!

Reactions: Oilhawks

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Andersson is a wiener. Dude has the biggest mouth only once the refs break everything up

Impeccable use of the word weiner. I might start using Andersson in place of the word weiner now.

"That guy is such an Andersson."
"Time to put some Anderssons on the fire."
"Whoa, it's a total Andersson-fest in here."
"I like mustard and sauerkraut on my Anderssons."
"The Anderssons stopped cooking. Oh, it looks like it's because the Flames are going out...
...It must be the playoffs."

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Impeccable use of the word weiner. I might start using Andersson in place of the word weiner now.

"That guy is such an Andersson."
"Time to put some Anderssons on the fire."
"Whoa, it's a total Andersson-fest in here."
"I like mustard and sauerkraut on my Anderssons."
"The Anderssons stopped cooking. Oh, it looks like it's because the Flames are going out...
...It must be the playoffs."
"Hello? 911? Yes, it's me again. Yes, the mousetrap got caught on my Andersson again."

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
P Russell with a goal, ya it doesn't count but this will be the first of many during these playoffs! He will go full Pisani!

(probably not but one can dream lol)

No doodles tonight? We're getting spoiled by expecting doodles, lol. :)

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Both goalies looked ready. Smith got knocked out of by position a Flames places on him by Nurse for their only goal.
Was that a classic 1st shot goal against Talbot? He is such a great goaltender but that curse is something else..

excited to see how we’ll look once we play real hockey.
I think we’re to miss Gagner in the series. Could use a few more wily vets that love the game.
Gagner if you are reading this I am your biggest fan in my household and please sign with the Oilers bye

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Being able to shit post the Flames again feels so good.

I am tempted to head over to the outhouse and crap on some Flamers in HF Flames but I want to try and keep my ability to like posts for at least another week or so.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Both goalies looked ready. Smith got knocked out of by position a Flames places on him by Nurse for their only goal.
Was that a classic 1st shot goal against Talbot? He is such a great goaltender but that curse is something else..

excited to see how we’ll look once we play real hockey.
I think we’re to miss Gagner in the series. Could use a few more wily vets that love the game.
Gagner if you are reading this I am your biggest fan in my household and please sign with the Oilers bye

As @Soli would say:

False.

Reactions: Soli

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
We rolled them in the first but backed off in the last 2 periods. I wonder if Tippett told them to lay off the physical stuff. We seem to feed off of that energy. Anyways, I thought that McDavid, Bear, Koskinen, and Smith had good games. Bring on Chicago!

The more I reflect on this game, the more I believe that the boys were told to back off a little.

Otherwise I think we would’ve had a repeat of the last time we played Calgary. We would’ve thrashed them, but there would have been fights. I think that we came out of the game injury-less is a win itself. The fact that we still beat them by 3 is icing on the cake.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
P Russell with a goal, ya it doesn't count but this will be the first of many during these playoffs! He will go full Pisani!

(probably not but one can dream lol)

He sure made the most out of his opportunity. His goal was fortuitous but a goal is a goal and he put in the effort to get in the position to capitalize on a bad bounce. 1 goal 1 assist 2 points and 3 shots in 4:53 of icetime. Not too shabby!

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad