Pre-Game Talk: Pre-Playoffs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
That's not a nice thing to say dude. But I did stop already. Just liked the first page and then some :)
It's like when I posted on the Canes board. "Oh, I have a new notification. '17 people like your shitpost'. Oh, okay." But you would know more about that than I do. :naughty:

Reactions: Murzu

kitsel

Mar 31, 2012
Excited for some Avalanche playoff hockey!

I don't expect a series win, but this will be fantastic experience for a young core. Almost every team has to take their lumps in the playoffs before becoming a consistent contender/true cup threat, and I hope this is what we're seeing with this team.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Oh ok, I thought I saw a report which says Varly out for regular season so I figured he might be back for the start of the playoffs, however I have a lot of confidence in Bernier, hopefully he can stay healthy and fresh enough to carry the work load.

Now that I've had time to watch the press conference, Bednar confirmed no Varly for the first round.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I was hoping to avoid Nashville. Not only are they scary, they're my bandwagon team from the West. Would be hard to root for them if they beat the Avs in a tough series and some bad blood develops.
That said, I'll take any opponent. Just glad to be here. And hopefully Colorado defies the long odds and makes my having a bandwagon team a moot point.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I just finished the game (I live in Malaysia) and I think I may have a heart attack. It's been many a year since I was that much on the edge of my seat for an entire game and now I'm so pumped for the playoffs I can hardly stand it.

There are going to be some crazy good games in the series against Nashville. I can feel it. I don't expect us to win, but I want it deep down in my soul. The playoff beard begins now.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
So yeah, I heard a crazy rumor from a lady that works at the Pepsi Center yesterday that both Varlomov and Johnson skated early in the day. Johnson is still a while out but Varly seemed to think if they can get to round 2 he will be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad