Pre-Game Talk: Pre-Playoffs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Just looked at some of the other series. Pens vs. Flyers should be awesome, really happy that one came together. Also get Anaheim vs. San Jose which should be fun. Really hope Boston loses tomorrow so we can see Boston vs. Toronto too.

In the words of Barry in Road Trip: It’s gonna be a blood bath.

HBYET_.gif

Reactions: Murzu

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Don't even care if they get swept. The kids need to learn how to play these types of games against the best team in the league if they plan on becoming one of the best teams in the league themselves over the next couple of years.

Some people might overrate playoff experience, but I think this is going to do wonders for players like Jost, Girard, Compher, Kerfoot, Rantanen, etc.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Don't even care if they get swept. The kids need to learn how to play these types of games against the best team in the league if they plan on becoming one of the best teams in the league themselves over the next couple of years.

Some people might overrate playoff experience, but I think this is going to do wonders for players like Jost, Girard, Compher, Kerfoot, Rantanen, etc.

Hopefully just getting to the playoffs and knowing they did it by themselves without outside help is a good and motivating experience. It would have been a rough off-season if they'd lost tonight - now they can go in with some pride and confidence regardless of what happens. Seeing Girard's celebration tonight really highlighted that. And MacK's excitement when Landy scored the empty netter.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I just realized the Sharks won't have home ice advantage vs. the Ducks. How the hell did they manage to choke that away?

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
The biggest thing about this team, is the quality divided by the average age (if that makes sense), and I think we are very, very strong potential wise. When we are on, we can literally tear any team asunder I believe. I know everyone has the Preds as a lock to win the whole thing, but we'll push them, and it won't be easy for them.

That being said, the experience for guys like Girard, Jost, Compher, Rantanen & many others will be so beneficial to next years (and future) campaigns as well.

The easiest way to explain our team, is very under rated. We deserve more respect and credit. The fact that Makar is staying at school for another year is a GOOD thing for us, in the long run. Next year (and I think we need to re-sign Barberio), we have EJ, Zadorov, Barberio, Barrie, Girard (and them a mix of so many more, including Lindholm, Siemens, Alt, Meloche, Timmins & so many more). Our cupboard is looking much, much more full.

Everything bodes so amazingly well (even IF we lost today), and our trajectory is up, up, up.

member 116861

"We wanted playoff hockey" seems like an alright theme

Another idea I was thinking would be something along low/beating expectations. Could have one pic with a players expected stat line and then the next one with their actual stat line.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Looking outside of the Avs series, looks like some other real good ones as well. SJ/ANA will be a good one. Pens/Flyers should be a bloodbath. LA/Vegas will be good, think LA wins that one. That's a pretty bad matchup for Vegas, think they'd much preferred the Avs or Ducks. If Boston loses tomorrow Toronto/Boston would be a good one as well.

Should be a pretty interesting round 1.

Reactions: AvsWraith and Murzu

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany

Exactly. I have no problem with a 4-0 exit. Winning one game would be absolutely amazing. But just making it in is fantastic.

Reactions: MacBradley

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
Looking outside of the Avs series, looks like some other real good ones as well. SJ/ANA will be a good one. Pens/Flyers should be a bloodbath. LA/Vegas will be good, think LA wins that one. That's a pretty bad matchup for Vegas, think they'd much preferred the Avs or Ducks. If Boston loses tomorrow Toronto/Boston would be a good one as well.

Should be a pretty interesting round 1.

Yeah I feel the matchups are way better than the last years. Really happy I got two weeks off now.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I don't think theres any indication yet. All we heard is our for the season. I guess theres a chance if we somehow make it to the WCF or SCF
Oh ok, I thought I saw a report which says Varly out for regular season so I figured he might be back for the start of the playoffs, however I have a lot of confidence in Bernier, hopefully he can stay healthy and fresh enough to carry the work load.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I didn't know that until now but both wildcard teams in the east made it with 97 pts. We're the team with the lowest point total to make it.
And many, including me thought it would take close to 100 points to make it in the west. The NHL has become very unpredictable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad