2019 Stanley Cup Final Pre-Game Talk GAME 1 - 5/27 8:21 PM - Blues return to SCF after 17,914 days to the same city

Which team wins Game 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Looked at each teams record and goal differential by game of the series. Was surprised to see that St Louis actually was a minus goal diff in 3 of their first 4 games.

Game 1
BOS: 2-1-0 / +1
STL: 2-1-0 / -1

Game 2
BOS: 2-0-1 / +6
STL: 2-1-0 / +1

Game 3
BOS: 1-2-0 / -1
STL: 1-1-1 / -3

Game 4
BOS: 3-0-0 / +9
STL: 1-1-0 / -2

Game 5
BOS: 1-1-0 / Even
STL: 2-1-0 / +5

Game 6
BOS: 2-0-0 / +5
STL: 3-0-0 / +8

Game 7
BOS: 1-0-0 / +4
STL: 1-0-0 / +1

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
With them being well rested. I expect to see the Bruins defenseman jumping up into the attach and help creating offense even more. Its one area where the Bruins are very strong, but it tends to be forgotten because of how much depth they have with their forward lines.

I feel McAvoy is going to be a reckoning force in these finals as he has the capability's to jump up in the play and still be able to get back defensively.

The Bruins D are coming in under the radar which is a good thing. With Grizz, Clifton, Krug and even Carlo they all have the ability to join the rush, as well as transit the puck out of their own end single handily. A lot of talk has been made about how big and talented the Blues defenders are but at the end of the series, I have a feeling it will be the Bruins D, who'll be getting all the praise.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
With them being well rested. I expect to see the Bruins defenseman jumping up into the attach and help creating offense even more. Its one area where the Bruins are very strong, but it tends to be forgotten because of how much depth they have with their forward lines.

I feel McAvoy is going to be a reckoning force in these finals as he has the capability's to jump up in the play and still be able to get back defensively.

The Bruins D are coming in under the radar which is a good thing. With Grizz, Clifton, Krug and even Carlo they all have the ability to join the rush, as well as transit the puck out of their own end single handily. A lot of talk has been made about how big and talented the Blues defenders are but at the end of the series, I have a feeling it will be the Bruins D, who'll be getting all the praise.
Well said.

Im also expecting big things from the third line again. IMO they're going to exploit that third pairing on the Blues as they have the last two rounds.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

No doubt, Blues haven't met these Bruins yet.
They're in for a surprise.

Last edited:

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Blues fans think our Dee is slow-ish. So they'll just forecheck hard. Specially since they think Rask can't handle the puck.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I'm starting to get annoyed with posters saying Chara is too old , our 3rd pair D is easily exploitable and that the Bruins will crumble under the Blues physicality.

Chara is too old.

Everyone is too young.

Bruins are slow, can’t handle speed or a forecheck.

It goes on and on. Yet the Bruins have eliminated three VASTLY different teams that all had strengths that were supposed to be Boston’s weakness.

I have faith in this core and this group. Their will to win cannot be questioned.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Wild card to me is the ‘disciplined/attack’ mentality of the Bruins defense

They are just better at it then St Louis

In 3 years we may not be even in the top 5 for forward talent in the division but their defense will likely be the best overall and most mobile

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
DB8758F9-6A30-46B2-8A4D-5741BB433B6E.gif
I came across this and thought it was amazing, just wanted to share. GO BRUINS!

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I'm starting to get annoyed with posters saying Chara is too old , our 3rd pair D is easily exploitable and that the Bruins will crumble under the Blues physicality.
Have they been watching the playoffs? Those are posters you just glance/skip by.

Chara too old?
He may have lost a step or two, but he continues to prove people wrong again and again. It may take him a game too adapt to the speed and the play, but because of his intelligence and skill he'll be a major force once again.

3rd pair D is easily exploitable?
Clifton and Grizz as the third d-pair, their fantastic. Speed,Skill, Grit and Courage, give me that any-day, no matter their size.

Bruins will crumble under the blues Physicality??? :laugh:
The Bruins feed off of the Blue Jackets physicality and man for man there's no more physical team in the NHL than Columbus.

Last edited:

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I dont know about all you guys and gals but I'm so relieved that we are playing the blues then sharks. I know sharks were beat up but they would have gotten a bit of rest and probably most of their squad would have faced us. Sharks reminded me of the leafs. A quick strike offence fast lethal powerplay and joe x factor was playing out of his mind and a man on a mission. Jones too was playing lights out making miraculous saves. Burns is unstoppable as well and vlasic was like a pillar of titanium back there. Karlsson also gave me haunting nightmares of what the he and the sens did to us a couple of yrs back. Blues are tough no doubt but this is a beatable team and their scoring and powerplay is no where lethal . We have a great shot here.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
It's not even close. I think we are the superior team all around.
Imo it won't be a close series.

i agree we are better all around....
but game 1 will be huge
if we manage to shake off the rust and win game 1 i think we cruise.
justike carolina series. carolina couldnt get game 1 with mcavoy out and it killed them.
if stl doesnt jump on our time off. same thing.
because we are the better team all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->