GDT: Pre-8: FLYERS 4 at Bruins 1, Saturday, Sept. 29, 2018, 5:00 p.m. ET

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You missed the period worth watching.

That's about right.

It ended well... Elliott made a few good stops including partial one on one with Pastranak and Raffl scored a few nice goals... Vorobyeav and Simmonds looked very good together.

This was the only game where I thought Elliott looked solid from what I did see through 2. Prior to tonight he made it extremely obvious that hockey is played on ice, and even more obvious that ice is slippery.

CowboyDan

Jan 28, 2017
Germany
A few small thoughts:

*Despite a few good plays, Meyers looked rough out there today. Friedman looked way more relaxed, I am thinking Meyers got into his own head.

*I love Misha.

*Good to see Coots and Simmer out there again.

*Leier had a really good game. Fingers crossed he pushes one of Wiese or Lehterä down.

*Patrick was a bit meh in the pre-season. I hope he puts it together when things count.

*Folin is bad. Really bad.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
It ended well... Elliott made a few good stops including partial one on one with Pastranak and Raffl scored a few nice goals... Vorobyeav and Simmonds looked very good together.
I agree, I think that 3rd line is gonna be dynamite. I KNOW it'll be dynamite if tonight is any indication

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
This was the only game where I thought Elliott looked solid from what I did see through 2. Prior to tonight he made it extremely obvious that hockey is played on ice, and even more obvious that ice is slippery.
Was the only time our PK look somewhat decent.. anyway I am just happy we gonna have a season soon and everyone is healthy. A lot of potential in AHL, a lot of prospects pushing for roster spot.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah, Myers didn't win himself a spot tonight. Other dmen being worse through preseason is irrelevant, to have a shot of making the team over one of the slugs he'd have needed to look Ghosty out there.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Friedman looks Very sure of
Himself and looks relaxed as others have said. His skating is very smooth, his skating backwards is probably faster then I skate forward.

Reactions: Foggy14 and Tripod

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Yeah, Myers didn't win himself a spot tonight. Other dmen being worse through preseason is irrelevant, to have a shot of making the team over one of the slugs he'd have needed to look Ghosty out there.
Yes but it was a tough situation he was paired with Friendman against experience Bruins team minus Burgeron. I bet if Provorov was there he would look a lot better.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yes but it was a tough situation he was paired with Friendman against experience Bruins team minus Burgeron. I bet if Provorov was there he would look a lot better.

Yeah, I'm accounting for that; there sure didn't seem to be any chemistry there. He had some individual plays that were mistakes, though, and I disliked how often Bruins were making their way around him; his positioning was off a hair too much.

He did have a few solid plays though, although they were often squandered. Not his fault when he did everything right for naught.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Yeah, I'm accounting for that; there sure didn't seem to be any chemistry there. He had some individual plays that were mistakes, though, and I disliked how often Bruins were making their way around him; his positioning was off a hair too much.

He did have a few solid plays though, although they were often squandered. Not his fault when he did everything right for naught.
If you pair him with MacDonald it's going to be like bad 1st year marriage requiring 2 years of therapy. So many things to unlearned and undo... may as well send him down.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If you pair him with MacDonald it's going to be like bad 1st year marriage requiring 2 years of therapy. So many things to unlearned and undo... may as well send him down.

If he stays, and plays with MacD, I want him sent down for repairs the moment he does the MacDonald Flop against a rush. Don't even let him finish the period or game, just get him in the shop immediately.

Reactions: tictactoe

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
I lost respect for OSU and PSU both. My cousin ‘s son was one of them at PSU if you get my drift. Would not send my daughters to either one, even though they are both football fans. They both went to PAC 12 schools where it was sunny and warm. Smart kids. Unfortunately their careers are in shitholes like Minneapolis and Detroit.....cold and /or dangerous . Though Chicago is fun, in the summer.....

Hockey wise, most of us dislike Lethera , the hockey player. I do respect him as a 4th center until there is someone much better. Weal is slightly better but not significantly better. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment.?? Frost is now 2 years away if Big V is 3rd line??

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't even know what the best thing is for Myers at this point. Do you really want him up here with Coach Caveman?

Part of me wants him in the AHL wrecking and pushing play so he can get called up and confidently do the same thing in the NHL. Just pull a Ghost.

What a travesty.

It really is Sanheim all over again.

Other more progressive teams are just turning their NHL ready prospects loose.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
A few small thoughts:

*Despite a few good plays, Meyers looked rough out there today. Friedman looked way more relaxed, I am thinking Meyers got into his own head.

*I love Misha.

*Good to see Coots and Simmer out there again.

*Leier had a really good game. Fingers crossed he pushes one of Wiese or Lehterä down.

*Patrick was a bit meh in the pre-season. I hope he puts it together when things count.

*Folin is bad. Really bad.

Have to agree on Patrick. Not a very inspired preseason from him.

Reactions: Stizzle and Tripod

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Good games from some of the whipping boys in Lethera, Hagg, Elliot and Leier

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I don’t have NHL Network following a recent move, but I found a bar that put the game on for me. No sound, though.

Couturier looked good, which alleviated some worries.

Vorobyev again looked good.

Simmonds looked much better, which was a relief.

Patrick again failed to make any impact. Disappointing preseason for him considering I think the Flyers’ success (or lack thereof) rides on him taking a step up to a consistent, 50 pt 2C.

Elliott played well, thankfully, because he had looked awful this preseason.

Leier & Raffl were excellent. I was shocked at how noticeable Leier was almost every time he was on the ice. However, same thing happened last preseason & he couldn’t translate it to harder games.

Lehtera actually had a good, noticeable game.

None of the D really jumped out at me.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
It's late but late calls sometimes serve a purpose.

143_TOB_Bulliet_Glass.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3