GDT: Pre-8: FLYERS 4 at Bruins 1, Saturday, Sept. 29, 2018, 5:00 p.m. ET

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
So happy to see Simmonds and Couturier abck. Over all I liked this game and rookies played well even know made a few mistakes.. Misha earns NHL roster spot. MacDonald and Gudas better play well or they will lose roster spots.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
This will be a shorter post lol.

My Thoughts:

Although I don’t own NHL Network, I was in the office prepping for this weeks upcoming work. Would’ve liked to get a stream going, but that would’ve distracted me too much.

Hopefully someone can give their own objective thoughts on tonight’s game since I missed it.

***I take it some people like reading these in case they missed the game... I don’t think I’ll do like a player summary or anything because it will get a little tautologous and repetitive.

Are there some things, in case you miss or just want to hear an outside opinion on?

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
This will be a shorter post lol.

My Thoughts:

Although I don’t own NHL Network, I was in the office prepping for this weeks upcoming work. Would’ve liked to get a stream going, but that would’ve distracted me too much.

Hopefully someone can give their own objective thoughts on tonight’s game since I missed it.

***I take it some people like reading these in case they missed the game... I don’t think I’ll do like a player summary or anything because it will get a little tautologous and repetitive.

Are there some things, in case you miss or just want to hear an outside opinion on?

I really like the recaps you normally make, haven't been able to watch a preseason game yet, but feel like the whole snapshot in review is helpful. I also like to get a cookie, or a reward, or whatever it is you offer upon completion lofl

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Did you watch the game? It was awful until it was tied 1-1.

And that team had no Bergeron. That matters.

Flyers win big...and all you can say is Bergeron is out?

Can you think of any usefulFlyers who didn't play?

Do you actually want to cheer for the Flyers? Or not.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Oh please, don't act like this behavior is limited solely to the GDTs that's just dishonest. I don't really give a **** what people wanna talk about, it's a discussion board I get it.

GDTs are always less rational and more stream-of-consciousness. They're more negative (and positive too if it's earned) than other threads. They're the id to this forum.

Again, what do you want people to discuss? We have plenty of posts about how awesome XYZ player is -- hyping up our young players or our stars. Saying it's all doom and gloom is not true. But in every discussion about every topic in human history, it's short and easy to talk about the positive. More words are always spent on complaining or trying to fix the negative. I don't know why that's earth shattering stuff. People don't go to therapy to discuss the positive; they need an outlet for the negative. Oftentimes, that's what the point of this forum is: fan commiseration. Far from crying and wailing, we often channel our gripes through humor.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Hexy has some moves to make but I'm going Myers even though he hasn't stood out and freidman on and get rid of gudas. Folin is place holder for Morin and lethera stays and trade Laughton already. He's horrible and soft lol.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018

When Hot Rod refers to "Mr #1onderful" , he's actually talking about Hakstol.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I only had radio. So I could not see what the adjustments the Flyers made for the 3rd period. So the question is who is in the 13th and 14th spots?.

Weal Leier Weise, even tho two had strong games and are clearly better NHL ers.

I want Weise to never play another game and alternate the other two on 4th line for some speed with Raff and Laughts

Reactions: macleish1974

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
How did it end? I had to bathe a meatball and put it to bed shortly into the 3rd.
It ended well... Elliott made a few good stops including partial one on one with Pastranak and Raffl scored a few nice goals... Vorobyeav and Simmonds looked very good together.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Lehtorgo looked serviceable tonight, but he does that occasionally and unfortunately it tends to be an outlier at this point. He set up some good plays from the corners, actual good attempts at setups.

On that note, there was more attempts at isolating a single Bruin in a triangle of Flyers to set up good chances from the slot side of the circles. Plays designed to create chances for forwards, instead of dumping it back to dmen. That's different from last year, and it's good. That systemic element is vital for our bottom six to generate more pressure instead of fighting deep before dumping it back for a point shot from the moon. That happens to be exactly how Trotz had the Caps play against the Penguins to lethal effect, and I don't think that's a coincidence. It's also in line with Hak's glacial timeline for adjustment.

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
GDTs are always less rational and more stream-of-consciousness. They're more negative (and positive too if it's earned) than other threads. They're the id to this forum.

Again, what do you want people to discuss? We have plenty of posts about how awesome XYZ player is -- hyping up our young players or our stars. Saying it's all doom and gloom is not true. But in every discussion about every topic in human history, it's short and easy to talk about the positive. More words are always spent on complaining or trying to fix the negative. I don't know why that's earth shattering stuff. People don't go to therapy to discuss the positive; they need an outlet for the negative. Oftentimes, that's what the point of this forum is: fan commiseration. Far from crying and wailing, we often channel our gripes through humor.
Like I said I'm not here to police speech so I don't know why you think I want to direct the discussion in any particular direction, I'm just giving my opinion on the discourse. Lately, I've found the discourse to be exceedingly negative. That's just my opinion.

Reactions: RebusFlyer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad